Author Topic: Problem  (Read 2465 times)

Offline The Rock Quarry

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
    • http://geocities.aceboard.com/index.php?login=274352
Problem
« on: April 01, 2007, 05:03:32 AM »
I'm having a problem with the bad words. I don't like it at all how some of you older ones are saying M rated bad words. There could be younger ones, like 9 and 10, on this forum whos moms do not want to see there children seeing other posts with stuff like that. That, unfortunatly enough, already has happened to Outer Space. His/Her mom found out and he/she had to leave the forum.  :(  I'm being VERY serious here. I do not want to see this happen again. If it does, whoevers fault it is, I am going P.M. them and talk to them. Period.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 05:24:43 AM »
You might be exaggerating about the lower limit to ages (I'm probably the youngest person here and I'm in high school,) but I'll try to avoid swearing and sex talk.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Re: Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 06:07:28 AM »
Quote from: ""The Rock Quarry""
I'm having a problem with the bad words. I don't like it at all how some of you older ones are saying M rated bad words. There could be younger ones, like 9 and 10, on this forum whos moms do not want to see there children seeing other posts with stuff like that. That, unfortunatly enough, already has happened to Outer Space. His/Her mom found out and he/she had to leave the forum.  :(  I'm being VERY serious here. I do not want to see this happen again. If it does, whoevers fault it is, I am going P.M. them and talk to them. Period.

Let me tell you a story. I was once on a forum not long ago where they would jump down your throat for using a word like "damn". This drove me crazy. We may not all live in America, but there is one thing about America that I think should exist on the internet, and that is freedom of speech. Now I don't think that it is too bad here. Sure yesterday was one thing but that was all to contribute to the shock of the april fools prank. If you were to really sit down and look through it, you'd find that the language and sex talk is kept to a pretty modest level around here. Sure, you may find a "shit" or a "fuck" every now and then, but they are all for good fun. Hell, I knew the word fuck when I was 10 years old, and seeing how the majority of the members here watched Legends when it was originally on Nick, I'd say they know what the word is too. I agree with you, sometimes can be taken out of proportion, but for the most part, this board keeps it toned down. Now that the April Fools prank is over, you can expect that things will return to the way they were before.......that is until next April 1st.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Problem
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 07:17:15 AM »
Quote from: ""The Ancient Warrior""
You might be exaggerating about the lower limit to ages (I'm probably the youngest person here and I'm in high school,) but I'll try to avoid swearing and sex talk.

:younger:

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
Problem
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 08:43:40 AM »
Guess what, kids?  With elementary school pregnancy rates on the rise and the rapid acceleration/demand to age more quickly, the "I'm too young" bollocks doesn't even apply anymore.

It's language.  Semantics.  Communication.  They have these words in PG-13 movies.

Get over it.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
Problem
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 08:58:57 AM »
*clap* Well said!

Problem
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 09:36:15 AM »
Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""
Guess what, kids?  With elementary school pregnancy rates on the rise and the rapid acceleration/demand to age more quickly, the "I'm too young" bollocks doesn't even apply anymore.

It's language.  Semantics.  Communication.  They have these words in PG-13 movies.

Get over it.

Try saying that to a couple with 7 year old children.
This problem will never be resolved here or anywhere on the planet. I do belive that swearing to a ceratain degree, should be allowed However There should still be limits. I was at a yahoo group when I got an From a member of the group with nothing but The foulest cursings ever. Now this is a completely different Group and Swearing is more eccepatble. Basically what I'm trying to say is.
The occasional shit is okay. But don't swear on a regular basis. Cause one day you might swear infront of the wrong person. And you cuold end up...

GETTING A FINE FROM THE FCC (Dramatic music Plays)
and they'll do it to they're bastards.

Offline The Rock Quarry

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Problem
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 09:37:06 AM »
OKAY, YOUR SAYING THAT YOU DON'T CARE THAT OUTER SPACE LEFT AND THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO GET MORE PEOPLE TO LEAVE?!! I MAY BE THE NEXT ONE TO LEAVE! PHANTOM BPR, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BAD WORDS.

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Problem
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 09:49:04 AM »
Quote from: ""outer space""
Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""

Get over it.
Try saying that to a couple with 7 year old children.
This problem will never be resolved here or anywhere on the planet. I do belive that swearing to a ceratain degree, should be allowed However There should still be limits. I was at a yahoo group when I got an From a member of the group with nothing but The foulest cursings ever. Now this is a completely different Group and Swearing is more eccepatble. Basically what I'm trying to say is.
The occasional shit is okay. But don't swear on a regular basis. Cause one day you might swear infront of the wrong person. And you cuold end up...

GETTING A FINE FROM THE FCC (Dramatic music Plays)
and they'll do it to they're bastards.

And if you notice, we don't take it out of control very often. Most of us are mature enough to use it in our daily language without letting it get out of control. Once again, yesterday was an exception but I do not feel like explaining it again. If this was something that occured a great deal on this forum, I'd understand, but I'm not about to start censoring people because a joke got a little out of hand.

OKAY, YOUR SAYING THAT YOU DON'T CARE THAT OUTER SPACE LEFT AND THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO GET MORE PEOPLE TO LEAVE?!! I MAY BE THE NEXT ONE TO LEAVE! PHANTOM BPR, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BAD WORDS.

Excuse me?

Who said I wanted anyone to leave?
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline The Rock Quarry

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Problem
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 09:51:15 AM »
I was talking to renegade flapjacks, not you, Phantom

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Problem
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 09:56:38 AM »

I think what we're saying is it's bound to happen, but some people care more than others.

In my case? they're just words, like any other word in English, nothing special.  Some people care and try to prevent swearing, but it's bound to pop up, we don't live in any perfect country.

I honestly agree with Phantom too, I'd seen those words since I was like 9, my grandmother swears all the time even when i was 6 and i was around.  But like he said, the swearing's been kept more or less down to a very low level here.  It was only yesterday everything went completely out of control.  I hope you understand, Rock Quarry, yesterday just went a little far, but that's the only problem with profanity here.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Rock Quarry

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Problem
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 10:13:31 AM »
Well, what makes me mad is that outer space is grounded for two months because of something that someone else did, not him/her.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Problem
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 10:22:33 AM »
I'll admit that the language used was a bit too harsh for my personal taste. At least the whole thing lasted for only eight hours--it wasn't permanent.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
Problem
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 11:06:16 AM »
If he's coming back, then does it even matter? I would think most of us would be smart & minimize the window if a parental unit was coming, like I did most of the time yesterday XD

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Problem
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 11:14:22 AM »
I had like 5 diffrent programs running, I just kept switching between them.