Author Topic: Pokémon Topic  (Read 21102 times)

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Topic
« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2012, 05:45:09 PM »
Got my copy of White 2 today! Here's my friend code if any of you want to register it: 3998-4361-2107
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 05:48:08 PM by Count Chocula »

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #226 on: October 09, 2012, 06:52:20 PM »
Dare I say that I was overleveled by the time I reached the Pokemon League? Who knew the Lucky Egg was so helpful?
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2012, 08:07:47 AM »
I'd partly chalk that one up to the improved level curve as well.  Now beat the whole thing on Challenge Mode, RJF. ;)

I don't have a copy of the game yet, but that's because there's a chance some family or friend might try to get me a copy for my birthday later this month.  Just in case, I'd told my parents that anyone who was considering getting me one of the games should avoid White 2 and buy Black 2 instead.  I plan on doing a Nuzlocke of that game in Challenge Mode in the winter, after I'm done with Platinum (and gone back to wrap up Ruby, of course :lol:) and after I'm done with this semester.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2012, 09:04:16 AM »
I have White 2. I can't get Challenge Mode unless my friends have Black 2 and none of them play it. And that's why I have DeSmuMe.

Quick note to Oshawott users: GameFreak is trolling us.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:08:33 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2012, 11:06:29 PM »
Wait, what do you mean GameFreak is trolling? What did they do to Oshawott? D':
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2012, 01:12:03 AM »
Remember when I said I lost to Hugh. Well, it happened in Aspertia and Flocessy. The Zinzolin Double battles are even more trolling. Hugh's Serperior can faint quickly thanks to the overwhelming Ice Type advantage. And as if Drayden wasn't hard enough, they put the Ice Beam TM after the gym. And the only other Ice move is by move tutor with a relatively low base power. And blue shards are so hard to find. Like they force you to catch Haxorus. Also, no Dragon Claw TM until after the main game. Disgusting.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 01:15:51 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 11, 2012, 04:51:44 AM »
Even the first battle in Challenge Mode is higher leveled. Tepig, anyone?

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 11, 2012, 01:48:13 PM »
And as if Drayden wasn't hard enough, they put the Ice Beam TM after the gym. And the only other Ice move is by move tutor with a relatively low base power. And blue shards are so hard to find. Like they force you to catch Haxorus. Also, no Dragon Claw TM until after the main game. Disgusting.

You could always catch an ice-type at Twist Mountain.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 11, 2012, 02:27:34 PM »
And as if Drayden wasn't hard enough, they put the Ice Beam TM after the gym. And the only other Ice move is by move tutor with a relatively low base power. And blue shards are so hard to find. Like they force you to catch Haxorus. Also, no Dragon Claw TM until after the main game. Disgusting.

You could always catch an ice-type at Twist Mountain.
Twist Mountain is post-game now.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 11, 2012, 05:10:05 PM »
I picked Oshawott last time, and this was my team.

Samurott
Arcanine
Magnezone
Braviary (I should've gone for Roserade)
Krookodile
Haxorus

And I still struggled with Team Plasma -_-

Change of teams:

Emboar
Magnezone
Roserade
Krookodile
Starmie
Haxorus
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:49:45 PM by Red Jaguars Fan »

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 11, 2012, 07:54:57 PM »
I'm so bored. Here's my planned movesets for the Elite Four.

Emboar:
Flamethrower
Hammer Arm
Assurance
Rock Slide

Magnezone:
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon
Signal Beam
Tri Attack

Krookodile:
Earthquake
Crunch
Shadow Claw
Aerial Ace

Roserade:
Energy Ball
Venoshock
Shadow Ball
Toxic

Haxorus:
Dragon Claw
Shadow Claw
Bulldoze
Rock Tomb

Starmie:
Oh, like you don't know the perfect moveset for Starmie. Fine, here it is for the rookies.

Surf
Psychic
Ice Beam
Thunberbolt

BoltBeam gets tossed around here and there.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 07:55:52 PM by Red Jaguars Fan »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 11, 2012, 11:26:56 PM »
Looking on Bulbapedia, the other option could've been buying Ice Punch from Driftveil City.  I'm not sure how hard it is to get red shards in those games, though, and it does take a lot, but it could be worth it if you went for Floatzel again or something (or even something like Muk could learn it, for that matter).  Otherwise, they should've probably brought back Medicham or the Hitmon family or something...

EDIT: You could also look for a Trapinch, come to think of it.  I'm not sure if Swablu comes before or later, but it sounds like the best shot is another Dragon, so you might need to take a risk with it on the second time around.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:31:34 PM by The Ancient Warrior »

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2012, 11:31:34 PM »
Another Option would've been catching Trapinch at the Desert Resort and raising it to Flygon.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2012, 11:33:01 PM »
...Wow, posted at the same time. :lol: One more option I thought of was Steelix with Ice Fang, since Onix comes pretty early and the Metal Coat seems to be only halfway through the game.  Not sure how early the Heart Scales start appearing, though.

I'd really like a little help understanding the shard system in Generation V, by the way.  I think I'd like to teach Heat Wave and Giga Drain to a lot of my main teams in White, so a more in-depth explanation there could help.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:37:37 PM by The Ancient Warrior »

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2012, 11:50:51 PM »
I'd really like a little help understanding the shard system in Generation V, by the way.  I think I'd like to teach Heat Wave and Giga Drain to a lot of my main teams in White, so a more in-depth explanation there could help.

Shards are pretty much useless in Black and White. All they're good for there is to sell them in Icirrus City. Heck, you can't even get any in White (they're only obtainable in Black City).

As for B2W2, they're much more widespread, and the good news is that each move tutor only requests one color of shard. Both Heat Wave and Giga Drain require 10 Yellow shards: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Move_Tutor#Shard_Move_Tutors_2