Author Topic: Pokémon Topic  (Read 21102 times)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
Re: Pokemon Topic
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2012, 03:19:48 PM »
And the updater comes.

Elesa will own a Flaaffy.
The Weather Brothers' new formes will have different abilities.
Black City and White Forest are back (They better not have Grey)
There is a cave that is different between both versions. Black 2 will have water, White 2 will have lava
B2 gets Black Kyurem, W2 gets White Kyurem (If it wasn't obvious from the backgrounds in trailers)
Buneary and Magby exclusive to B2 while Skitty (Why?????) and Elekid to W2.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2012, 01:59:45 AM »
Gym leader update!

All eight have been confirmed. The order for the first two is confirmed, but not for the rest.

Cheren
Homika
Drayden (No Iris)
Clay
Elesa with a new look
Skyla (Told you she owned the fans of doom :P)
Burgh
Shizui

No confirmation as to whether the others will appear in the games.
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2012, 02:11:08 AM »
Grr, STILL NO DARK-TYPE LEADERS! :x

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2012, 11:47:46 PM »
They have the Elite Four's Grimsley. If course they can't use Dark type Gym Leaders.

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2012, 12:23:06 AM »
They have the Elite Four's Grimsley. If course they can't use Dark type Gym Leaders.

They've had a gym leader and an elite four member specializing in the same type in the same game before. Sabrina/Will, Janine/Koga, and Chuck/Bruno in G/S/C/HG/SS, and Juan/Wallace in Emerald.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2012, 12:28:36 AM »
Five days, people. If you want to pre-order, hurry!

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2012, 12:37:33 AM »
...Except that I don't think anyone here knows a word of Japanese.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2012, 12:47:55 AM »
Neither do many others, but they still buy it.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2012, 06:40:56 AM »
Well, I'd consider that a foolish purchase unless they were trying to learn the language anyway.  I'm waiting for the English release, personally, and unless the release date was pushed back, it should definitely make a good birthday gift for me.

...Well, that and a big bottle of Disaronno. :P
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2012, 01:04:32 PM »
When the Japanese release comes, I'll at least give you the whole Pokedex for Unova 2.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2012, 08:19:34 AM »
More news from Bulbanews:

It has been confirmed that Cheren is the Gym Leader of Aspertia City's Gym, officially known as Aspertia Gym, and gives out TM83 (Work Up) to the players who defeat him.
Bianca gives away TM27 (Return) and the C-Gear in Aspertia City, after the player defeats Cheren, the Aspertia Gym's Gym Leader. She also teaches the player how to catch a Pokémon on Route 19.
The Pokédex gets an upgrade on Route 20. This upgrade allows players to look up specific routes and other locations to see which wild Pokémon can appear there.
Homika uses a level 16 Koffing and a Level 18 Whirlipede, gives away TM09 (Venom Shock).
You receive a Medal Box, medals, and 6 hint medals from an old man. The medal guy rewards you for having watched TV and looking through a trash can. The magazine shows a screenshot of the player receiving the Couch Potato medal.
Team Plasma has split into two factions. One of the factions' goal is to steal Pokémon and using them to take over the world.
Akuroma has studied Team Plasma, and even knows some of its members.
The rival hates Team Plasma because they stole the Purrloin his sister gave him when they were younger.
The player starts the game with P100.
The Balloon Smash minigame is be played through the Xtransceiver.
Pressing the L button during battle brings up a hint screen showing which attacks will be effective.
New Pokédex numbers confirmed: #010 Patrat, #011 Watchog, #012 Purrloin, #013 Liepard, #014 Pidove, #015 Tranquill, #016 Unfezant, #017 Sewaddle, #018 Swadloon, #019 Leavanny, #020 Sunkern, #021 Sunflora, #022 Lillipup, #023 Herdier and #024 Stoutland.

- So once again, we live in the same place as Cheren.
- Route 19?
- Cool
- Well, we know she's second. What about that other guy?
- I'm not interested.
- So, did Team Rocket influence this faction? :P
- He has revealed his allegiance!
- Well, I know I'll like this guy.
- NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :evil:
- Do I care?
- This sounds familiar ;)
- Did they have to rearrange it that much?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2012, 08:52:46 PM »
Sounds like the rival is definitely an older character if he already had a Pokémon (unless that one was a pet, in which case I misunderstood).  I think it'd only be logical if they aged up the main characters a little further, and also upped the required age for a trainer.

