Author Topic: Pendant of Life/Temple Guard Question  (Read 3185 times)

Pendant of Life/Temple Guard Question
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 11:23:57 AM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
If I'm not mistaken, the door from the Shrine to the Forest was open...
if it opened it opened long after he entered the password room so its true a layout exists in which one must find the half pendant of life to win

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 01:27:15 PM »
Hm... you may be right. For some reason I remember it opening.

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 02:21:10 PM »
That door never opens. I am positive. The only other door that opened besides the Password room was the Bog which contained the third guard.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 05:53:23 PM »
Quote from: ""math""
That door never opens. I am positive. The only other door that opened besides the Password room was the Bog which contained the third guard.

I'll have to edit that note on my site, then.

EDIT: And come to think of it, that episode had a devilishly difficult layout. Not only were they required to find the half-pendant, but they were forced through nine rooms to reach the artifact, which ended up being ten because of the frontrunner's venture into the Ledges. Wow.

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2006, 06:43:36 AM »
That layout was used again in the Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein except the dead end this time was in the Crypt. Also this layout was used in the Water Bottle episode and the Ivory Elephant one except the Shrine/Forest door did open (but of course they didn't take it!)

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2006, 12:31:50 PM »
Holbein was ridiculous.  They would have had to go through a minimum of ten rooms before reaching the portrait (and the Ledges would have made it eleven).

Offline ElJarhead

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2006, 06:33:40 PM »
Quote from: ""tss1011""
Holbein was ridiculous.  They would have had to go through a minimum of ten rooms before reaching the portrait (and the Ledges would have made it eleven).

Holbein was COMPLETELY ridiculous. I'm surprised the team got as far as they did. They were in their ninth room when time expired. Even if Rachel (the frontrunner) had started in the Ledges, she would have been removed from the temple later in the run, and Keith would have had a really tough go at making up for "some big-time time."

Of course, what would have been REALLY mean is if they had used the same temple guard layout from the Water Bottle of Ponce de Leon and not opened the door between the Shrine of the Silver Monkey and the Dark Forest. Can you imagine entering your tenth room in the season 3 temple and THEN being taken out of the temple? I would have been furious.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2006, 08:42:28 PM »
Quote from: ""ElJarhead""
Of course, what would have been REALLY mean is if they had used the same layout from the Water Bottle of Ponce de Leon and not opened the door between the Shrine of the Silver Monkey and the Dark Forest. Can you imagine entering your tenth room in the season 3 temple and THEN being taken out of the temple? I would have been furious.

Ouch.  As if the Ponce de Leon episode wasn't mean enough.  By that point, there would hardly be any time left, not even for a "good cleaner" (one of my favorite Kirk-isms).  Getting through ten rooms in the Season 3 temple was a pretty rare accomplishment anyway.

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2006, 11:08:10 AM »
Actually, the Shrine/Bog door did open (you have to look extremely closely) so it could have been a solo run. Too bad!

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 12:39:31 PM »
Actually, the Shrine/Bog door did open (you have to look extremely closely) so it could have been a solo run. Too bad!

pounce de leon even though the door did open it still could not have been a solo run

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2006, 01:06:43 PM »
I'm sorry. I was talking about the Holbein episode; that one could have been solo.

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2006, 03:34:56 PM »
I'm sorry. I was talking about the Holbein episode; that one could have been solo.

no im afraid your still wrong niether the door to the forest or the bog openned so solo was still impossible

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 01:38:21 PM »
I still believe that the Bog door did open. When you watch the credits, (you can catch it on GAS at least 4 more times this month :wink: ) the Bog door is shown from a distance once the entire very long closing credits. It appears open. Even though many season 3 layouts were rediculous, I really don't think they would do such a hard layout.

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 03:35:31 PM »
I still believe that the Bog door did open. When you watch the credits, (you can catch it on GAS at least 4 more times this month :wink: ) the Bog door is shown from a distance once the entire very long closing credits. It appears open. Even though many season 3 layouts were rediculous, I really don't think they would do such a hard layout.

which episode? if its the missing portrait than no it didn't open.