Poll

Who should've gone first in "The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl"?

Albert
1 (33.3%)
Jennifer
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Who should've gone into the temple first: Albert or Jennifer? (Blue Pearl)  (Read 713 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Who should've gone into the temple first: Steve or Lisa? (Alhambra)
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 03:19:16 PM »
Lisa should've gone in first. This is where it pays to send the slower players in first. If Steve had gone in second, this team would've had a much better chance at winning.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 04:38:28 PM »
Had Lisa attempted to go up to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, the final two minutes of the run would have ended up much differently.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 04:45:47 PM »
Lisa should've gone in first, no question about it. She didn't seem that bad until she entered the Tomb of the Ancient Kings. That's where the run took a turn for the worst. No way Steve would've botched the run that badly had he gone in second. Problem is, we don't know if the run would've ended in capture had this team progressed further than they did.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 05:40:52 PM »
I hate to end this one real early, but I think it is obvious that Lisa should've been the frontrunner in this run. They definitely would've had better success if the roles were switched. The reason I am ending this early because I want to look at another temple run next where the answer might not be so obvious. I will put the Alhambra results in the first post like usual.

The next one I want to look at is "The Missing Weather Maps of Charles Lindbergh"

Episode Name: "The Missing Weather Maps of Charles Lindbergh"
Front runner: Nick
Second runner: Kim
Temple guards: Ledges (avoidable), King's Storeroom (forced), Shrine of the Silver Monkey (forced)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:51:32 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
For this temple run, I think it is a hard decision. This temple run is similar to "Alhambra" where the frontrunner was very fast and left a good amount of time for the second runner, and the second runner screws everything up. The problem with this temple run is that Kim was such a bad player that I don't think this team would've had a chance to win. She only had two rooms to complete with 2:00+ minutes on the clock, and she didn't even reach the artifact with all that given time. If she entered the temple first, I don't think she would give Nick any time to make progress or reach the Dark Forest. The temple guard layout was set up where the front runner would've been taken out.

So for this one, my only suggestion would be to keep Nick as the frontrunner. Instead of entering the Ledges though, he would enter the Crypt and then get taken out in the Shrine. This would've been one less room for Kim to screw up in and she might've not backtrack all the way to the Observatory either. I really don't know if they would've won given this scenario, but that is because Kim was a horrible player. This is one of those runs where there is really no good outcome due to the layout and really bad player.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Due to the circumstances, I'd say Nick should've stayed the front runner. Like you said TRJ, this run was doomed once Kim set foot in the temple. :roll:

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Keep Nick as the frontrunner. If Kim had gone in first, she probably would've left Nick a minute at most. :roll:

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
I guess I'm going against the norm... I think Kim would have been a better frontrunner. She would have been forced to take the path Nick took, and there wouldn't have been any room to backtrack or pass up open doors before she got taken out in the King's Storeroom. In addition, those earlier room objectives were slightly easier (Laser Light Room and Jesters' Court rather than King's Storeroom and Shrine), so I think there would have been enough time for Nick to get to the Dark Forest and get at least part of the way out of the temple.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
It would've been a different story if Kim was slow, but she was both slow and stupid. I wouldn't have mind if she went in first if she was slow. But she was just unreliable and would've blown the whole thing. But then again PP4L/Dana brought up a good point in that maybe Kim would've done alright if she was the frontrunner with objectives to complete. If she followed Nick's path in the temple, most of the rooms (Laser Light Room, Crypt, and Jester's Court) were simple for the most part. But she would've probably left Nick with a minute left like Jackie mentioned. Nick would've really had to haul ass for this team to even reach the Dark Forest.  :roll:

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
It would've been a different story if Kim was slow, but she was both slow and stupid. I wouldn't have mind if she went in first if she was slow. But she was just unreliable and would've blown the whole thing. But then again PP4L/Dana brought up a good point in that maybe Kim would've done alright if she was the frontrunner with objectives to complete. If she followed Nick's path in the temple, most of the rooms (Laser Light Room, Crypt, and Jester's Court) were simple for the most part. But she would've probably left Nick with a minute left like Jackie mentioned. Nick would've really had to haul ass for this team to even reach the Dark Forest.  :roll:

Even though she would not have left Nick with a lot of time, I think Kim would have been better as the frontrunner because the earlier rooms were easier to complete AND there weren't any places prior to the King's Storeroom where extraneous doors opened. Kim's biggest problem, in my opinion, is that she took the wrong doors too many times (both into the Observatory and into the Secret Password). Had she been the frontrunner, she would have stayed on a single path without any places to deviate. Even though she may not have left Nick with a luxurious amount of time, it still probably would have been enough time to at least reach the Dark Forest. Keep in mind that Nick was a very competent player and would have only needed to complete the King's Storeroom and Shrine. It may have been down to the wire, but I think reaching the Weather Maps could have been pulled off.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
The Crypt and Laser Light Room was relatively easy, so there was no way for her to screw that up. I could see her having trouble with the Jester's Court though. But yeah, with a lot of locked doors in her path, perhaps Kim wouldn't have backtracked so much. But she did get lost in some silly places, like in the Laser Light Room where she wasted time trying to climb the ladder when the door was already open. Luckily Nick was very fast and smart though, so I could see a possible victory depending on Kim's competent level as a frontrunner.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Okay, I want to look at a different temple run now. The next one I want to look at is "The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl". I will fix the poll in just a second.

Episode Name: "The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl"
Front runner: Albert
Second runner: Jennifer
Temple guards: Treasure Room (forced), Tomb of the Ancient Kings (forced)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
When it comes to the Dragon Lady temple run, I honestly felt that Jennifer should've been the frontrunner.  Albert's main problem was that he stalled too much in the Treasure Room. Maybe it was due to the temple guard, but he did have trouble in that room though. And in the Shrine, he also messed up before he got his head together and actually picked up the pace. If Jennifer went into the temple first, I don't think the team would've wasted any time for mistakes like this. And with Albert as the second runner, he wouldn't have to complete hardly any temple objectives if he was the second runner. The only thing that would this team back from a temple victory is the layout though. Both players would have to make trips through the Well and the one room away guard was kind of unfair too. But I think they would've had a close victory if Jennifer entered first.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Honestly, I would've kept Albert the frontrunner. Sometimes it's better to send the slower players in first, and that's obviously what they did here. Besides Albert stalling in a few rooms, their main problem was the one room away temple guard. As fast as Jennifer was, she should learn to crawl.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I don't think Albert was necessarily a slow player. I think the temple guard in the Treasure Room messed up him up and he stalled to much because of it. He really started to pick up the pace though when he assembled the monkey. By then though, he already wasted too much time though. If he went in as a second runner, he wouldn't have to worry about any objectives (minus the Ancient Kings) and there would be no reason for him to stall anywhere. But when we get down to it though, the one room away guard was unfair and I don't know how much success a team would've had with their layout (which consisted of two trips through the Well), even if the players were David and Jennifer.

And yeah, Jennifer had enough time to reach the Blue Pearl. Although Kirk seemed convinced that they only way for her to reach it was for her to dive for it. So I do kind of blame Kirk.