Interesting that TM27 is once again given almost immediately.  I really do like what they've done with Cheren and Bianca for the sequels, but I have to admit it seems weird to have the first gym in the first place on the map.  Unless you do get a lot more time to train and come back to it later...

Still no idea on why Homika (or whatever she'll be renamed in the translation— my guess is Verena) will be? I think the anime has the group traveling to another new city not in B1W1.

I guess I should've seen Team Plasma's split into two coming. :lol: Admittedly, it's a bit more interesting than two teams of nonsensical fanatics warring in Hoenn.

Of all the changes in the new games, reducing the starting money down to 100 could be one of the nastiest unless there's a lot of early items and easy battles planned to get us set for the gym.  I don't mind the Pokédex change all that much, honestly, as long as it makes sense based on where the Pokémon show up in the game— who'd really memorized the entire B1W1 Unovadex front to back, anyway?

I'm still suspecting a change to the Elite Four as well.  I guess if there is one, they want to keep that part under wraps... I suppose we'll find out soon enough, though!
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2012, 10:16:54 PM »
So, making more progress on the Nuzlocke, but I've hit a sort of stopping point simply because I don't actually know what to do about a certain situation.  All the Pokémon that are alive right now:

Combusken, female, Level 17
Beautifly, female, Level 17
Poochyena, female, Level 12
Zigzagoon, male, Level 18
Dustox, male, Level 17
Ninjask, male, Level 20
Shedinja, Level 20
Whismur, male, Level 5
Zubat, female, Level 17

My question has to do with the Shedinja, and I can't seem to find too many answers for it.  Whether Shedinja can be used is a bit of a sticking point in and of itself, simply because you are only allowed the first Pokémon you catch on each route, and no others.  But is Shedinja a legitimate capture on its own on the route it evolves on, an accidental second capture on the route Nincada was captured on or is it a by-product of evolution and therefore an exception to the system?

Most questions and answers I've found focused on whether or not it could be used.  My real question is if using Shedinja would take the place of an actual capture on Route 110, where Nincada evolved.  Thoughts?

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2012, 02:11:25 AM »
Pokemon fans, some people have received their copies and are now posting new info.

You have to participate in Pokewood after defeating Homika
You can use X-Transceiver now.
HP/EXP area in both versions are the same as the title color.
Burgh has a Swadloon, a Dwebble and a Leavanny
Gym leaders may not be in their gyms the first time.
Elesa has Emolga, Flaaffy and Zebstrika
Clay has Krokorok, Sandslash and Excadrill
Budew, Roselia, Baltoy, Nosepass (I told you!), Cleffa, Combee, Castform, Rattata (NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!), Grimer and Zubat (Oh, the caves!) are available.
Skyla will have Swoobat, Skarmory (Yes!) and Swanna)
You'll get to set the difficulty of the game after completing it. Normal, Assist or Challenge.
Volcarano is obtainable at Level 35, which is a seriously low level considering when Larvesta evolves.
Drayden has Druddigon, Flygon (YES!) and Haxorus
Unova is indeed frozen in the east.
The Shadow Triad can be battled.
Shizui is last and will have Carracosta, Wailord and Jellicent. Warning: his Jellicent is Lv 51.
Achroma is the leader of Team Plasma (Ha!) He has Magnezone (Told you!), Metang, Beeheeyem and Klinklang
Ghetsis is back, and his team is pathetic. He has Cofagrigus, Drapion, Toxicroak, Seismitoad and Hydreigon. All are 2 levels lower. What a hacker!
The Elite Four is the same, and the Champion is..... IRIS?!?!?!?!?!?
Iris will have Hydreigon, Druddigon, Aggron, Archeops, Lapras, and Haxorus. Be warned, level 57 to 59.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:13:03 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2012, 02:17:32 AM »
More to be updated. And I can't believe Iris is the champion. This is like Wallace, only this actually happens in two years.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:18:13 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »