Author Topic: What artifact locations felt out of place on the show?  (Read 842 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
What artifact locations felt out of place on the show?
« on: April 03, 2013, 02:18:34 PM »
We have had discussions in the past where artifact locations in certain rooms make sense, but what about artifact locations that felt out of place? I know that the producers probably just shoved an artifact in any old room without thinking about whether the artifact has any relation to that room. But there are also some artifacts that they seemed to plan out that matched the room theme. In this topic though, I want to make a list of artifacts that people felt out of place. In addition, I name a room that the artifact would logically fit in to.

Here were some out of place artifacts IMO:

Galileo's Cannonball - Mine Shaft
I can't believe that they didn't put this artifact in the Observatory. It would make sense when listening to the legend and the discovery Galileo made. The Mine Shaft just sticks out like a sore thumb for this artifact location.

John Henry's Lost Hammer - Room of the Golden Idols

John Henry worked on tunnels and railroads and a Hammer has nothing to do with a room filled with Golden Idols. This artifact would've made more sense in the Mine Shaft.

The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart - Room of Harmonic Convergence
This artifact location sticks out like a sore thumb. I mean it probably wouldn't really fit in any other room of the temple, but this room just feels like the worst place to put the Lucky Pig. Maybe it should've gone into the Shrine for an animal theme.

Henry VIII's Great Seal - Swamp
Henry VIII... and the Swamp? What? Too bad the Throne Room wasn't a part of this layout, because it would've made perfect sense there. Or maybe even the Treasure Room. They probably just shoved this one here for the sake of an artifact being in the Swamp.

I will post more later. But in the mean time, share some artifacts that you felt were out of place. ;)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: What artifact locations felt out of place on the show?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 02:54:07 PM »
The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl in the Laser Light Room. This artifact was only put in that room just because there was never an artifact in the Laser Light Room before this episode. Also, The Leopard Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley seemed out of place. It was one of those artifacts where they didn't know what to do with the it, so they made up some story and just put it in Medusa's Lair.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 05:18:28 PM »
I would have expected the Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein to have been in the King's Storeroom, since the portrait was of King Henry VIII. The Enormous Feather of the Me Linh and the Bent Shaving Pan of Jedidiah Smith made less sense being in that room.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »
I would've expected the Stone Head of Evil King should've been in Medusa's Lair due to that Medusa was in the Legend. 

Also, Blackbeard's Treasure Map should've been in the Pirate's Cove for Irony

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 06:02:59 PM »
The only connection I can make for the Enormous Feather is that the King's Storeroom was the highest room of the Temple in Season 3.  It's a stretch, but I think it would've made more sense in the Room of the Ancient Warriors given the legend.

How about the Bottle of Water from the Lost Fountain of Youth? I honestly think the Swamp would've made more sense (and been less brutal) than putting it in the Heart Room.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:03:03 PM »
I'd have to say the Priceless Portrait was indeed the most out of place artifact on the show. The producers probably were thinking "This is going to be our last episode of this season and we haven't used in the Laser Light Room for any artifacts, so let's shove this one there.". Which is surprising considering the Laser Light Room appeared in more than half of Season 2. The Priceless Portrait would've made more sense in the King's Storeroom due to the association with pottery and art.

The Stone Head is one that they messed up big time. It would've made much more sense to put it in Medusa's Lair, considering the legend revolves around Medusa. I really wonder why they didn't do that considering how obvious the connection.

To me, the Missing Portrait makes sense to a certain extent in the Chamber of the Sacred Markers. I mean a portrait could be considered a "marker" of some sort. The King's Storeroom does sound like a more logical place either way.

The Leopard-Skin Cloak is real strange one like the Lucky Pillow as they seem to have no relevance to the room at all. Some of the artifacts you can make a connection to their room through their legend (like the Lily-Crested Crown and Quicksand Bog), but these two you can't. I agree with this one.

I honestly don't know where I would've put the Bent Shaving Pan at though. I can't think of a S3 room that would fit this artifact properly.

