Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 23463 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #375 on: February 01, 2014, 02:02:58 AM »
Snowhead is done, tomorrow I'll snag the gilded sword upgrade and get Epona back. And maybe work my way over to Great Bay, depending on how much time I have. I'm gonna have to re right Goht tomorrow though, so I can get my sword upgrade.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 05, 2014, 10:17:30 PM »
Quadruple post. But that's not really applied here.

I'm debating on whether or not I should start Stone Tower Temple tonight. I could start it now, but no way can I get through an extremely long temple in one hour (in real time, not game time). I'll probably wait until tomorrow.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 05, 2014, 11:37:02 PM »
I wish I could replay MM too, but I don't have access to a copy at the moment. :cry: I would wait to play Stone Tower Temple though when you are 100% ready to play through the whole dungeon. It is a long dungeon, but it is totally worth playing through in one sitting. I wish I could sit here and play it right now. :P

What I am going to do is replay OoT again and this time collect everything. All upgrades, all heart pieces, all spider tokens, etc. I am also going to collect as many things as possible before turning into an adult too. Last time I did this, I got 10 heart pieces altogether. Can't wait. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 06, 2014, 02:23:56 AM »
Wait, you don't have your copy from the last playthrough you did? Maybe there's a way you can get one if possible. And yeah, I probably won't take on Stone Tower until tomorrow. While I love this temple, and the whole Ikana region in general, this temple is excruciatingly long. And of course, every thing has to be done both frontward and backward in a three day time limit. Who knows, maybe I won't need a walkthrough to get through it. I really haven't used a walkthrough for any of the temples unless it was to locate whatever stray fairy I was missing. And if you collect all the fairies in Stone Tower Temple, you get that awesome rainbow sword, which does quadruple damage. I love that thing, even if it is just an item, and not a sword upgrade. Should've been rewarded a lot sooner though.

And you're going to 100% through OOT? Awesome, don't forget about the skulltula glitch I showed you. ;) Though that should be used as a last resort. If you're feeling extra ambitious, why don't you playthrough the game with only 3 hearts? I hear it's REALLY hard to do, and I'm not sure which "copy" you need to use to actually pull that off. And call me crazy, but I might play the Master Quest version of OOT. :P I'm still on the fence on that, but if you're doing another playthrough, maybe I'll try Master Quest, regardless of how hard it is. I'm pretty sure I can download that from the Project 64 site, where I usually get my emulators.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 07, 2014, 01:37:09 AM »
I have Master Quest for my Gamecube version of OoT. It is definitely a big change from the original version of the game. The whole "mirrored" version of the overworld is kind of a mind-bender at first. The Great Deku Tree is hard as hell in that game. :shock: Also, the Shadow Temple is insanely hard too. That was even harder than Great Bay Temple. I really wish I could play MQ right now, but I only have my N64 copy. It is worth replaying for that copy though. ;) Also, I do have my MM cartridge right now. However, I am missing my expansion pack to play it for the N64. I will search religiously for it over the weekend.  :mrpurple:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 07, 2014, 01:48:54 AM »
But by the time you find your expansion pak for MM, I'll probably already be done with the game. :o And yeah, I hear the Deku Tree (the tutorial levels of all things) and the likes of Water Temple and Shadow Temple are hard as hell. If you ever want to play MQ, I'll gladly play it as well. Though weren't you going to restart the regular OOT?

Oh yeah, and I beat Stone Tower Temple not long ago. It was long as hell, as predicted, (especially that bloody mirror room :x ), but I really didn't have much trouble with it. I only needed a walkthrough for the fairies I was missing, and yes I got the Fairy sword now. :mrpurple: I still had a lot of time to spare too, I was in the middle of the final day by the time I saved everything. And twinmold is a piece of cake. But man does that Giant's Mask take up a lot of your magic. Off to the Anju and Kafei quest for tomorrow, which I also know is gonna be time consuming. I know I know, pointless mask galore, but I just love the storyline behind it.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 09, 2014, 10:53:10 PM »
Well, now I've beat the game! If you have Chateau Romani, a bunch of arrows, and Fierce Deity Mask, you should do fine. All three boss forms are a piece of cake.  And not even a single death either, not even to take down Gyorg back when I did Great Bay Temple. :o I mean, I had to use two fairy jars on Gyorg, but I'm honestly surprised I didn't even die from that. I really am getting better and better at these games. I finished the game with 18 hearts, all 6 bottles (one I had to get via Cheats), and all four fairy upgrades.

