Author Topic: Eww I Start High School Next Year  (Read 12644 times)

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Eww I Start High School Next Year
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2008, 10:29:40 AM »
This first week of 12th grade has been rather lame.

Eh, I'll give it a month.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2008, 08:13:10 PM »
I have until August 26th until I start my senior year. Summer goes by too fast.... -_-

« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2008, 12:39:24 PM »
My first day of 9th grade was boring. Everyone was boring. I can't wait until 11th grade because when you're in 11th grade you can ride around town during lunch. That's the only good thing about having a school "in the 'hood". Seriously, the surrounding areas of the place look a little werid. Nobody knows if we can have school tommrow because of the Hurricane/Tropical Storm/whatever Fay, so I have to watch the news (:shock:) instead of Legends tonight. Boo.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2008, 03:23:59 PM »
My cousin started school today (her first day of 4th grade), and she turns 10 years old tomorrow. Hopefully she'll have a fun birthday, and stay out of "Hurricane" Fay's way. :P

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2008, 08:40:47 AM »
We had school today despite Fay being around. School's still boring, everyone seems weird or mean. I have a bunch of Geometry homework I should probably be doing right now.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2008, 11:17:10 AM »
Geometry....ick. I just barely passed that class. I don't even wanna know how bad Algebra II is gonna be. *shudders*

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2008, 12:42:20 PM »
Quote from: ""Purple Parrots Fan""
Geometry....ick. I just barely passed that class. I don't even wanna know how bad Algebra II is gonna be. *shudders*

Geometry was a catastrophe, I ended up having a 90 or so for the year because of all the fucking making up work I ended up doing for that class, but I didn't learn a single thing.

My Algebra 2 teacher can not teach at all.

Seriously, some things never change, math is still hell.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2008, 03:05:59 PM »
My Algebra I teacher couldn't teach at all (well, he couldn't teach me) so I'm a little confused about Geometry Honours. Meh, I'll just ask one of my friends to help me out with it. Of course, all of my friends go to a different school. 2 days of school and I'm not liking HS too much. The campus is pretty, the teachers and staff are nice, it's just the rest of the Freshmen are mean. Like, one started writing various vulgarities on my desk today (wtf? wtf did I do?). The only people I get along with are the upperclassmen in my electives. Hell, I'm making fun of freshmen with them, and I'm one myself.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2008, 10:56:31 AM »
Ick....sorry your classmates are giving you a hard time. It's so pathetic and ridiculous that people have to pick on others just to be cool. I went through that, (classmates treating me like shit), and it sucks. At least you get along with the upperclassmen though, they're always the most mature.

« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2008, 01:26:56 PM »
At least I'll be able to get my work done if I don't have anyone to talk to. School's been getting a little better, but now I'm feeling a lot of jealously towards my friends at their HS because they're all having fun togather. Eh, lately I've been telling myself "If I wasn't here, I wouldn't have..." kinda things.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2008, 02:58:17 PM »
Quote from: ""silvermonkeypieces""
At least I'll be able to get my work done if I don't have anyone to talk to. School's been getting a little better, but now I'm feeling a lot of jealously towards my friends at their HS because they're all having fun togather. Eh, lately I've been telling myself "If I wasn't here, I wouldn't have..." kinda things.

You know what they say: "the grass is always greener on the other side." They might envy your situation as much as you theirs.

« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2008, 03:45:15 PM »
My other friends don't like their school. I think it's because we all loved our middle school so much.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2008, 03:48:13 PM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
Quote from: ""silvermonkeypieces""

You know what they say: "the grass is always greener on the other side." They might envy your situation as much as they yours.

Somebody's been watching too much "As Told by Ginger"  :wink:

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2008, 12:29:13 PM »
Florida has this lovely end of the year test called the FCAT. It tests you on things you learned that year. If you do not pass the FCAT, more likely than not, you'll get held back. I'm in 9th grade. Naturally, Florida will give me the 9th grade math test (Algebra). However, I am studying 10th grade math (Geometry). So, no matter how hard I try, no matter how good of a grade I get in Geometry, I am set up for failure because I have to take a test based on things I haven't seen in a long time (and failed when I did study it). Uh oh.

« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2008, 07:23:56 PM »
My first year of high school hasn't been treating me that well.  Last week I tried to transfer out of a class because I couldn't afford it.  I knew it was later in the year and I was wondering if they would let me but I was pretty sure they would since I couldn't afford it.  So I talked to the counselors but they sent me to the main office because they said they didn't do class transfers.  So what do they do?  Anyways, I had to talk to my assistant principal about changing classes and I tell him my story, and he could've cared less.  He just said find a class.  No suggestions, didn't say anything else.  And every class I looked for, was either too full or would hurt my grade if I went in right now.  So now I have to find some way to afford for my class because the people who run this school could really care less if you're poor or not.