0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Rate the Legends Artifact - Day 110: The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie  (Read 23911 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Artifact - Day 102: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
« Reply #540 on: December 07, 2014, 12:28:13 PM »
I gave Lost Hornpipe a 4. This artifact doesn't even look like a musical instrument. It looks like a sawed off part of it or something. :roll: Not only that, it looks like those instruments you play in your elementary school music class. And a musical instrument in general is a pretty boring idea for an artifact. I did like the legend though and the SoK was great. But the artifact is disappointing, especially for one of the best episodes ever.  :?

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Artifact - Day 102: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
« Reply #541 on: December 07, 2014, 03:35:58 PM »
Then you're not gonna like tomorrow's artifact. Enormous Feather. Let's see how many people rate THAT one high. :roll:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 03:42:24 PM by Paintbrush »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 07, 2014, 03:53:46 PM »
Seriously, isn't Enormous Feather one of the worst episodes ever? Pirate Captain had a terrible artifact but fantastic episode. But Enormous Feather had both a lame artifact AND terrible episode. And to think, Enormous Feather came AFTER the awesomeness called Lost Hornpipe. Two back to back episodes, but two complete opposites when it comes to the quality in episodes. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's artifact. And I doubt you are either. A feather? Whatever, I'll save that rant for tomorrow. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 07, 2014, 04:44:51 PM »
I swear there are some episodes that are so bad that there is nothing good about them even their artifacts. Bifocal Monocle, Snow Cone, Alhambra, and Cracked Crown had crappy artifacts and episodes. Enormous Feather is no exception either. Have we rated that one yet? Because that was such a lame idea for an artifact. :roll: It is something you would expect from Season 1. Not to mention, that production day had much better artifacts, particularly from the Red Jaguar episodes. I definitely hate the artifact AND episode.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 07, 2014, 07:58:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure we haven't covered Enormous Feather yet. I could always recheck this topic, but I don't remember it ever being covered. Regardless, with a 4.75 average, time to end the poll for "The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain."

Up next is "The Enormous Feather of the Mi Linh." :oops:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:00:39 PM by Paintbrush »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Artifact - Day 103: The Enormous Feather of the Me Linh
« Reply #545 on: December 07, 2014, 08:08:10 PM »
I gave this artifact a 3. If you thought the Lost Hornpipe looked ridiculous, this artifact is even worse. First of all, the feather is ridiculously oversized. Way too cartoonish, and impossible to take seriously. Second of all, it is dull as dirt to look at. I mean, the black and gold, which completely blends in with the room? Yawn. The feather looks like one those writing utensils people used back in the 1800s. And the pot that it is sitting in, looks like one of the ink jars from back then too. So.... that's cool I guess? And it is a feather after all. So technically, it does look like what it's supposed to look like. Other than that, hate the episode and hate the artifact.

And feel free to let me know if we have indeed already covered this. Because I don't recall at all. Which isn't really a bad thing considering the artifact. :afro:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 07, 2014, 11:39:10 PM »
You're right, we didn't rate Enormous Feather yet. ;)

And I gave Enormous Feather a 3. I can see one of the producers now walking in the park and picking up a random feather thinking, "Geez, we sure need a new idea for an LotHT plot. Let's  write something about this feather." Seriously, just a feather? :roll: That is something that I expect from Season 1, not towards the middle of Season 3. Although at least they had the decency to put it into some pot or whatever that is to hold it. Even though it has nothing to do with the legend. An at least it sort of lived up to its name. But I hate this artifact just like I hate this episode.  :evil:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:39:42 PM by Stone Marker »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 08, 2014, 12:59:07 AM »
Okay good. So no repeats here. ;)

And I agree. I mean, I do like the screencap with the feather being held in one of the King's Storeroom pots. Like I said in my reasoning, it looks like a writing utensil you'd see in the olden days. And the pot looks like an ink jar. Which I guess is a clever way to "hide" the artifact. But the feather is WAY too big, and ridiculously cartoonish. :roll:

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 09, 2014, 05:33:04 PM »
I gave it a 3. If they were going to do an enormous feather, they should have gone WAY over the top with it. It's somewhat underwhelming.
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 09, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »
And with a 3.50 average, time to end the poll for "The Enormous Feather of the Mi Linh." :oops:

Up next is "The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley." :mrblue:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave this artifact a 5. It looks like what it's supposed to, being manuscripts from a book. But the artifact itself is completely uninspiring. The legend was interesting, having to do with Frankenstein and everything. But the artifact completely bores me. I don't know, I just don't care for this artifact. And I really don't have a lot to say about it either.

And I promise, this is it for the Season 3 artifacts for a few days. Considering the past four artifacts we've covered were nothing but Season 3 artifacts. :lol: Tomorrow is a Season 2 artifact, so we'll have a little more variety there. :afro:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave the Mysterious Manuscript a 7. I actually like this artifact even though it is technically just a sheet of paper. It was one of the very few times where the producers actually put some detail and thought into the artifact. First off, the producers actually referenced Mary Shelley's work on the artifact inside of making it all scribbles like the Diary of Dr. Livingstone. Second, they did a pretty good job with making it look old with the wear and tear. And the red ribbon around the artifact was a nice touch too. Also, the name was pretty cool too. On the downside though, it is just a sheet of paper. :afro: But I think the producers actually did a decent job with this artifact, they were just missing something. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I do like how the paper/manuscript looked roughed up and worn. Since the tale of Frankenstein is a pretty old tale after all. And I also liked how the artifact actually shows the title of the book, all tied with a ribbon and all. Other than that, it was just a piece of paper, and the producers could've done a better job with the artifact. It was just missing something, like you said. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
It was also the only good horror-themed legend too. Not too ridiculous like Efoua and Mummified Hand's legend. It would've gotten a much higher score if they didn't put several pieces of paper together. But what saved it was that they put detail into the artifact. Unlike the Lost Love Letter which was just a dumb envelope. :afro:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Or all the "scroll" artifacts that Season 1 had. That was used multiple times throughout the season. :roll:

And I'm gonna change my vote to a 6.