And just for fun, here are my death tolls on my playthroughs through OOT and MM:

OOT:
First: 47 (This was before I knew about fairy jars and health potions)
Second: 2
Third: 1

MM:
First: 3*
Second: 1
Third: None.
*Well, 4 if you count running out of time and letting the moon crash down on you. Which only happened the very first time I ever played this game.

Other than that, I think that's it for me playing anymore Zelda games for a while. Unless there some new files you want to play. Otherwise, I'll just post some comics or interesting topics/theories/whatever I can find. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 12, 2014, 09:48:50 PM »
I have made some great progress before turning into Adult Link. I have 10 hearts right now, maxed out Deku Nuts (40), maxed out Deku Seeds for Slingshot (50), one Deku Stick upgrade (20), and one Bomb Bag upgrade from the Bombchu Bowling Alley. I also collected all of the Happy Masks too and have the Mask of Truth. I wanted to get the heart piece from the fishing hole, but I don't have the patience right now. So I am ready to turn into Adult Link. While as Adult Link, I want to complete one more heart before I go to the Forest Temple. I can get the following:

- One on top of Dodongo's Cavern.
- One inside the Kakariko Windmill.
- One on the Research Lab in Lake Hylia.
- One from the Kakariko Graveyard Magic Bean Plant.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 12, 2014, 09:58:59 PM »
You really are doing the 100% of this game? Wow, I didn't think you were actually going to do it. I might as well start another file, assuming you're going through the regular game and not MQ. If I play this game again, I might actually try the three heart challenge. It's when you play the entire game with only three hearts. Some people say it's easy to do, but I don't see how anyone can pull it off. Also, can you play the game with no magic meter? Like.... say you went through the game with no upgrades, no heart pieces, no skulltula tokens, nothing. Is it even remotely possible to pull off the game sans magic meter? I know it seems silly to do, but I always wondered what it would be like to play a game with no upgrades whatsoever.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 13, 2014, 11:17:37 PM »

Don't know if I've posted these before, but these images are hilarious. Especially the first one. Stupid annoying Navi. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 14, 2014, 12:50:31 AM »
Navi is ridiculously annoying. You can't spend 2 minutes in one area before she tells you where to go. :roll: It is much easier to give in and listen to her instead of seeing the annoying "Navi" sign on the screen. Although at least Navi can be useful, unlike the owl who unnecessarily talks and gives useless information. Lake Hylia is ahead? Really? As if the sign right next to you is not pointing me into that direction?

I completed the Forest Temple too. Now, I really want to try and find my Master Quest copy and play it. I loved the challenge of the dungeons in that game. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 14, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »
Couldn't agree more. Can you imagine her in Ikana Canyon reminding you about the Garos every three seconds instead of Tatl? :shock: And you still didn't answer my previous question:

Also, can you play the game with no magic meter? Like.... say you went through the game with no upgrades, no heart pieces, no skulltula tokens, nothing. Is it even remotely possible to pull off the game sans magic meter? I know it seems silly to do, but I always wondered what it would be like to play a game with no upgrades whatsoever.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #387 on: February 14, 2014, 04:16:55 PM »
Couldn't agree more. Can you imagine her in Ikana Canyon reminding you about the Garos every three seconds instead of Tatl? :shock: And you still didn't answer my previous question:

Also, can you play the game with no magic meter? Like.... say you went through the game with no upgrades, no heart pieces, no skulltula tokens, nothing. Is it even remotely possible to pull off the game sans magic meter? I know it seems silly to do, but I always wondered what it would be like to play a game with no upgrades whatsoever.
I'm pretty sure some parts require magic from the light arrows, so I don't think it's possible.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 14, 2014, 04:23:09 PM »
I figured as such, since you also use Fire Arrows along with Light Arrows. I suppose you could skip getting an extended magic meter though.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 14, 2014, 09:07:18 PM »
And has anyone even gotten Farore's Wind to ever work? I never know how to get it to work, and I didn't even touch it once on my most recent playthrough.