Author Topic: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes  (Read 8883 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2012, 06:52:04 PM »
Here is another thing I wanted to bring up even though some might already know about it:

These images are from "The Treasure of Anne Bonny". Cheater/Ron never completed the Treasury of the Golden Orbs objective at all. He never tries to touch an orb at all in the room and all he does is try the supposedly inactive actuator to the Shrine. The weird part is that after the Cheater tries pressing the Shrine actuator, the camera cuts to Fred and Kirk and then all of a sudden we hear a noise and the Cheater is in the Shrine. And to further prove that Ron never touched an orb, the bottom images show that none of the Golden Orbs switched places and none of them are on the pedestals. I wonder how that happened?

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »
Ackward, as is this next photo

The Actuator is still there? but why?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:58:22 PM by thechamberofsacredmarkers »

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2012, 07:02:05 PM »
You can see that throughout season two and three. For whatever reason, the producers just left the actuators in certain rooms intact but they were inactive and never worked. Rooms like King's Storeroom, Medusa's Lair, Room of the Mandarin Hand, and Jester's Court (Season 2 version) kept the actuators in the room even though they had no uses. And this did throw some contestants off sometimes.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2012, 11:02:33 PM »
Yeah, the actuators were still present in Season Two, even if they were inactive. In Season Three, they replaced the actuators with metal plates because the rooms all had objectives that opened the next sequence of doors (except for the Ledges and the Quicksand Bog/Shrine which still used actuators).

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2012, 01:04:10 AM »
There was also an actuator next to the door leading to the Quicksand Bog from the Room of the Secret Password. However, I am pretty sure the actuator was inactive so I don't know why it was there in the first place.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2012, 09:40:36 AM »
There was also an actuator next to the door leading to the Quicksand Bog from the Room of the Secret Password. However, I am pretty sure the actuator was inactive so I don't know why it was there in the first place.

It's interesting that you mention that, because I always knew it was there, but I thought that the actuator was used to open up the cabinets.

During the temple overview in Season Three, you can clearly see that the actuator is there:

But in "The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean," it is clear that Kelli physically opens the cabinets with her hands... What's funny is that I've owned this episode on VHS forever and I've seen it so many times, yet I never realized that.

Photos courtesy video posted by OlmecFan25 on youtube.com.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2012, 05:28:57 PM »
The funny thing too about the actuator being there is that it wasn't there before in season one or two. My only guess on why it was there though because there was an actuator on the other side of the door for contestants to use when entering the Secret Password from the Quicksand Bog.

I always thought it was funny to how the doors from the Pit to to the two entrance rooms had actuators next to them also. I don't recall any contestant trying to use those actuators though.  :o

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2012, 11:20:47 PM »
I couldn't get a good shot of it, but in the "Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen," when Randy traverses up the slide to the Room of the Secret Password, she pushes the door open with her hands. So I don't think that there was an actuator on the door as you've described. The actuator seems to only be on the one side of the door, but I haven't been able to think of any purpose for it.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2012, 12:17:40 AM »
Interesting... I rewatched the run again and it does look like Randy pushed the door open with her hands. I never noticed that detail before or maybe I just wasn't paying attention to it. It looks like Kimberly from "The Broken Trident of Poseidon" did very same thing too with the door. I am going to check the "Benzibab" and "Bandit Queen" run again to see if Kevin and Zac do the same thing.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2012, 09:57:32 AM »
The "Secret Map of the Bandit Queen" didn't show Zac's entry to the Secret Password; the door had already been opened by the time that the camera cut from the slide to the Room of the Secret Password. However, in the "Ruby Earring," it is clear that Kevin uses his hands to push the door open, just like Kimberly and Randy did for their respective runs.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2012, 12:58:27 PM »
Did you check "The Bullet Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd"?

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2012, 01:39:19 PM »
The camera was still on the slide view when the Secret Password door opened in "Belle Boyd," just like in "Secret Map of the Bandit Queen."

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »
For my next set of pictures, I present to you the biggest cheaters on Legends!

"The Treasure of Anne Bonny" - Ron

In this moat, the contestants had to cross it by swimming through a chain of rings/inner tubes. They actually had to be completely on the inner tubes while crossing the moat. However, Ron cheated by basically swimming along side of the inner tubes and it is so obvious that he is not doing it the right way that I am not sure why the spotters didn't send him back. Because of this, he potentially screwed another team out of a spot for the Steps of Knowledge. Definitely the worst cheater out of this list.

"The Snow Cone of Mt. Kilimanjaro" - Heather

When Heather enters the Dark Forest, she attempts to climb up into the Shrine but the cabinet door to the top of the Shrine was locked. Many people think this might have been a production, but it was obvious that Heather forced the door open with her hands. She doesn't even try to use the key to the Shrine at all. Luckily the Shrine door didn't open at the top. And even if it did, its not like this team would've won anyways because they were a lost cause. :roll:

"The Smashed Printing Plate of Frederick Douglass" - Jason

In the "cross the Underground Railroad" temple game, the teams had to cross the path by jumping on a series of poles in order to reach the other side. If the pole touched the ground, they would have to start over again. Jason of the Red Jaguars tried jumping to the second pole when he clearly was suppose to follow the path pole by pole. Luckily, it was the wrong pole anyways and Dana won it fair and square. But still, way to make the Jaguars look bad... again. :roll:

"The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce" - Jeremy

This one is probably the most "famous" as it was the one that was actually called out by Kirk. Anyways, the objective of the game was for the contestants to reach the top by jumping through the holes in the net. Jeremy of the Green Monkeys jumped through a different opening though that was not meant to be used as the route to the top. Kirk caught him though and he was forced to go back down again. Out of all the cheaters mentioned in this post, this one I find the most forgiving as I think it was just an honest mistake.

And that should be all of the cheats that happened on the show. Feel free to add more if you want.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2012, 10:02:16 PM »
It's hard to get a photo of it, but there was also the fact that in the boys' individual game of "Smashed Printing Plate of Frederick Douglass," Jason continued throwing newspapers when his opponent fell off his bronco. It was never explicitly stated that he wasn't supposed to stop while the other contestant got back up, but it seemed unusual that they allowed him to continue. Either way, Jason got a much higher score, so it probably wouldn't have mattered regardless of whether he was forced to stop throwing newspapers. But I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2012, 10:50:59 PM »
Yeah, that's another example of potential cheating I was gonna bring up. I do think Jason actually did cheat in that game. Even though the rules of the game never said you had to wait for your opponent.