Poll

Which team dominated every round more?

Purple Parrots
0 (0%)
Blue Barracudas
5 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Which team dominated more: Purple Parrots or Blue Barracudas?  (Read 498 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
A lot of people here think that only the Purple Parrots featured teams that dominated every round just to get to the temple. While they did make it to the temple 6/11 times with 2 pendants, AND featured a lot of strong teams, I feel like the Blue Barracudas had even stronger teams. I mean, they went to the temple with 2 pendants 11/19 temple appearances, which is a MUCH better ratio than the Purple Parrots.

Here are some of the strongest Purple Parrot teams:
The Oracle Bowl of Deplhi
The Leopard Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley
The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid (most obvious example, since they won)
The Milk Bucket of Freydis (also won)
The Upside Down Compass of Henry Hudson

And here are some of the strongest Blue Barracuda teams:
John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine (won)
The Belly Button of Buddha (Also won)
The Diary of Dr. Livingstone (Also won)
The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor (Even though they had 1 pendant, John and Missy were strong pre temple)
The Mask in the Man in the Iron Mask
The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley
The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu

As you can see, the Blue Barracudas dominated more pre temple rounds than the Purple Parrots. While everyone seems to think the Purple Parrots were the only ones to dominate, that's false. Don't get me wrong, I still stand by my Parrots, but I just think people are off base to say "How many other teams can say we dominated every round and still lost?" What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:40:02 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Re: Which team dominated more: Purple Parrots or Blue Barracudas?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 04:05:25 PM »
I've always found the Blue Barracudas better in the Legends food chain

:monkeys2: > :jaguars2: > :snakes2: > :barracudas2: > :iguanas2: > :parrots2: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>50 pounds of shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>John & Tia  :P

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 04:54:38 PM »
I have to say the Blue Barracudas were a stronger team too. Even in Season 3 when they didn't have any wins, all of their runs (minus Mummified Hand) were 2 Pendant runs. They also had a lot of temple game sweeps - Hans Holbein, Livingstone, Iron Mask, and Ivory Elephant are ones that come to mind. And all of their temple wins except for "Geronimo" had their respective Blue Barracuda team dominate the earlier rounds.

I have a hard time finding a bad Blue Barracuda run. The ones that come to mind aren't anywhere near of a disaster that other  may teams have:
Amelia Earhart - Kristen sucked, but they had a hard layout and still finished one room away.
Jean Lafitte - Meh, nothing good to say about this one. It was probably the worse Barracuda run after Stone Head.
Stone Head - Tony failed pretty bad in Medusa's Lair. Although in his defense, four snakes was pretty brutal for a team to assemble. And this team still swept the temple games before the temple.
Mysterious Manuscript - Kate and Larry really should've done better, but Larry couldn't get it together in the Shrine.

The Purple Parrots were good also, taking into account all of their temple appearances. 7/11 of their temple appearances were two pendant runs. That was a very good accomplishment for such little temple appearances. The Silver Snakes have like 5 two pendant runs over 20+ temple appearances? And the Purple Parrots had bad luck with tiebreakers:

Attila the Hun
Golden Jaguar
Annie Taylor
Butch Cassidy
Enormous Feather
Emiliano Zapata
Nostradamus

These are all of the tiebreaker losses from the top of my head. So it's not like they were a lost cause or anything. They came close to going to the temple, but came up short quite a few times.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:55:28 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 06:08:41 PM »
The Parrots had 6/11 2 pendant appearances. Reread the OP. Also, Xerxes was another tiebreaker loss. ;)

It's funny you should mention the Parrot tiebreaker losses. While the Parrots had REALLY bad luck with the tiebreaker pedestal, the Barracudas had excellent luck there. They won 4/5 tiebreaks, 2/4 which were automatic wins because the teams screwed up.

Blue Barracuda tiebreakers:
The Treasure Map of Jean Lafitte (Won automatically)
The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa
The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin (Also won because the other team choked)
The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza (Only tiebreaker they lost, on the last filming day no less)

Now why couldn't that be the Purple Parrots? Who only won 1/9 tiebreakers. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 11:24:58 PM »
Although Lacey and Asher got pretty lucky with their tiebreaker question. One thing, their answer might've not been accepted in earlier seasons when the producers were more picky about the answers given. But yeah, the Barracudas literally lost it on the last production day.

Also, I went and check and the Silver Snakes only had 5 two pendant runs over 21 temple appearances:

Sir Edmund Hillary (temple game sweep, reached artifact, failed escape)
Benzibab (won in the temple)
Poseidon (reached artifact, failed escape :roll:)
 :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: (won in the temple  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: )
Lost Hammer (don't ask  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: )

While the Parrots had 10 less temple run appearances than them, they still had a higher two pendant count. In addition, the Purple Parrots had more temple game sweeps than the Silver Snakes. So the Silver Snakes really didn't have that many great temple runs. A lot of their temple runs rank pretty low on plenty of lists too:

Snow Cone
Golden Cricket Cage
Nathan Hale
Lost Hammer

So yeah, the Silver Snakes really weren't that great. They do have a bunch of wins though, which saves them from being the worst team. I say the Jaguars or Iguanas are the worst team.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 01:00:12 AM »
But you love the Jaguars. :o :mrred:

But yeah, the Silver Snakes had some clunker temple runs too. And while they DID feature some strong players, they only had 5 temple runs where the Silver Snakes took 2 pendants to the temple. Now that I think of it, the Orange Iguanas and the Green Monkeys had a lot of temple appearances. And a handful of them dominated all the rounds too.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 02:24:49 PM »
Honestly, out of all their 20 temple run appearances, only like 3 or 4 episodes Red Jaguar are actually decent. Genghis Khan, Montezuma, Two-Cornered Hat, and Catherine the Great. The rest are average or just sucked.

I have to say the Green Monkeys were the most dominant team overall. Look at some of these temple appearances:

Ponce de Leon and the Lost Fountain of Youth (First in Steps, two pendant temple games, and came very close in a center of the temple from the bottom)
The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata (first in the Steps, first in the moat, strong temple game performance, won temple run)
The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror (swept the temple games and came close to a central of the room win)
The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
The Mystical Spell Book of the Imperial Wizard (first in the moat, temple game sweep, made it one room away with hard layout.)
The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain (the Purple Parrot team they beat was also very strong and best temple win on the show.)
The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd (strong temple performance)
The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible (very strong pre temple performance and best losing team on the show)
The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza (Lacey and Asher did pretty good before the temple and the temple run wasn't that simple)
The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie (First in the Steps, temple game sweep, and almost pulled a bottom of the central shaft victory)

The Green Monkeys owned, especially in Season 3.

The Orange Iguanas were pretty strong too:
Wild Bill Hickok and the Dead Man's Hand (for one of the first teams on the show, they almost swept the temple games, came first in the Steps, and would've had more success if their temple run didn't have a crappy layout.)
The Golden Chains of Zenobia (swept the temple games and pretty strong pre temple run)
The Golden Stallion of Ali Baba (first in the moat, first in the Steps, two pendant temple games, and lost with a potential production error)
The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed (first in the moat, first in the Steps, won two pendants, almost pulled off a victory)
The Lucky Medallion of Atocha (good performance before the temple and one of the best solo wins on the show)
The Bonnet of Dolley Madison (aside from the Steps, they were a very solid team throughout)
The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean (strong pre-temple performance, but Kelli brings the temple run down)

Both have strong teams, but I would take the Green Monkeys.  :mrgreen:  :monkeys2:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:26:00 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 02:41:03 PM »
Then isn't it time to change your name if you hate the Jaguars so much? ;)

But yeah, very rarely did they have their act together. And their temple runs AND episodes are always my least favorite. A few notes about the Green Monkeys though. First of all, the Green Monkeys in Spellbook did NOT come in first in the moat. They were second in the moat, steps, but swept the temple games. The Lion-Headed Bracelet team weren't really that dominant pre temple, as good as Andrea was in the temple.

As for the Orange Iguanas, the Dead Man's Hand team did not sweep the temple games. Though their pendant score should've been 2-0.5, instead of the 2-1 that was counted. I agree about the rest though. As often as they made it to the temple, they had by far the worst lose/win ratio. I guess that's what you get for trying to dominate all the time.

As for this poll, it looks like the Blue Barracudas are getting landslide votes. Since they WERE more dominate pre temple rounds than the Purple Parrots.