Author Topic: Rate the Color Combinations (Temple Games Edition) - Purple vs. Silver  (Read 15942 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Color Combinations (Temple Games Edition) - Green vs. Purple
« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2014, 11:32:40 PM »
I gave this pairing a 8 also. This combination was filled with many great episodes that featured some of the best on the show. Episodes like Pirate Captain, Applewood Amulet, Empress Eugenie,  Metal Beard, Trojan Horseshoe, Golden Pepperoni, and Billy the Kid were all great episode. Not to mention, 5 wins came from this combination too! I am not exactly crazy about the two colors being together though. Marble Armrest is the only episode I hate. Only because the Green and Purple shirts were too dark. And it felt like it was used way too much in Season 3 also. But I guess that evens out because it was never even used in Season 1. ;) This was a great combination overall and definitely a highlight for the Purple Parrots. ;)  :mrpurple:

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2014, 11:41:28 PM »
This duo probably has the best overall episode selection.
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Color Combinations (Temple Games Edition) - Green vs. Orange
« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2014, 11:41:56 PM »
I can't believe I forgot to mention Good Luck Watch too. :o That was another good episode too. ;) And this combination is definitely lucky to have 5 wins come from it. That's amazing!

Oh yeah, and here's how I'd change this combination:

:monkeys2: vs. :parrots2:

Episodes it was featured in: (Used in 10 episodes)
The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata (Green wins)
The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba (Green wins)
The Good Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie (Green wins)
The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain (Green wins)
The Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb (Green wins)

The Marble Armrest of Xerxes (Purple wins)
The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid (Purple wins)
The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de' Medici (Purple wins)
The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen (Purple wins)
The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson (Purple wins)

Score: 5-5 Tie!

Another tie, and I think we all know which episode should've had Purple win instead. :lol: This pair was overused in Season 3, probably to make up for its lack of Season 1 appearances. Agree about the colors too, but can't complain about the episode selection. ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:42:40 PM by booyouwhore »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 17, 2014, 12:05:55 AM »
I would've liked to see the Purple Parrots go to the temple in Taj Mahal Turban also. Not that Dean and Chrystine were a bad team, but they were so boring to watch. Although neither team would've won anyways.

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 17, 2014, 12:12:20 AM »

This pair was overused in Season 3, probably to make up for its lack of Season 1 appearances. Agree about the colors too, but can't complain about the episode selection. ;)

That doesn't really make sense, I mean, it's not like the producers hand picked the winning teams.
Top 10 episodes:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 17, 2014, 12:14:54 AM »
I really don't understand that logic at all. Neither team was gonna win, and the Purple Parrots there were completely unimpressive in the temple games. Dean and Chrystine did just fine. They deserved their temple appearance. =/

This is probably as good as these combinations are gonna get. Quite frankly, I'm not looking forward to ANY of the next match ups. Unless you like Green vs. Silver, which was A. another common pair and B. featured some great episodes too. I don't know, are there any combination that you're looking forward to, like.... at all? Because I can't think of even one.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:15:29 AM by booyouwhore »

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 17, 2014, 12:18:08 AM »
There's not very many left anyway. I don't think any of the remaining duos are overly amazing.
Top 10 episodes:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 17, 2014, 12:19:02 AM »

This pair was overused in Season 3, probably to make up for its lack of Season 1 appearances. Agree about the colors too, but can't complain about the episode selection. ;)

That doesn't really make sense, I mean, it's not like the producers hand picked the winning teams.
That's not the point. I'm just saying that some of these teams did NOT deserve to go to the temple. Teams like Alhambra, Blackbeard, Xerxes, Cricket Cage, all should've had different teams advancing instead. All I'm doing is looking at how these pairs/numbers would've turned out if those opposite teams won instead. I don't know, I was just doing this for fun. I never said the producers were in charge of rigging things. And I was gonna do the exact same thing for Orange vs. Purple and Purple vs. Silver. Like I said, this is the last good combination for the entire rest of this thread. We should be bragging about how much we like this pair, and be grateful we don't have any eyesores. Sorry to rant, I just didn't think anyone would mind if I jazzed things up a little, just to have fun with this thread.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 17, 2014, 12:19:46 AM »
Here are the remaining ones:

Green/Silver: The most overused combination ever? At least it has a lot of great episodes associated with it though.
Orange/Purple: The team the Purple Parrots never beat. I see this finishing with a low score.
Orange/Silver: A pretty uncommon combination. Not sure what others think of it.
Purple/Silver: Another interesting one that was not used much. We have some great episodes like Priceless Portrait and Milk Bucket. But then we have Lost Lion Tail and Golden Cricket Cage. :oops: The only time the Purple Parrots don't have a losing streak against a meta.

