Author Topic: Pokémon Topic  (Read 21093 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Re: Pokemon Topic
« Reply #285 on: February 13, 2013, 04:40:52 AM »
Well, if the translation convention for the Gen IV Eeveelutions is anything to go by, it'll probably be named "Nympheon" in English.  Not that I have any idea what that would have to do with any possible typing.

I've seen so many bizarre guesses at its type already, including Ghost (some sort of predatorial trickery is possible, I suppose, but GameFreak isn't known for being THAT clever), and a new Light-type.  No source has confirmed or even hinted at a Light-type to my knowledge, and why should there be one after well over a decade with no changes to the typing balance, which is perfect as is? Dark doesn't necessarily mean "absence of light" here, and Fighting and Psychic combined seem to do a perfect job of complementing the "evil" Dark-type.

Anyway, Nympheon is really too frilly to be anything other than a Normal-type (just looking at it called Clefable, Wigglytuff and the like to mind).  I'm still holding out for a ninth Eeveelution of hopefully the Dragon-type, since all the other post-Gen I introductions have come in pairs...
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #286 on: February 14, 2013, 11:50:18 AM »
It's named Sylveon, apparently. Whatever that Sylv- part means.

Oh yeah, since the Eeveelutions color corresponds to a certain type, what type could this be? I can't think of anything white, and pink is out with Espeon.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:59:49 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 15, 2013, 04:20:30 AM »
Well, there's a theory that this may actually be the shiny form rather than the regular form.  The crazy part of my mind also started thinking Bug for some reason.  Possibly the idea that the ribbons could be made of silk, the Japanese and French names containing the part "nymph" and "Sylveon" possibly referring to forests and/or the possibility for Silver Wind as an attack.  True, this is still a stretch and I'm still expecting Normal first and foremost, but Bug is starting to sound more likely to me.

Also, did we mention Gligar/Gliscor and Makuhita/Hariyama as returning Pokémon? The new footage confirmed both of those lines.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 01, 2013, 08:42:22 PM »
Grinding in Victory Road in Platinum is taking much longer than I wanted it to, thanks to having to change the roster again.  But on the plus side, I caught a Gabite in a Nuzlocke. >:3

I also have a shiny Vanillish that I just caught in Black 2 this afternoon.  Trying to come up with the best moveset for it, but since pure Ice-types don't really get a lot of coverage, I don't have that many options... Given that it's probably going on a Hail team, Blizzard, Flash Cannon, Signal Beam and Light Screen seems like the best choice.

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 08, 2013, 07:26:40 AM »
Has used Grumpig in the 3rd gen games? I have one in Ruby, but I'm thinking of dumping it because it learns no good Special moves besides Psychic. It's not like Psychic types are needed and it would do horribly against the Pokemon League (Dark+Ghost weakness and Steel nve)
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 08, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »
I've always favored Dragon- and Fire or Fighting-types for the Hoenn Elite Four, personally.  When I wrapped up my Ruby Nuzlocke, I had a team of Blaziken, Torkoal, Flygon, Altaria, Walrein and Wailord.  Unfortunately my Blaziken was the only survivor, but generally I felt like I had good choices for the team in spite of the random chance.  The only one I didn't really have much of a direct match for was Phoebe, but I made it past her by using generally strong moves like Water Spout, Ice Beam and Earthquake.

It can be easy to forget that none of her Ghost-types have Levitate, but if you have something good that can use Earthquake to its full potential, that's what I'd go for since Dark-types weren't really at full power yet in Gen III.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 09, 2013, 03:23:24 PM »
Guess who's back:

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2013, 09:56:32 PM »
They released a new form of Mewtwo...... I don't know how to feel about it.
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 09, 2013, 05:28:07 AM »
I'm a little torn too.  I do like the way it looks, but I'm only stuck wanting to like it because giving Mewtwo a new forme now seems so... forced.  It's just too much like Keldeo and Shaymin getting new formes to drum up hype for the movies (although in Shaymin's case, I would've just preferred that as the only forme).

I think the key to making an alternate forme feel natural is to introduce it alongside the main forme as part of the Pokémon's central theme (e.g. Castform, Cherrim, Sawsbuck, Rotom).  Giratina and Kyurem are the only ones where I like the addition of a new forme after their introduction, and I think it's because they became more central to those later games and there were a few hints at least for Kyurem... I remember looking at Black Kyurem and White Kyurem and thinking that I should've seen the formes coming, based partly on the main forme's lower base stats compared to Zekrom and Reshiram, but mainly on the Pokédex entries and the moves Freeze Shock and Ice Burn in B1W1's game data.

As far as my own game files go, I'm currently running through the Elite Four in Platinum, doing one battle each day this week.  That means Aaron and Bertha have already been defeated, and I'll let you know how things turn out when it's over. ;) I'm almost done in Black 2 on Normal Mode as well, after plenty of delays; I've got the entire roster of the Trick Room team, and all that's left is to farm for Shards to tweak the movesets, grind for the Elite Four and then search for the last few postgame TM's I need.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 11, 2013, 05:22:52 PM »

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 11, 2013, 11:36:06 PM »
Take this with a grain of salt (since it's only a rumor at the moment), but a FAIRY type?: http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/supposed-pokemon-x-and-y-insider-information

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

Offline NekoSuave

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Topic
« Reply #296 on: May 29, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »
I just finished reading through this thread, and I'm glad I'm not the only Nuzlocker on this forum. I've learned a few things from them, such as how hard it is to do a regular run once you've done a Nuzlocke, and how screwy the Gen 1 games really are. I'm doing a Nuzlocke on Diamond right now, and I've gotten two badges, but I've also lost two Pokémon (Alicia, a Bibarel, and Wade, a Meditite). I'm kind of worried that Maylene is going to take another Pokémon from me, so I've been grinding my team to make sure they're ready for her and her Lucario. I think they're at level 28 now, but I can't remember for sure.
Favorite Episode(s): The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, the Milk Bucket of Freydis, the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible
Favorite Team: Purple Parrots
Favorite Room(s): The Dark Forest, followed by the Lightning Room and the Shrine of the Silver Monkey

What if Legends was brought back in 2002? You get Legends of the Hidden Temple: Unearthed (updates every one to two weeks, on Wednesdays)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 11, 2013, 10:31:55 AM »
Take this with a grain of salt (since it's only a rumor at the moment), but a FAIRY type?: http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/supposed-pokemon-x-and-y-insider-information
Sylveon will be one of them. Gardevoir family, Marill family and Jigglypuff family to shift to Fairy type, too. It will be effective against Dragon type.

This is gonna change everything.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:40:38 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 11, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
"Jigglypuff will f****** kill? Hydreigon! Ooo baybe!"

This comment lmao

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 04, 2013, 07:44:40 AM »
We have a Steel/Ghost type SWORD Pokemon.