Author Topic: Pokémon Topic  (Read 21102 times)

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Topic
« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2012, 09:06:04 PM »
I beat Black 2 on Tuesday afternoon (long weekends ftw). 
My team was:
Emboar
Leavanny
Magnezone
Vaporeon
Cofagrigus
Flygon
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2012, 10:05:25 PM »
Can you change your name back?

Keeping on topic, it's so hard to make a team for Johto.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2012, 09:26:30 AM »

Ludicolo, where are you? :lol:
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 20, 2012, 12:20:50 AM »
Man, Burgh was so hard on Challenge Mode, even with Magnemite and Pignite.

Next Pokemon on the agenda is a rose by any other name that smell as evil.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2012, 11:40:29 AM »
Up to three badges in my Platinum Nuzlocke.  Out of any possible free chances or cop-outs I'd allowed myself at the beginning, but I now have the Relic Badge and my team has not changed from the last update except in terms of level (and in one case, evolution):

Current lineup:
Monferno, Level 28 male, starter
Gyarados, Level 28 female, met on Route 218
Bibarel, Level 27 male, met on Route 204
Graveler, Level 27 female, met at the Oreburgh Gate
Onix, Level 27 female, met in the Oreburgh Mine
Shellos, Level 27 male, met on Route 205

Fallen heroes:
Shinx, Level 13 female, met on Route 203
Kricketune, Level 13 male, met on Route 202

I guess the bad news is I don't have anyone in the current lineup who can use Defog.  I don't have a single bird in the PC at the moment, either, so I'm hoping for a Flying-type on one of the upcoming routes to help me out with that and Fly.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 21, 2012, 04:18:40 AM »
...Strike what I just said, I just lost my Onix in a double battle. :( I was hoping her Defenses would be enough, but both her and my Bibarel missed the target on the first turn and a surprise Jump Kick and being ganged up on by both members meant she went down in three turns, leaving Bibarel to finish things off by himself.

So that brings me up to three losses, and means bringing in the Bronzor I caught in the Wayward Cave to hopefully cover for more weak spots.  Just about to enter the Solaceon Ruins with the following team:

Current lineup:
Monferno, Level 28 male, starter
Gyarados, Level 28 female, met on Route 218
Bibarel, Level 27 male, met on Route 204
Graveler, Level 28 female, met at the Oreburgh Gate
Shellos, Level 28 male, met on Route 205
Bronzor, Level 18 neuter, met in Wayward Cave

Fallen heroes:
Onix, Level 28 female, met in the Oreburgh Mine

On a lighter note, my first encounter on Route 209 ended up being a Chansey and I knew I had to have it.  She's on standby in case something else should go wrong fairly soon, but I'm hoping I'm well-prepared for the next gym battle against Maylene.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2012, 09:54:28 AM »
It took half an hour to find an Axew. Now what's left is to catch Staryu. If only I wasn't in Mistralton and the earliest Staryu is on the other side of the region.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 29, 2012, 12:19:15 PM »
Just to let you know..., you're about to feel Hugh's rage!

All this for a cat. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2012, 01:07:52 PM »
I think whether it seems like he's overreacting depends on whether you see Pokémon as just animals or weapons.  The second interpretation explains a lot about the games, IMO.

Anyway, I'm up to four badges in the Platinum Nuzlocke now and it's about time.  But, I'm also up to four losses, and the last one was my Bronzor.  Surprisingly enough, it was in the last regular battle before Maylene, and that high-level Heracross ended up getting in a critical hit with Brick Break, which was enough to kill it.  Once I took it down with my Gyarados in the rematch, then I only needed Gyarados and Monferno to deal with Maylene herself, but it was a tense battle.

