Author Topic: Rate the Failed Escape run - Day 17: Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl  (Read 7391 times)

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Failed Escape run - Day 12: The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2013, 05:08:02 AM »
I like both players of this run and this run was a good one, so im giving it an 8!

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2013, 08:25:16 AM »
Johnny Appleseed gets a 7 from me. Even though this temple run is identical to "Sir Edmund Hillary" almost (which I gave an 8 ), I had to give this loss a lower score. It was a pretty exciting loss as far as Orange Iguanas run goes, but I have seen this run many times so it has kind of worn off on me. The ending of this run was exciting and did come down to the wire, but they really should've won. Too much hesitations on both players parts, Angela stalling too much in the Pit, and her not so great exit plan caused this Orange Iguana team to come up short. Not to mention, the Mine Shaft elevator ate some time too. It was an exciting loss, but this temple run is kind of forgettable IMO and the players hesitances wasted a litte too much time for them.

The Mineshaft being slow should not be counted against Angela. The elevator was just as slow for everyone, and their path forced them to enter that extra room. It isn't like Angela could have gone directly into the Viper's Nest, but instead went down into the Mineshaft by her own free will. Had this team been lucky enough to have a path identical to "Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata," this run would have definitely been a win; they were just unfortunate enough to be forced to enter that extra room.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2013, 10:30:58 AM »
Am I the only one truly impressed with this run? I thought it was an exciting and fun loss to watch! Both players were great. I gave this run a 9.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2013, 10:45:28 AM »
Johnny Appleseed gets a 7 from me. Even though this temple run is identical to "Sir Edmund Hillary" almost (which I gave an 8 ), I had to give this loss a lower score. It was a pretty exciting loss as far as Orange Iguanas run goes, but I have seen this run many times so it has kind of worn off on me. The ending of this run was exciting and did come down to the wire, but they really should've won. Too much hesitations on both players parts, Angela stalling too much in the Pit, and her not so great exit plan caused this Orange Iguana team to come up short. Not to mention, the Mine Shaft elevator ate some time too. It was an exciting loss, but this temple run is kind of forgettable IMO and the players hesitances wasted a litte too much time for them.

The Mineshaft being slow should not be counted against Angela. The elevator was just as slow for everyone, and their path forced them to enter that extra room. It isn't like Angela could have gone directly into the Viper's Nest, but instead went down into the Mineshaft by her own free will. Had this team been lucky enough to have a path identical to "Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata," this run would have definitely been a win; they were just unfortunate enough to be forced to enter that extra room.

I wasn't trying to hold the Mine Shaft elevator against either player. ;) I only mentioned it because it unfortunately ate up some time for the team when they could've used that time to reach temple gates. It definitely wasn't their fault that they were forced to take the elevator. The hesistances in the Pit earlier could've been prevented though. Still a close loss and good effort either way.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2013, 04:18:36 PM »
Am I the only one truly impressed with this run? I thought it was an exciting and fun loss to watch! Both players were great. I gave this run a 9.

Don't worry, you're not alone. I say 9.

BTW, I made a new rate the thread. Check it out ;)

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2013, 01:04:37 AM »
This poll is waaaaaaay overdue to be updated. >_<

Johnny Appleseed finishes with a 7.75. "The Treasure of Anne Bonny" comes next.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Failed Escape run - Day 13: The Treasure of Anne Bonny
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2013, 01:27:46 AM »
Anne Bonny gets a 5 from me. This temple loss is an embarassment to the Red Jaguars.  :oops: Fred didn't last long in temple, but it was long enough to tell us that she was pretty good and fast. Ron was a moron though and he is the one that screwed this run up. He was slow from the moment he stepped foot in the temple. Even after grabbing the artifact with about 50 seconds on the clock, he still can't bring it out in time. He takes the worst way out of the temple and doesn't even attempt to speed up at all. What a loser. This would've been win if Ron went in first and Fred went in second.  :? Screw Ron.  :roll: :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2013, 01:30:46 AM »
I am kind of confused on Johnny Appleseed's final score also. There were five votes: 7 (me and you), 8 (SGLegendsfan), and 9 (PP319 and GM1). Shouldn't that make the final score 8.0?  :?:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2013, 02:18:04 AM »
Alright, I'll count GM1's vote. So Johnny Appleseed does finish with a 8.00 average.

As for Anne Bonny, it gets a 5. For the same reasons TRJ stated.

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2013, 05:11:30 AM »
I am giving it a 3. This run was a red jaguar one only because of 'Fred'. Ron's bad exit plan and his unfair game play makes me dislike this run.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2013, 07:35:25 AM »
I also gave it a 3. This should have been a win, but Ron screwed everything up badly. He did not put up a very good effort in the temple.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2013, 08:10:45 AM »
I'll say 4, Cheater Ron just had to go down the central shaft  :roll:

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2013, 01:28:42 PM »
Kind of off-topic, but if this run had been a win, what score would you guys give it? Use whatever judgment you want. Whether it be if Ron took the bridge or didn't, what score would it receive? I'll do both.

Had Ron taken the bridge and won, this run might've gotten a 6 from me.

Had he ignored it and still won despite taking the long way, I'd probably give it a 4 or 5. I want to give it a 4.5 in this case, but since I round up, it would be a 5.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2013, 01:51:38 PM »
I would've probably given it a 6 also. It would pretty much be on par with Davy Crockett and Snake Bracelet from the same day, except that I probably would've found it slightly better than those two. But it would be nothing special either way if it ended in a win. Ron was slow and dumb even before he reached the artifact. Not to mention, he never really completed the Treasury objective...

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2013, 04:15:55 PM »
Unless Katherine/Fred went second or Ron hadn't blown it at the end, I don't see myself being impressed with the win at all. I'd probably give it a 5 or 6, otherwise I wouldn't find it that exciting.