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 17, 2014, 12:22:26 AM »

That's not the point. I'm just saying that some of these teams did NOT deserve to go to the temple. Teams like Alhambra, Blackbeard, Xerxes, Cricket Cage, all should've had different teams advancing instead. All I'm doing is looking at how these pairs/numbers would've turned out if those opposite teams won instead. I don't know, I was just doing this for fun. I never said the producers were in charge of rigging things. And I was gonna do the exact same thing for Orange vs. Purple and Purple vs. Silver. Like I said, this is the last good combination for the entire rest of this thread. We should be bragging about how much we like this pair, and be grateful we don't have any eyesores. Sorry to rant, I just didn't think anyone would mind if I jazzed things up a little, just to have fun with this thread.

No no I just meant the part about "making up" for past seasons. Because that makes it sound like somebody could somehow control the outcome of the game or something.

I totally agree about certain teams not deserving to make it to the temple. I think you named the ones that immediately come to mind.

And I appreciate the way you present the changes you would make to the results if you were able to. It's really interesting to think about how different things could have gone.
Top 10 episodes:

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2014, 12:23:09 AM »
Here are the remaining ones:

Green/Silver: The most overused combination ever? At least it has a lot of great episodes associated with it though.
Orange/Purple: The team the Purple Parrots never beat. I see this finishing with a low score.
Orange/Silver: A pretty uncommon combination. Not sure what others think of it.
Purple/Silver: Another interesting one that was not used much. We have some great episodes like Priceless Portrait and Milk Bucket. But then we have Lost Lion Tail and Golden Cricket Cage. :oops: The only time the Purple Parrots don't have a losing streak against a meta.

Based off colors alone the best one left to me is Purple vs Silver
Top 10 episodes:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 17, 2014, 12:26:29 AM »

No no I just meant the part about "making up" for past seasons. Because that makes it sound like somebody could somehow control the outcome of the game or something.

I totally agree about certain teams not deserving to make it to the temple. I think you named the ones that immediately come to mind.

And I appreciate the way you present the changes you would make to the results if you were able to. It's really interesting to think about how different things could have gone.
Right, and it's luck of the draw at the end of the day. Same does for the Steps pairs. But Green/Purple not happening in Season 1, and then being overused by Season 3 would be fitting since it was otherwise a rare match up. It's like, Orange lost at the moat 9 our of the 11 Purple Parrot temple episodes, yet Purple never beat Orange at all. It's like karma for the Orange Iguanas in that sense.

Either way, anything else anyone would like to add for Green vs. Purple? ;)

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 17, 2014, 12:28:22 AM »

Right, and it's luck of the draw at the end of the day. Same does for the Steps pairs. But Green/Purple not happening in Season 1, and then being overused by Season 3 would be fitting since it was otherwise a rare match up. It's like, Orange lost at the moat 9 our of the 11 Purple Parrot temple episodes, yet Purple never beat Orange at all. It's like karma for the Orange Iguanas in that sense.

Either way, anything else anyone would like to add for Green vs. Purple? ;)

Love this combo a lot. This and Blue vs Purple are the best two IMO
Top 10 episodes:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 17, 2014, 01:10:30 AM »
Yeah, those are also my two favorite combinations.

These would be my Top 3 favorite temple game pairs:
Blue vs. Purple
Green vs. Purple
Blue vs. Green

Obviously, any combination of Blue/Green/Purple is a great pair to me. What would be you guys' Top 3 favorite pairs? ;)

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 17, 2014, 01:19:03 AM »
I probably actually have the same top 3.
Top 10 episodes: