Author Topic: The Wheel Room???  (Read 1365 times)

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
The Wheel Room???
« on: January 07, 2007, 02:21:28 AM »
In some layouts Olmec calls the room in the Pit area from S1. L5-9 the Wheel Room. In others(Robinhood and Marian's Ladder, Treasure Map of Jean Laffite)he calls it the Pit of Despair. What is the real name?

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas
Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline ElJarhead

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
Re: The Wheel Room???
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 02:34:36 AM »
Quote from: ""the bamboo forest""
In some layouts Olmec calls the room in the Pit area from S1. L5-9 the Wheel Room. In others(Robinhood and Marian's Ladder, Treasure Map of Jean Laffite)he calls it the Pit of Despair. What is the real name?

I actually don't remember Olmec (on the show, not on this forum ... assuming they're different :lol: ) ever calling it the Wheel Room. My understanding is that the official name, according to Olmec's pre-run footage, was the Pit of Despair, but that we fans refer to it (as did Kirk, more often than not) as the Wheel Room in order to differentiate it from the S1 L1-4 Pit of Despair/Wall Climb.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
The Wheel Room???
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 06:18:33 AM »
Olmec's always called it the Pit of Despair and so I use that as its name.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
The Wheel Room???
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 08:04:53 AM »
Yes, that's why on the new temple layout page on my site I put the name of the Wheel Room in parentheses--Olmec never referred to it by that, but I couldn't think of a more suitable name.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
The Wheel Room???
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 07:17:45 PM »
No, Olmec never said "the Wheel Room", but like a lot of  people here I call it by that name anyway.  That way it's easier to distinguish it from all the other Pits of Despair.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
The Wheel Room???
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 07:56:29 PM »
Hm... Perhaps we should make a more creative name for the room... How about "The Chasm of the Aztec Calendar?"

Heh... well, maybe not that, but I wish there was a better name for that division of the Pit rather than the Wheel Room.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
The Wheel Room???
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 07:57:21 PM »
Kirk called it the Wheel Room constantly, and it's an easy way to distinguish it from the two Pits of Despair, so it's fanon.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 12:13:16 AM »
Quote from: ""ElJarhead""

I actually don't remember Olmec (on the show, not on this forum ... assuming they're different :lol: ) ever calling it the Wheel Room. My understanding is that the official name, according to Olmec's pre-run footage, was the Pit of Despair, but that we fans refer to it (as did Kirk, more often than not) as the Wheel Room in order to differentiate it from the S1 L1-4 Pit of Despair/Wall Climb.

Really? On Christopher Reynolds site(Lotht 2001's)I recall hearing Olmec say:"You could start by running through the Cave of Sighs and climbing down to the Wheel Room.

Offline ElJarhead

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 02:04:20 AM »

Really? On Christopher Reynolds site(Lotht 2001's)I recall hearing Olmec say:"You could start by running through the Cave of Sighs and climbing down to the Wheel Room.

I really don't remember that at all.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 02:37:24 AM »

Hmmmmm.......Was I hearing wrong maybe?

Offline ElJarhead

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 03:32:14 AM »

Hmmmmm.......Was I hearing wrong maybe?

Maybe? I couldn't tell you for sure, but I'm confident (and moreso based on the replies this topic has gotten) that Olmec never called it that.