Author Topic: The Cheesiest Legend Story  (Read 3522 times)

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
The Cheesiest Legend Story
« on: July 18, 2006, 09:44:12 AM »
What do you think are the cheesiest Legends stories that Olmec has told? For me, the cheesiest has to be Galileo's Cannonball, especially the part at the end where Olmec says Galileo invented pizza by dropping his cannonballs on two cheese and pepperoni sandwiches. Even Kirk thought that was dumb.

Another one that comes to mind is The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu. When someone (I can't remember who) is being punished by Tokugawa Ieyasu, he asks what the punishment is. The person being punished replies, "I'm grounded for three weeks with no TV?"

What do you think are the dumbest stories?

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 09:48:22 AM »
the mystical spell book. it really pushes chinese steryotypes.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 10:46:53 AM »
The Plumed Headdress of Cosarara

&

The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba

Offline Frogger49

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 11:09:28 AM »
Maybe the Snowcone of Mount Kilmanjaro in Season 3.  Yes, the mountain is snowcapped, but they made it sound like it was a tasty treat.

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 11:28:50 AM »
I never saw the actual Legend, but I'm guessing the Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus was pretty stupid.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 01:47:08 PM »
I didn't think the Legend was that cheesy (Nostradamus). It was about how the Queen of France lost her dog & Nostradamus (a psychic) told her to look in the woods & the dog leash was floating or whatever. That was all from memory, so I forgot some parts.

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 03:05:25 PM »
Its so obvious that the prop department found a novelty levitating dog leash, and then wrote the entire legend around it.

Offline Blue Barracuda

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 04:19:56 PM »
Actually, the story behind Nostradamous being a psycidc and astronemer is a real legend.

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 04:44:50 PM »
He was an astrologist. Not an astronomer. He studied the stars for fortune-telling purposes, not for scientific.

But then again, the actual deeds of Nostradamus have been exaggerated and altered depending on the source. And when has the Legends crew ever really strived for accuracy, anyways?

I just wished they picked something else for the artifact.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 05:18:06 PM »
The Golden Pepperoni of Catharine de'Medici (featuring none other than The Great Linguini) comes to mind as a dumb story. Do you expect me to believe that Catharine de'Medici, the Queen of France, had nightmares about her new castle because she ate too much pepperoni, and she tore the castle down because somebody named after pasta told her she would be tormented by nightmares? I think sometimes the writers thought they were funny, when in reality, they weren't. (especially in season three)

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 05:59:43 PM »
I gotta agree, the Golden Pepperoni Story was pretty lame, but i'm still sticking with my above post on the two lamest legends that have been featured on the show.

Personally, i don't really like artifacts that have nothing to do with the stories either. "The Lucky Medallion of Atocha" comes to mind in this instance.... I don't even know what Atocha is because it wasn't even mentioned in the story...

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 09:49:56 PM »
Quote from: ""outer space""
the mystical spell book. it really pushes chinese steryotypes.

The young maidens Wingding and Ringling.  Say no more.

Another bad Chinese one is "The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl".  If the Empress was going to kill the English guy, then why did she give him a pearl in the first place?

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 02:31:26 AM »
The young maidens Wingding and Ringling.  Say no more.

Another bad Chinese one is "The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl".  If the Empress was going to kill the English guy, then why did she give him a pearl in the first place?

Because she was tricking him into thinking she wasn't going to attack him.

Offline Turbo Barracuda

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 03:27:20 AM »
The lost seal of ivan the terrible was pretty bad because ivan was never kind, as a kid he threw his cat out his window

Offline Turbo Barracuda

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 03:27:31 AM »
wat do u think?