I brought in my Chansey from the PC to fill the empty space in the team.  Currently leveling her up on Route 214 and trying to devise the perfect moveset for trolling through the game. >:3

Current lineup:
Monferno, Level 30 male, starter
Gyarados, Level 30 female, met on Route 218
Bibarel, Level 30 male, met on Route 204
Graveler, Level 30 female, met at the Oreburgh Gate
Gastrodon, Level 30 male, met on Route 205
Chansey, Level 26 female, met on Route 209

Fallen heroes:
Bronzor, Level 29, met in Wayward Cave

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2012, 11:24:13 AM »
Well, I've finally beaten Challenge Mode. My final team:

Haxorus
Magnezone
Krookodile
Starmie
Emboar
Roserade

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 06, 2012, 08:56:11 PM »
Well, got pretty lucky in the Great Marsh where I ended up with a glorious Tropius.  I've already cleared out Route 212, but nothing worthy of note there.  I did end up losing my Bibarel in the battle with Barry (one critical hit plus Rollout not doing enough damage will do that), but I got the Fen Badge soon after, using my Gyarados and the Octillery on Route 213, but also my newly evolved Infernape who not only one-shot Quagsire with Grass Knot, but actually landed the final blow.

Current lineup:
Infernape, Level 36 male, starter
Gyarados, Level 36 female, met on Route 218
Graveler, Level 35 female, met at the Oreburgh Gate
Gastrodon, Level 35 male, met on Route 205
Blissey, Level 35 female, met on Route 209
Octillery, Level 36 female, met on Route 213

Fallen heroes:
Bronzor, Level 29, met in Wayward Cave
Bibarel, Level 35 male, met on Route 204

Not sure when I'll fit in any of the backtracking and exploration with Surf.  Once I get my Tropius out of the PC I can teach him Fly, but for now, I want to try and avoid rotating the team too much.  It'll be easier to write the story that way, IMO.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2012, 12:38:36 PM »

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 09, 2012, 09:02:58 PM »
Planned White 2 Challenge Mode team:

Samurott
Surf
Megahorn
Ice Beam
?????

Electivire
Wild Charge
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Fire Punch/Rock Slide

Cincinno (Skill Link)
Tail Slap
Bullet Seed
Rock Blast
Sing

Camerupt
Earth Power/Earthquake (Depends on which attacking stat is higher)
Flamethrower
Will-o-Wisp
Stone Edge

Ferrothorn
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Payback
Toxic

Altaria
Dragon Pulse
Cotton Guard
Fly
Roost/Heal Bell/Random coverage move

:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 09, 2012, 09:30:32 PM »
A few thoughts for rebalancing the metagame in recent generations:

- Stealth Rock HAS to be nerfed.  I'm thinking that normal damage should either be 6.25% or 5% of the max HP, depending on whether the game data could store 5% as a possibility.
- Make Earthquake have 90% or 85% accuracy and give it a weaker counterpart with 75 or 80 base power, but 100% accuracy.  As it is, I think it's way too powerful for such an accessible move, but I don't see GameFreak retconning the movesets at this point so it has to be nerfed.
- Balance out Shell Smash by setting all the stat changes at the same number of stages.  Most of the Pokémon that get it are walls already, so shouldn't it at least be a two-stage decrease for their defenses, or only one-stage for Attack, Special Attack and Speed?
- Moody should follow the same guideline as Shell Smash.  Same number of stages for the increase versus the decrease, which would at least be a good step towards balance...
- Abilities like Swift Swim should only boost by one stage rather than two.  They've been banned in conjunction with auto-weather abilities by Smogon for a reason.

Any ideas of what to add to the list?

EDIT: I'd recommend Roost for Altaria, Viper.  After all, that could also help defend against several weaknesses for a turn if s/he's fast enough.  Otherwise, if you want another attack instead, I'd consider Fire Blast or Flamethrower, depending on how you feel about the lower accuracy.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:32:57 PM by The Ancient Warrior »

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 09, 2012, 11:24:15 PM »
I hate it when the Champion's team doesnt make any sense. Like Cynthia's Togekiss with Hustle and no Physical moves. Or Lance's Dragonite that spams Draco Meteor and only has Special moves.