Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 176706 times)

Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »
yah but the helmet had a feather so you could pick it up with your hand. with the smashed plate you would have to drag it through the pit. and plus the helmet was an easy layout. the smashed printing plate his a hellishly hard layout. solo victory was impossible

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2006, 11:33:03 AM »
In all honesty, the printing plate didn't really look that big to me... and it was thin as well. Essentially the layouts for The Much-Heralded Helmet and the Smashed Printing Plate were the same except there was one more room to traverse in the Printing Plate one (the Shrine-Forest doors opened, but Jason didn't take them) and there was temple gaurds along the way as well. It definitely was a harder layout than the Helmet layout though, not gonna argue that.... but really it wasn't THAT much harder.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2006, 04:40:36 AM »
The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack
The Water Bottle of Ponce de Leon

Two of the trickiest Temple layouts of all time today.  The second team comes within a ladder's distance of the artifact, before encountering the temple guard that would end up being their downfall.

« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2006, 04:52:26 AM »
the bifocal monical is one of those rare 3rd season layouts where its possible for a solo win. and the team fails misserably. just like the uselessmap of the chefta chieftan or the broken trident

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2006, 05:00:22 AM »
Yay, the Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack was on today! You guys know what this means?!? I have now seen EVERY EPISODE OF LEGENDS!!! Oh happy day! :P

So, now about the temple run of the Bifocal Monocle: It was very similar to a season 1 temple run in that it was dead-ends galore. Also, if the frontrunner didn't spend over a minute trying to climb out of the pit, they could've gotten very close.

As for The Ponce de Leon episode.... well, we all know how that turned out. Definitely one of the hardest temple layouts and there was definitely nothing they could do. Of course the frontrunner didn't really move that fast and he was confused sometimes, but honestly.... nothing... Well maybe he could've taken the Shrine-Tomb passage but that's it really.

No wait, actually, there is something. If they had started in the Cave of Size and met the first temple gaurd there, then the frontrunner would've been taken out in the Observatory. Then the temple gaurd in the Room of Harmonic Convergance wouldn't have mattered when the second runner would get there.

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2006, 05:39:47 AM »
That was an impossible layout unless they went into The Cave of Size and had two pendents, I always felt sorry for them when he ran in there and was caught

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2006, 09:34:23 AM »
Congrats, The Purple Parrot :D

Yup, both episodes were harder. I didn't think the Smashed Printing Plate or the Much Heralded Helmet were that big. By the way, how The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba & The Water Bottle of Ponce De Leon had the most number of accomplished room objectives (9), the Pendant of Kamehameha had 10. Just saying! The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack reminds me of the Silver Cannonball of Grandy Nanny.

« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2006, 10:33:22 AM »
hey your right

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2006, 10:41:04 AM »
By the way, how The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba & The Water Bottle of Ponce De Leon had the most number of accomplished room objectives (9), the Pendant of Kamehameha had 10. Just saying!

That is true on a team level, however, on an individual level, The Water Bottle and Tall Turban episodes still hold the record. 9 is the theoretical maximum for completed objectives by a single player, because a player is forced to go through two temple guard rooms by their tenth room entered. One could argue the Dark Forest evasion would raise that maximum, but, meh, I'm not taking it that far. :wink:

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2006, 09:40:12 AM »
The Shriveled Hand of Efoua
The War Fan of the 47 Ronin

And, two more disappointing Temple Runs.  We're majorly due for a win here.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2006, 10:17:18 AM »
The Shriveled Hand was one of those impossible layouts and The War Fan was lost because of a production error. They easily would have won if it wasn't forthat error that cost them like 35 seconds.

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2006, 10:20:40 AM »
i don't know elise was really slow and this team defanitly wasn't the smartest. and the just barly made it to the temple. plus it think this was the one of the first episodes recorded of the third season. olmecs squaky neck mouth and the prerun fotage support my theory

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2006, 11:18:42 AM »
Elise wasn't THAT slow... all she had to do was complete the objective of the Room of the Secret Password and get the fan and get out. With an extra 35 seconds, she would've done it easily. She made it to the room where Jeremy was removed even without those crucial 35 seconds.

Also, the skull in The Tomb of the Headless Kings was never placed in the ceiling compartments... it was always sitting on the chair with the skeleton. That stalled them too because Jeremy was trying to complete the objective when it was halfway completed for him.... the production should be ashamed of this episode.

« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2006, 11:47:21 AM »
wasn't that slow damien of the lost whalebone of pythies was faster. plus when she got to the room of the secret password she just looked around till time ran out. (partially becuse kirk was yelling slide down) but still this team did not deserve to be at the temple.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2006, 02:07:33 PM »
With 26 extra seconds (for the door being closed that long), I'm not sure she could've gotten out, but I'm sure Elise could've grabbed the War Fan. Kirk said "Slide down, slide down!" but wouldn't Elise still have to shout out the Secret Password? Or would she have to pull a Fredrick Douglas & just slide down?