Author Topic: College Life  (Read 10135 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
College Life
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 06:22:31 PM »
Good luck dude.

What's the class, might I ask?
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
College Life
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 06:25:49 PM »
Philosophy.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
College Life
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 06:26:02 PM »
Ah.

Well, good luck! :D
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
College Life
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 07:03:07 PM »
Quote from: ""The Bandit King""
Philosophy.

Lucky. I can't sign up for that class till second semester at my shitty community college.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
College Life
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 07:06:50 PM »
I need to get my schedule figured out myself... My AP Exam results might've thrown things off.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
College Life
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 07:28:58 PM »
Exactly. I've seen what drugs & alcohol can do to people, unfortunately, and I decided a long time ago against doing them.  I'll still have a blast, I'm sure--just without drugs and booze.

Oh, you sound just like me four years ago.  Granted, drugs are pretty awful and I don't recommend them, but it's okay to drink once in a while.

If you're going to drink in college - and I recommend it! - wait until you either turn 21 or are old enough where you're friends with a good number of 21-year-olds.  Getting caught for underage drinking is a major buzzkill and nothing anyone wants to deal with.

(Of course, I started drinking at 20, so this was a non-issue.)

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
College Life
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 08:35:03 PM »
Quote from: ""The Mandarin Hand""
Exactly. I've seen what drugs & alcohol can do to people, unfortunately, and I decided a long time ago against doing them.  I'll still have a blast, I'm sure--just without drugs and booze.

Oh, you sound just like me four years ago.  Granted, drugs are pretty awful and I don't recommend them, but it's okay to drink once in a while.

If you're going to drink in college - and I recommend it! - wait until you either turn 21 or are old enough where you're friends with a good number of 21-year-olds.  Getting caught for underage drinking is a major buzzkill and nothing anyone wants to deal with.

(Of course, I started drinking at 20, so this was a non-issue.)

Hello Mandarin Hand, I don't think we've met. I'm Toltendo and thanks for coming in the discussion I started.

So it would be a good idea to not drink when you're under the age. There's really no need to do that at school when you're so young. It's common sense, but then again, it seemed to be the most stupidest thing to raise the drinking age to 21. It really does nothing to help the prevention of underage drinking in colleges or anywhere else, it makes it worse and more people brake the rules. Now I don't drink alcoholic drinks, considering I'm 19. I think it makes a great social tool for parties, but colleges and college students do have to abide to the rules of age limit.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
College Life
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 08:37:36 PM »
Uh... Toltendo...?

That's Renegade Pancake.  He changed his name.

On a side note, I've already sampled wine (Gew?rtztraminer <3), beer, daiquiri, amaretto (<3) and a margarita.  And I'm only 17.  Mind you, I'm not THAT much a daredevil... It was either A] under parental supervision or B] in Europe, where the age is 16 and no ID is required.  And yeah, I plan on college parties and such, but I'm gonna try my best to be careful about it. (Seems tough, though.)

Might just go drive into Canada from time to time with friends for a drink when I'm 19, since it's legal then.

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
College Life
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 08:45:23 PM »
Quote from: ""The Ancient Warrior""
Uh... Toltendo...?

That's Renegade Pancake.  He changed his name.

On a side note, I've already sampled wine (Gew?rtztraminer <3), beer, daiquiri, amaretto (<3) and a margarita.  And I'm only 17.  Mind you, I'm not THAT much a daredevil... It was either A] under parental supervision or B] in Europe, where the age is 16 and no ID is required.  And yeah, I plan on college parties and such, but I'm gonna try my best to be careful about it. (Seems tough, though.)

Might just go drive into Canada from time to time with friends for a drink when I'm 19, since it's legal then.

Oops!

Also, I guess there are some exceptions to alcoholic drinking in other countries, it's just that I was focusing on the U.S. Don't worry, I live in my Legends bubble where Olmec is the wise professor and Kirk Fogg is the T.A. Sometimes I forget there are other significant areas that matter as well. But you understand my point, right?
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
College Life
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 08:56:49 PM »
Well, everybody seems to be closing in on starting school in the Fall. I will be starting on the 24th. It's gonna be a hot start, but it's gonna start all over again for me.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
College Life
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2009, 07:25:07 PM »
Well, I've moved into the dorms and I've been here for a week and a half. It's been tough adjusting, but I've made a lot of friends and I call home pretty regularly. Classes, you ask? Don't ruin my good mood... :lol:
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
College Life
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 11:54:45 PM »
College has been...eh, OK so far. :) It's not the best part of my life yet, but... I guess I'll just wait and see if it is.

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas
Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
College Life
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 01:44:32 PM »
I have to say that I still miss the environment of high school greatly because you actually got to play around a little more and got to goof around with the teachers, not in literal context. It's just that high school sometimes didn't feel passive. You get to know your high school teachers a little more over that one year. College feels like you go to class, take notes, listen to teacher/professor, leave class, and everyone's schedule is different from their preferences.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
College Life
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 06:20:05 PM »
I think I'm still in high school mode.  An example is that I said "school nurse" instead of "Health Services."

I move in tomorrow morning.  Upperclassmen volunteers called the "Goon Squad" help the new students with getting the stuff up to their rooms.

I'm also pretty happy about being in an open double.  I doubt I'm ready to share a dorm with two or three other men.

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
College Life
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2009, 07:23:52 PM »
Quote from: ""The Ancient Warrior""
I think I'm still in high school mode.  An example is that I said "school nurse" instead of "Health Services."

I move in tomorrow morning.  Upperclassmen volunteers called the "Goon Squad" help the new students with getting the stuff up to their rooms.

I'm also pretty happy about being in an open double.  I doubt I'm ready to share a dorm with two or three other men.

Well I'm still in high school mode as well. It's just that the structure of class planning has become more about for your preferences. It's like not all of the student body will be on the same time schedule.

Also, it seems that many of the students are starting to dress more like adults, which seems a little odd to me right now.

And the college students say that if you want to meet new people, socialize with others, and maybe make new friends, they recommend that you join a student group, club, meetings, cults, and college political groups. Everybody needs to study so that they can do da da da and all that good stuff.