Author Topic: Why I fell off the face of the forum  (Read 489 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Why I fell off the face of the forum
« on: August 09, 2013, 10:34:30 AM »
Making a long overdue check-in on the forums.  I really didn't think it'd be almost three months since I even posted last, but let's face it, my interest in Legends is shot. :lol: I did watch the Legends episodes on '90s Are All That a few days ago, but it didn't really spark any interest, so I'm not sure if I'll really have anything to add to discussions of the show or whatnot.  Either way, I didn't really mean to put off updating people on what I've been up to or where I've been, but here's a few things I've been doing over the last few months:

- Taking prescribed antidepressants to muster up the energy to look for a job among other things
- Getting back into '90s first-person shooters like Doom and Descent, including playing them competitively online
- Keeping my interest in metal alive and well, including reviewing a song every night to build up writing skills
- Attending various career center seminars to help me figure out how to better market myself as a job seeker
- Reconnecting with friends offline and from other places online
- Renewing my enthusiasm for art with a new comic story called Hell Is Other Demons, which I intend to get off the ground for once

A lot of what I've been doing has been art- or music-related when I'm not gaming the night away, so between all those things and having no other way to contact most of you guys, I really haven't kept in touch very well and I'm sorry about that.  I might stick around for a while and check in from time to time, but I'd definitely like to stay in touch with some of you if there's some alternate way to do it.  I have AIM, Skype, Facebook and a deviantART account if any of those are doable.  Just PM me to ask for the Facebook account if you'd prefer to keep in contact that way, but I'll be happy to add you as a contact in any of those places since I'll probably be more active there than here.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Why I fell off the face of the forum
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 03:45:14 PM »
Yeah, we figured your interest in Legends has completely run out, so it's only natural you've grown apart from this place. You seem like you're having a lot of fun gaming and with your other offline stuff though. I don't use AIM, Skype, nor do I have a deviantART account, but I would love to add you on Facebook. So I'll shoot you a PM for that. Glad to see you're doing fine too.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
Re: Why I fell off the face of the forum
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 09:09:56 PM »
Glad to hear from you again, my friend, and glad to hear that you're doing alright. :)

I'm not really comfortable adding people as friends on Facebook unless they're family or personal acquaintances, but I do have a Deviantart account, and I'd be glad to add you to as a friend. I'll send you a PM soon enough.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper