Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 25178 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2012, 12:59:36 AM »
Is it possible to make it to mini-boss without the Boomerang?  :shock: I thought you needed the Boomerang to get past those colored tentacles before fighting that giant Octorok. I haven't played in a while though, so I don't remember. But I remember the Deku Stick being more powerful than the sword when it came to that boss.  :lol:

And since PPF brought up the bottles, I felt that I needed to fix some loose ends up before completing Jabu-Jabu. I wanted to complete some sidequests like Epona's Song and collect a couple of the bottles. The Cucco game in Lon Lon Ranch didn't give me a hard time for once. But I swear I wasted an hour trying to get the Cuccos in Kakariko Village to Anju. It took me a long time to reach the Cuccos by the potion shop. And there was one all the way by the Windmill.

And I have seven hearts at the moment. I feel like I am missing a lot though because I remember I had 9 or 10 when entering Jabu-Jabu. I know I need to collect a few in Market Town and there is a couple in the Graveyard too. I guess I will get those after beating Jabu-Jabu though.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2012, 01:13:53 AM »
I guess so, I was still allowed access to the mini boss sans Boomerang. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, where do you even go to get the Boomerang? I tried looking for it, but I have no idea where I'm going. If it's any consolation, at least I got rid of Ruto sooner by completing the mini boss early. I just hope going out of a sequence once again was normal. :|

And I currently have 6 hearts at the moment. And I'm already halfway done completing another heart container. I've already been to 2 different fairy fountains, where I got the Farore's (sp?) Wind and Din's fire. And I got two different jars. One from Lon Lon (I won the game on my second attempt), and one from the bottom of Hylia Lake after getting the scale. And I learned Sun Sun and Epona's song all before going to Jabu Jabu. I think I've finally caught up to you, TRJ. :mrred:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 01:20:23 AM »
You get the Boomerang in one of the rooms that is full of those flying Stingray enemies. When you defeat them, then you get the Boomerang. As for Ruto, I am pretty sure you need her help to push a switch near the Boomerang. But since you already defeat the mini-boss, I don't think there is a need to do that now.

And crap, I totally forgot about Farore's Wind also. :o Luckily that is in the same area as Jabu-Jabu is. But I want to get the two Heart Pieces from the Graveyard first. One of them is from the Grave Digging Tour, where you have to have the Graveyard keeper dig up the soil to find it. The second one is in an unmarked grave with a ReDead in it. Getting these two should get me two hearts.

And PPF, two things of note:

1. The Sun Sun? :mrred:

2. I have three jars at the moment, so you are still slacking behind. j/k :mrred:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2012, 01:22:04 AM »
And speaking of the jars/bottles, has anyone ever collected all four of them? The fourth one you get as an adult where you must collect all the Big Poes from Hyrule Field. I never got all 10 of the Big Poes as it was just too tedious and time consuming to try and get. It wasn't worth it for a lousy bottle when I already had three. But this time I am striving for completion.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2012, 01:22:51 AM »
On my way to the top of Death Mountain to find the Great Fairy.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2012, 01:39:36 AM »
What were they thinking when they made those Great Fairies? Their titties are so sharp that they could poke an eye out.  :roll:

I am trying that stupid Treasure Chest game in Market Town, but I can't seem to win for jack.  :? I don't know how I ever won it the first time. The best I can get up to is the third room before getting the wrong treasure chest. I managed to get a Slingshot upgrade though from the Shooting Gallery with no problem.  :mrred:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2012, 01:51:10 AM »
You get the Boomerang in one of the rooms that is full of those flying Stingray enemies. When you defeat them, then you get the Boomerang. As for Ruto, I am pretty sure you need her help to push a switch near the Boomerang. But since you already defeat the mini-boss, I don't think there is a need to do that now.
I'll do my best to look for it then. It's so easy to get lost in a Dungeon like Jabu Jabu, so it might take a while finding it. :roll:

And crap, I totally forgot about Farore's Wind also. :o Luckily that is in the same area as Jabu-Jabu is. But I want to get the two Heart Pieces from the Graveyard first. One of them is from the Grave Digging Tour, where you have to have the Graveyard keeper dig up the soil to find it. The second one is in an unmarked grave with a ReDead in it. Getting these two should get me two hearts.
Farore's Wind is totally useless though. Maybe it's just me, but I could never for the life of me get it to work. There is another place to get a heart piece, and it's at the top near the graveyard where you crash into a box. I hope you know where I'm talking about.

2. I have three jars at the moment, so you are still slacking behind. j/k :mrred:
1. Sorry, typo on my part. :lol:

2. I do have three jars, sorry I didn't make that more clear. :P

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2012, 01:54:23 AM »
What were they thinking when they made those Great Fairies? Their titties are so sharp that they could poke an eye out.  :roll:

I am trying that stupid Treasure Chest game in Market Town, but I can't seem to win for jack.  :? I don't know how I ever won it the first time. The best I can get up to is the third room before getting the wrong treasure chest. I managed to get a Slingshot upgrade though from the Shooting Gallery with no problem.  :mrred:
Maybe the Lens of Truth could help?
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2012, 01:56:40 AM »
I'll do my best to look for it then. It's so easy to get lost in a Dungeon like Jabu Jabu, so it might take a while finding it. :roll:

Farore's Wind is totally useless though. Maybe it's just me, but I could never for the life of me get it to work. There is another place to get a heart piece, and it's at the top near the graveyard where you crash into a box. I hope you know where I'm talking about.

1. Sorry, typo on my part. :lol:

2. I do have three jars, sorry I didn't make that more clear. :P
You'll need the boomerang eventually to access the boss door.

And yes, Farore's Wind is useless. Din's Fire is the only spell that is useful.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2012, 02:25:03 AM »
And speaking of the jars/bottles, has anyone ever collected all four of them? The fourth one you get as an adult where you must collect all the Big Poes from Hyrule Field. I never got all 10 of the Big Poes as it was just too tedious and time consuming to try and get. It wasn't worth it for a lousy bottle when I already had three. But this time I am striving for completion.
I think last time I replayed this, I tried to get that "Poe in a bottle." But I just gave up because it was too hard. Eventually, I used cheats to get the 4th one.

Seriously! Plus, they look like they're almost completely naked. And they look like drag queens, not a kind of face I would want to look at 24/7. :roll: And I remember the Treasure Chest game, the only way to win it is to use the Lens of Truth.

You'll need the boomerang eventually to access the boss door.

And yes, Farore's Wind is useless. Din's Fire is the only spell that is useful.
I know that, I'm just hoping this "doing things out of sequence" bit doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. I guess I just need to find the right room that gives it to you at the end.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2012, 08:58:53 AM »
I have pulled the Master Sword out. And now......

...Hell will break loose for 7 years. Ganondorf touches the Triforce and it breaks into three. He holds the Triforce of Power in his hand while the Triforce of Wisdom and Courage are scattered somewhere. Volvagia has been reawakened, and Nabooru has been brainwashed. The Gerudo rules the world.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:00:16 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2012, 12:59:27 PM »
Honestly, 2/3 of the magic spells are useless. Farore's Wind is useful if you are saving at a certain point in the dungeon and want to return their later. Except that is usually not a problem anyways because you can open up shortcuts in most dungeons. Din's Fire is pretty good, but I have not found myself using that spell yet. Nayru's Love is too gimmicky and you get it way too late in the game to use it.

And I can't believe you are already an Adult now. I am just entering Jabu-Jabu right now and have not got the Boomerang yet. I guess I need to step my game up now. :mrred:

Aand PPF, I think you need he Boomerang to fight Barinade anyways, so you better get to finding it. ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:00:32 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2012, 12:59:50 PM »
Also...

Bombchu Bowling Alley  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :? :? :? :? :? :?

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2012, 01:37:20 PM »
Also...

Bombchu Bowling Alley  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :? :? :? :? :? :?
Stupid Cuccos! :roll:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2012, 01:41:33 PM »
I'm doing some parts before others right now.

I did some item trading. I've got the Poacher's Saw already.
I went to Goron City to get the Giant's Knife, the Goron Tunic and the Bolero of Fire to save time.
Right now, I've got the Iron Boots and the Serenade of Water. Later, I'm getting the Zora Tunic.

A lot of time saved. Especially since I hate the Ice Cavern. :roll:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:43:22 PM by Red Jaguars Fan »