Author Topic: College Life  (Read 10106 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
College Life
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 07:30:19 PM »
That's a sign of everyone around you maturing, dude. :wink:

That's advice I'd totally take, though.  I'm looking at having many more activities in college than I ever did in high school.  And since I have such a spread between my classes (time-wise I mean) and I don't expect the classes to be that much harder than the ones I took in high school, I should be able to do that with any luck.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
College Life
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 07:38:04 PM »
Quote from: ""The Ancient Warrior""
That's a sign of everyone around you maturing, dude. :wink:

That's advice I'd totally take, though.  I'm looking at having many more activities in college than I ever did in high school.  And since I have such a spread between my classes (time-wise I mean) and I don't expect the classes to be that much harder than the ones I took in high school, I should be able to do that with any luck.

So this thing called maturity is part of college life?

Hey, being in exile from college for ten months and isolating yourself from all that college bo-he-je-bie is a little frightening. I have experienced the college life for about to two months, but then something really bad happened, that I decided to drop out and not live in a dormitory anymore, only to live and commute from home.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
College Life
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 07:43:09 PM »
I guess you could say I'm taking a crash course in all that, then.  It's not exactly an easy commute. :lol:

I'm hoping to learn more about time management and how to take care of myself in the process, too.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
College Life
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 07:49:31 PM »
I guess you could say I'm taking a crash course in all that, then.  It's not exactly an easy commute. :lol:

I'm hoping to learn more about time management and how to take care of myself in the process, too.

Well I'm not really in the feeling to do more activities for now or join a lot of clubs. Maybe visit them and see how it all works out. I wouldn't take a chance at the fraternities, although I do understand that there are certain orders that are more community-based, college major focused, or even yet, don't have their own douchebags living under one roof(house).
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
College Life
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 07:51:01 PM »

Same here. Nobody's there to tell you to eat your green beans or to floss your teeth every night-you have to do all that yourself.

As for me, I've never been much of a sociable person, so I'm trying to come out of my shell in college. I've already signed up for both the dorm poker tournament on Friday and the school's talent contest next month. I hope I'm not stretching myself too thin.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
College Life
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 07:56:03 PM »
Quote from: ""The Bandit King""
Same here. Nobody's there to tell you to eat your green beans or to floss your teeth every night-you have to do all that yourself.

As for me, I've never been much of a sociable person, so I'm trying to come out of my shell in college. I've already signed up for both the dorm poker tournament on Friday and the school's talent contest next month. I hope I'm not stretching myself too thin.

Well I'm still not sociable or talkative because I have difficult times with talking.

Talking is one of the many forms of communication and sometimes I really can't structure what I'm about to say that comes out of my mouth. One of my "friends" recommend that I take a speech class, but I feel that I really don't need it.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
College Life
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 10:44:47 PM »
Here, we have to take a public speaking class as part of our general education requirements. Is there no equivalent for you, Toltendo? It may be a good idea anyway.

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
College Life
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 11:27:41 PM »
Quote from: ""Toltendo""
Hey, being in exile from college for ten months and isolating yourself from all that college bo-he-je-bie is a little frightening. I have experienced the college life for about to two months, but then something really bad happened, that I decided to drop out and not live in a dormitory anymore, only to live and commute from home.

Have fun with the Bay Area Reckless Transit. :lol:

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas
Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
College Life
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2009, 11:30:04 PM »
Quote from: ""The Bamboo Forest""

Have fun with the Bay Area Reckless Transit. :lol:

I prefer to call it the Bad-Ass Rocket Train.

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
College Life
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2009, 11:34:26 PM »
Rocket trains take 15 minutes before launch? :P

College is going well for me. The guys to the left of my dorm are cool; they're also freshmen. My roomate's a sophomore, while the guys on my right...well, I don't know how many years they've been here because they suck. lol

Still, it gets rather quiet up here. Oh well...

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas
Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
College Life
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2009, 08:52:40 AM »
Quote from: ""The Bamboo Forest""
Rocket trains take 15 minutes before launch? :P

But at least the Bad-Ass Rocket Trains leave on-time. One cannot say the same for other Bay Area transit systems.

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
College Life
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2009, 05:45:49 PM »
This is one of the worst times I've ever been to school at a CSU. Furloughs will be occurring, classes are absolutely full, people crashing into classes that people have found to have a couple seats left. You watch it as well Ed, so far, I only got into one class with 3 units.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
College Life
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2009, 07:44:36 PM »
Doing great already.  My roommate, Masanori, is pretty nice.  Made some friends with the guys at the end of the hall, Ben and Nils.  Cool part is that Ben plays guitar and Nils plays bass, so if we can find a drummer, I'm good enough as a vocalist and we all work well together, we got a band idea going... and classes haven't even started yet.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
College Life
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2009, 08:53:24 PM »
This is one of the worst times I've ever been to school at a CSU. Furloughs will be occurring, classes are absolutely full, people crashing into classes that people have found to have a couple seats left. You watch it as well Ed, so far, I only got into one class with 3 units.

Crashing is a pillar of every single quarter here. I've already got 18 units, but most of them were from getting off waitlists, so I'm really lucky. It will be an interesting year indeed.

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
College Life
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2009, 10:53:47 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about textbooks. The Consumerist has an interesting article about shopping for textbooks. I recommend that you read some of the comments, as I see that they seem more significant to understand.

http://consumerist.com/5347103/college-textbooks-shop-around-ask-your-professors-and-save