Author Topic: Pokémon Topic  (Read 21109 times)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
Re: Pokemon Topic
« Reply #270 on: January 08, 2013, 07:57:24 AM »

From what I can deduce:

They're bringing back Magikarp/Gyarados, Golett/Golurk, Mienshao/Meinfoo, Munchlax/Snorlax, Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade, the elemental monkeys, Patrat/Watchog, Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure, Psyduck/Golduck, Sneasel/Weavile, Audino, Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite and...... Pikachu/Raichu? Why?

Bug Type and Fire Type Gym for sure. I'm loving the looks of it.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2013, 09:11:53 AM »
Believe me, I'm just as disappointed about Pikachu coming back.  It's been over 15 years and it makes a lot more sense for the games to have a different mascot for each generation, rather than one for the entire franchise.  But with the way things are being localized this time around, I really hope the marketing teams start taking our older demographic into account a bit more.  They only really started to with the dialogue and story of the last two generations, but with the overall marketing...

Fixed the link on the other page, by the way.  I should've caught it sooner, but yeah.  Anywho, I think it makes sense if a lot more Generation V Pokémon come back because they haven't gotten a whole lot of screentime compared to the others.  Pretty happy about Gyarados, Dragonite and Kirlia coming back, and depending on how things go, I might end up using Golurk this time around, because somehow I never did and I'm disappointed with myself now.

Also wondering if any of the starters for X and Y are going to be dual-typed.  Fire/Dark might work for Fennekin and Grass/Poison seems kind of logical for Chespin since it seems to be porcupine-based.  I wouldn't mind if all three stay single-typed even when they're fully evolved, though, because sometimes the dual typing unintentionally upset that simple, elegant balance of Grass, Fire and Water.

EDIT: At the 1:01 mark, that looks like a third gym.  And judging by the wall illusions or whatever we can catch a glimpse of, I'm guessing it's either Psychic or Ghost.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:15:07 AM by The Ancient Warrior »
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 08, 2013, 05:20:17 PM »
THERE BETTER BE A DARK TYPE GYM! Still haven't had one!

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2013, 08:59:53 PM »
Lol. People are already criticizing the Pokemon's looks. These nostalgia creeps need to stop. :P
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 08, 2013, 09:10:29 PM »
So, to celebrate, I'm gonna go crazy on the Pokemon games from Gen 2 to Gen 5. Sorry, but Gen 1 is so broken.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 09, 2013, 11:54:13 AM »
Xerneas and Yveltal. That is all.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 10, 2013, 12:36:58 PM »
Not sure which one I prefer at this point, since they're both so majestic.  Can't wait to find out more about the typing, abilities, etc., but admittedly, which version I go with will probably have more to do with the other Pokémon in the games.  I originally went with White over Black because of the other version exclusives (no Gothita in White was the big one :lol:).

Haven't really made a ton of progress in Platinum since the last update.  I accidentally lost my Floatzel in a trainer battle on Route 222, but I had an extra Buizel in the PC and so I've been grinding her and my Rhyhorn day by day, and I just got Rhyhorn to evolve yesterday.  I'm also trying to chip away at Black 2, but it's been going pretty slowly.  I'm still looking for a Lapras with both Shell Armor and a Special Defense-augmenting nature near the Village Bridge, and it's been pretty damn tedious.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 11, 2013, 02:28:12 AM »
The Legendary X Pokemon is a stag - The X axis measures distance, so the stag will travel across land
The Legendary? Y Pokemon is a bird/dragon - The Y axis measures height, so the bird will fly up high etc
The third game will most likely be Z because X Y Z represent three dimensions - which would make perfect sense as this is the first 3D pokemon installment

Interesting.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 11, 2013, 03:06:10 AM »
Yeah, exactly.  And yet there's so many people either joking about the sex chromosomes or seriously thinking that's why the games are called X and Y. :lol: Granted, I think the Japanese logo does have a double helix in it, but the geometry theme seemed like an easy one to come to when working out the connections, since these legendaries present the largest contrast yet.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 19, 2013, 10:46:37 AM »
I have a save state for Champion Iris in case I ever wanted to relive the battle.

My Starmie annihilated all her Pokemon. It even froze every dragon. True story.

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2013, 09:17:34 AM »
Does anyone happen to have a Victini? I just need it for my Pokédex in Black 2 and I'll trade it back right after.
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2013, 09:21:25 AM »
Sorry, I'm using an emulator.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2013, 09:25:28 AM »
Ooh, you're subscribed to Kanto University.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 02, 2013, 05:15:09 AM »

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 12, 2013, 04:58:37 AM »