Author Topic: Can you remind me what episode this is from?  (Read 1504 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Can you remind me what episode this is from?
« on: December 27, 2006, 03:50:11 PM »
I can't seem to match a certain legend I remebmer hearing with the right episode.  I remember something about Marie de' Medici (not Catherine de' Medici,) and she was the queen of France.  I can't remember much else, but I think it was a Season 3 episode.  Can someone tell me which episode featured a story about Marie de' Medici?
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 05:25:34 PM »
Uhhh, I don't think there's a legend about any Marie de Medici. Marie Antoinette was a queen of France who was famously dethroned and beheaded. Marie Tussaud was the french chick in the Melted Head episode. She wasn't a queen though. Maybe you got confused?

I've seen every episode and can't recall any Marie de Medici in a legend.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 07:05:21 PM »
There was definitely another reference to a de' Medici in SOME episode. However, I am in the same boat as you, The Ancient Warrior--I cannot name it. :(

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 05:43:31 AM »
Could it be The Good Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie? I'm only guessing that cus "Eugenie" looks French to me.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 06:44:40 AM »
I'm pretty sure it was the Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie. That one, she was like at war, & the weapon struck her watch, so she lived.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 06:52:32 AM »
Okay, thanks.  If that's right I can check that episode off on my "seen-it" list.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 07:05:47 PM »
Lorenzo De'Medici was mentioned in The Missing Eye of David. Having done a report on him two years ago, I know he was related to Catherine De'Medici (in what way escapes me). Maybe that's what you're thinking of. But to my knowledge there has never been a Marie De'Medici mentioned in the Temple.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 05:25:05 AM »
Here's a "Can you remind me of which episode?" question:

I seem to recall an episode - and only one - where a Temple Guard in the Ledges doesn't hide in the bottom, but instead just kind of chills near the top of the Ledges.  I'm also fairly certain the contestant came down from the Crypt.  (I want to say it's the Dried Apple Half episode, but it's been a while since I've seen it.)

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 07:43:48 AM »
You're right, it was the dried apple half of william tell.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 10:09:44 AM »
Thanks for your help, guys.  I couldn't connect Marie de' Medici to that episode, and when I tried searching for Wikipedia articles on Empress Eugenie, I came across two: Eug?nie de Montijo, the wife of Napoleon the Third, and Elizabeth of Bavaria.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 01:36:04 PM »
Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""

I seem to recall an episode - and only one - where a Temple Guard in the Ledges doesn't hide in the bottom, but instead just kind of chills near the top of the Ledges.  I'm also fairly certain the contestant came down from the Crypt.  (I want to say it's the Dried Apple Half episode, but it's been a while since I've seen it.)

OMG, I've been trying to figure that out for forever.  I knew there was a third season episode with a temple guard hiding at the top of the Ledges, but I just couldn't remember which one it was... I guess now I know. Thanks.:P

Offline ElJarhead

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 02:23:01 PM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""

OMG, I've been trying to figure that out for forever.  I knew there was a third season episode with a temple guard hiding at the top of the Ledges, but I just couldn't remember which one it was... I guess now I know. Thanks.:P

Wasn't that also the only season 3 episode where anyone got caught by a temple guard in the Ledges?

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 02:44:36 PM »
Quote from: ""ElJarhead""
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""

Wasn't that also the only season 3 episode where anyone got caught by a temple guard in the Ledges?

OMG, it is! I never even noticed that!

However, I think it's safe to assume that the Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen episode had a guard in the Ledges... The team took the only routes possible and only had one pendant. The door to the Ledges opened from the Crypt, but they didn't take it... Thank God.