Author Topic: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes  (Read 8839 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Re: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2012, 10:55:27 PM »
Tracy from The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra forced the door in the Observatory to the Treasury Of Golden Orbs, it didn't open, but they still won. Is that a little bit of cheating?

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2012, 11:00:33 PM »
I don't think so, since she didn't actually gain access to the Treasury from the Observatory. Also note that the door was still closed after she grabbed the Bracelet.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2012, 12:44:46 AM »
It's hard to get a photo of it, but there was also the fact that in the boys' individual game of "Smashed Printing Plate of Frederick Douglass," Jason continued throwing newspapers when his opponent fell off his bronco. It was never explicitly stated that he wasn't supposed to stop while the other contestant got back up, but it seemed unusual that they allowed him to continue. Either way, Jason got a much higher score, so it probably wouldn't have mattered regardless of whether he was forced to stop throwing newspapers. But I thought I'd mention it anyway.
Yeah, that's another example of potential cheating I was gonna bring up. I do think Jason actually did cheat in that game. Even though the rules of the game never said you had to wait for your opponent.

I forgot about Jason's individual game where he kept throwing the newspaper even after the Purple Parrot boy fell down. Although the rules never really say that the player had to stop and wait until the other player got back on the horse though. I am sure there were other episodes that used the bucking horse game that day. Didn't Katie's temple game in "The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard" have the exact same game? And I am pretty sure there is a bucking horse game like that in "Lion-Slashed Jacket", but I don't know if it was the exact same one like "Smashed Printing Plate" and "Imperial Wizard"...

As for Tracy, I don't know if that was really cheating or not. As Count Chocula/TSM said, the Treasury door never opened for her even when she exited the temple. So I don't know if she broke the mechanism or if it was a production error on the producer's part. But I wonder why she tried to go to the Treasury from the Observatory when it was obvious that the only room open was the Fallen Columns... :?:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2012, 02:12:15 PM »
No. Imperial Wizard did not have that bucking horse game. Katie had the "sinking steps" temple game.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2012, 09:51:53 AM »
This might seem sort of random, but I've had this question for a while now, and I feel like someone might be able to answer it:

In the Moat crossing from "Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean," the first player used an ancient raft to paddle across. The second player had to balance on the raft without touching their partner or falling off. The Purple Parrots were sent back at the very beginning of this episode's Moat because "they touched their partner." Even though I've seen this episode so many times, I've never noticed it myself. To be honest, Kirk even seemed surprised when they headed back: "It looks like the Purple Parrots! Quickly they move across! Nice teamwork and balance! Oh, oh, but they're backing up!?! Oh! They have to go back, he touched his partner!" Can somebody find a screenshot of when it happened?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2012, 12:43:49 PM »
I remember someone brought this up a long time ago. I always assumed that the Purple Parrot boy touched the Purple Parrot girl's feet while trying to turn the raft around. But we don't really see it on camera though as it is panning in on different teams instead. But if you briefly watch the Purple Parrots turn the raft around compared to the other teams turning the raft around, it kind of looks like the Purple Parrot boy touched his partner. I am not 100% sure though if this was the case but I do remember the spotter sending them back when they were halfway across the moat, so I am sure they messed up somewhere.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2012, 10:36:17 AM »
I've got another seemingly random question regarding the Tomb of the Headless Kings: The "bones" fell from the ceiling of the room each time that the contestants pulled on the vines. At the end of each episode, how were the bones collected and put back into the ceiling compartments? The bottoms of the compartments (where the bones fell out of) couldn't be open, or the bones would fall right back through to the floor. So then how did they get the bones back in?

Might there have been an entryway from a trapped door on the floor of the Chamber of the Sacred Markers that fed into the ceiling compartments in the Tomb of the Headless Kings? Or possibly the side of the compartments were capable of being opened so that the bones could be replaced? Any other ideas?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2012, 07:57:32 PM »

This picture was taken from "The Golden Cup of Belshazzar". If you notice on the left when Kirk is introducing the two teams, there is a TV screen on a cart. Nothing spectacular about this photo, I just thought it was an interesting find and shows you how badly edited the first few Legends episodes were.  :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2012, 09:36:57 PM »
They had that in a lot of Season 1 episodes, especially in the "soapy ramp/grab artifact from the top" games. Also in that picture, next to the mine shaft that Sean is in, what's with the red and purple stuff on the floor? Are those the wind breaker jackets that Katherine and her opponent are supposed to wear? If that's the case, I wonder why they aren't wearing it in their "watery ramp" temple game.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2012, 11:48:59 PM »
I am not sure what those Red and Purple things are suppose to be. Watching the episode again, it kind of looks similar to the windbreakers they wore in season one. Maybe Katherine/Purple Parrot girl were suppose to be wearing them? It was the first temple games ever on the show though, so they probably forgot to use them.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2012, 02:12:47 PM »
Yeah, that's probably it. Although, I'm pretty sure those same Red and Purple things were also seen during the temple games for "Galileo's Cannonball" as well. Why, I don't know. Also, notice how Katherine and the Purple Parrot girl were wearing just water shorts during the temple games? Must have been just part of that "first episode" quirk.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2012, 03:43:03 PM »
Yeah, that's probably it. Although, I'm pretty sure those same Red and Purple things were also seen during the temple games for "Galileo's Cannonball" as well. Why, I don't know. Also, notice how Katherine and the Purple Parrot girl were wearing just water shorts during the temple games? Must have been just part of that "first episode" quirk.

Didn't that happen in a Season 1 episode later in the season? Maybe it was in "Gordian Knot"?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »

Didn't that happen in a Season 1 episode later in the season? Maybe it was in "Gordian Knot"?
In "Gordian Knot," for the rock climbing game, the players had to wear yellow sweatpants instead of their shorts. And they wore the sweatpants for the whole round too. Methinks this was done to reduce the scratches contestants got from that game.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »

This image is taken from the credits for "The Pearl Necklace of Gwalior". I never noticed this before, but if you look in Ryan's left hand, he is holding a tissue. Its not anything significant or noteworthy, but I never saw any other contestant holding one on camera. Perhaps he was sick or was crying? Just thought it was interesting.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »

Well his left eye seemed a little swollen, as seen in this picture (courtesy video posted by ChargerTheWolf on youtube.com). Perhaps the tissue thing was given to him for something going on with his eye?