Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 20543 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 03:38:46 PM »
I am pretty sure we all have terrorized the Cuccos before.  :mrred:

I love Kakariko Village also. Its such a mysterious small village that is built right near an ancient temple full of dead beings. I really wish they would've gave more backstory about the Shadow Temple, Bottom of the Well, and the rest of the village.  :o :P

And speaking of Ruto being naked, I heard they made her clothed for the 3DS version of the game. I am not sure though since I don't have that version of the game.  :o

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 03:45:10 PM »
I'm sure a picture of clothes Ruto is easily Googlable. I mean, there WAS a clothed Ruto like character in MM. She appeared right around the time you start Great Bay Temple.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 09:02:27 PM »
Just purchased OOT for the Wii. I might re-play it this weekend if there's nothing better to do. :P
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 10:14:02 PM »
Well, I just got done with the Deku Tree hoopla. And I got to say, both the dungeon AND boss were easier the second time around. I didn't peak at walkthroughs once and didn't have even a single death. Last time I played this, I died 4 times before I was done with the Deku Tree. :lol: I guess you can say I'm getting better at this game.

And I'm lucky I downloaded Project 64 and just played it on my computer. Saves me the time from buying the game itself and having to screw around with my brother's Wii to get it working. In Project 64, there's a section you go to where you can use cheats. The only one I've used so far is "Press L to levitate." It's only for the emulator I downloaded, I doubt you'll find cheats to those of you who use Wii. Yeah, I suck for using a cheat. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 01:08:43 AM »
Yeah, the Great Deku Tree is definitely not hard the second time around. The dungeon is kind of sluggish though with Navi giving you instructions in every room and almost every room has some sort of puzzle. Also, those mini Spiders were creepy as hell the first time you play through that dungeon.

As for me, I am at Death Mountain right now trying to get the Goron Bracelet. Now I have to backtrack all the way to the Lost Woods and get Saria's Song then race all the way back to Death Mountain. The early portion of the game is such a chore and I hate running between different areas to get one item. I cannot wait to get the warp songs. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 01:16:10 AM »
Dang, you're fast. And I still have yet to talk to Princess Zelda. :lol: I'll definitely do that tomorrow. And yeah, Navi was kind of annoying. I did appreciate some of the help she gave me, considering it's been over a year since I last played. Plus, my memory kind of sucks. But I got the hang of everything very quickly.

And yeah, I remember the Goron Bracelet thing. I also remember the Forest Song you have to learn from Saria. My favorite part of it all is the 1 minute dance the huge Goron dude does the second he hears it. So I guess it's worth it at the end. XD

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 01:17:34 AM »

Legend of Zelda? LEGEND OF LINK!

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 02:36:52 AM »
I personally like the Zelda part of the game where you must get pass the guards. The guards are so incompetent and the music that goes along with it was funny too. It was much better than the stealth part in the Deku Palace in Majora's Mask.

I already got the Goron Bracelet now from Darunia. And yes PPF, I got to see Darunia dance also. Who knew that a song could turn someone so wild? But it was still funny and changed the mood about the whole Death Mountain situation.

And before I go into Dodongo's Cavern, I am on my way to get the Sun's Song from the Royal Family Tomb. I admit that part legitimately scared me when I was younger. The ReDeads were fucking creepy back in the day and what the hell is that green stuff? Its like you can't get by that room without taking damage from one of those things. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 02:46:10 AM »
Ooooh I love that part! The music that plays when you have to get past the guard is one of my favorites in the whole series. Seriously, it's that catchy. I can listen to it all day and not get tired of it. Yeah, the guards are kind of dumb too. You can stand literally right in back of them, and they still won't notice you. I also like the "Zelda's lullaby" music. So calm and great.

And I remember the "Sun's Song" too. It's a catchy Ocarina tune, and it comes in very handy when you have to do a task at a certain day. And I hate the Redeads too. It's so annoying how they jump all over you and take away a lot of points off your health. Yeah, I really need to get with the program and catch up to you. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 01:30:53 PM »
ReDeads are annoying indeed and freaking creepy on top of that. I am not sure what the producers were thinking when they made that enemy.  :shock:

And yeah, you need to get your ass in gear and get to where I am at. j/k  :P But really though, I feel like I have hardly made any progress. I am still in Dodongo's Cavern at the moment and I just finished fighting those Lizard guys. I have not yet got the Bomb Bag yet and this dungeon is just so boring and hard to playthrough. The pacing for the child portion of the game is so slow.  :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 01:36:06 PM »
Here's an interesting topic that someone brought up on another site:

Do the Sages in OoT die at the end of the game? I mean after we complete their respective temples, we don't see the Sages again except only in the Sacred Realm. If you think about, it does make sense in a way:

Saria: She enters the Forest Temple and captured by the evil inside. I am assuming she would've died due to the monsters in the temple.
Darunia: We last see him entering Volvagia's Lair in order to stop Volvagia. When we fight Volvagia, we don't see him again.
Ruto: We see her in the Water Temple float off to the top of the temple, but don't see her again after that.  She might've been killed by the monsters in the temple.
Impa: She went off to the Shadow Temple in order to seal Bongo Bongo and the evil on the way. She probably got killed inside the temple once again.
Nabooru: We see her before fighting Kotake and Koume as an Iron Knuckle. But then the two Witches send her off to somewhere with a magical blast of some sort.

So that might mean the Sages at the end of the game are actually spirits and no longer own a physical body. I am not saying that any of this is true, but it is an interesting theory.  :o

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 03:59:05 PM »
Wow, that is interesting. :o It would sure explain why we never saw them again after their respective temples were complete. As for progress in the game, wow you're already halfway through Dodongo's Cavern? As soon as I resume playing, no more messing around. I'm gonna talk to the princess, get the bomb bracelet from the Gorons, then start the Cavern. It shouldn't be too tedious of a task.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 06:15:08 PM »
Did you guys just confess to abusing the chickens???

You're not alone. ;) I loved doing that in Link's Awakening and Link To The Past. It was absolutely hilarious getting slaughtered by them if they got attacked too much. :lol:

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 06:15:47 PM »
Also, can anyone direct me to an efficient place that has the official timeline?

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 06:29:17 PM »
Well, here's one I found:

Maybe not the best example, but it's the only timeline to me that has remotely any credibility.