One more I want to add is the Sacred Ring being in the Dark Forest. Wow, this one should've been easily put in the King's Storeroom rather than the Dark Forest. It doesn't even make sense in the Dark Forest and it looks silly having the Dark Forest tree where it. :roll:

Later, I am going to put some of these suggestions into the first post and give you guys credit. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 07:12:06 PM »
I can't believe I didn't make the pottery connection for The King's Storeroom. :o I always tried to justify the Portrait being in the Laser Light Room with the different colors of light as a very tenuous connection to paint colors and stuff like that...

I probably would've put the Bent Shaving Pan in either the Dark Forest or the Quicksand Bog.  Jedediah Smith was an explorer, and those were the two most wilderness-based rooms in Season 3.

As for the Leopard-Skin Cloak, a sort of animal connection between the artifact and the room objective is all I can offer as justification there.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:13:18 PM by The Ancient Warrior »
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 08:02:08 PM »
How about the Bottle of Water from the Lost Fountain of Youth? I honestly think the Swamp would've made more sense (and been less brutal) than putting it in the Heart Room.
Wasn't the legend about "pure of hearts" and the artifact location was sure enough.... the Heart Room? That artifact location made perfect sense.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 09:22:05 PM »
Plus, the Lucky Heart Shaped Pillow of Annie Taylor in Medusa's Lair made a lot of sense. Ex Heart Room = Perfect place for it.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 09:28:03 PM »
My theory about the Stone Head of the Evil King is the episode details were fully planned out before the Medusa's Lair prop came onto the set.  Maybe they had to make do with the Heart Room for the first day of Season 2 and the Medusa prop was a late shipment or something, but it might have arrived sooner than expected regardless.  It just feels like the Stone Head episode was planned for Layout X as "The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor" probably was as well.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 11:10:08 PM »
I want to post a few more:

The Medal of Sir Edmund Hillary - Torch Room
This one seems totally random and I always forget that it was located here. I always thought the Treacherous Holes or Treasure Room would've made more sense for this artifact. Definitely not the Pirate's Cove.

The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin - Throne Room
This one would've made perfect sense in the Lightning Ball Room, but that wouldn't come around until one production episode later. But still, I can't really make a connection between this room and Benjamin Franklin. The Swamp just seems more of a logical place for this artifact.

The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan - Room of the Mandarin Hand
What is with the one room artifacts and how they awkwardly stick out? The Golden Earring isn't even located inside of the room either. It honestly would've made sense in the Shrine since it was a piece of a body and made out of metal.

The Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth - Jester's Court
Out of all of the places in the temple, why this room? A piece of corn in a room designed to look like a place of entertainment for royalty? What? I am not sure where this one would logically fit, but any other room but this one.

The Smashed Printing Plate of Frederick Douglass - Tomb of the Headless Kings
For some reason, this one seemed to fit in the Chamber or King's Storeroom better. Although I guess it works out since it fits on the lap of the skeleton perfectly. But it still is an odd place to put it.

The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea - Tomb of the Ancient Kings
It seems these bottom of the central shaft artifact locations hardly make any sense. This one should've been in the Room of the Ancient Warriors for what Boadicea did on the battlefield. The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza should've been in the Tomb of the Headless Kings instead.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:30:23 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 11:33:14 PM »
Fixed the color on Electrified Key. It was a Blue Barracudas run, not Green Monkeys.

As for Golden Earring, an earring someone wears and a (mandarin) hand represents part of a person, so that artifact location makes sense. And the Royal Torque in the Tomb represents Queen Boadicea and Headless Kings, so that matches too.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 10:50:54 AM »
The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain.....in the Jesters' Court? That seemed out of place. The Room of the Ancient Warriors and the King's Storeroom seemed like more logical placements for the helmet. The Tomb of the Headless Kings would also kind of make sense as well. I mean, it's a helmet from a warrior. Having it in the Jesters' Court doesn't make much sense to me. :huh:

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 11:17:43 AM »
Royal Torque was in the Headless Kings, not Ancient Kings

And about the Smashed Printing Plate, I just think the King's Storeroom would've been a great spot for it. Because it is the highest room (Douglass' paper was The North Star) and that the pots are smashed (the artifact was smashed too)

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts