Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 20537 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2012, 02:36:16 PM »
Honestly, 2/3 of the magic spells are useless. Farore's Wind is useful if you are saving at a certain point in the dungeon and want to return their later. Except that is usually not a problem anyways because you can open up shortcuts in most dungeons. Din's Fire is pretty good, but I have not found myself using that spell yet. Nayru's Love is too gimmicky and you get it way too late in the game to use it.
Yeah, what's the point of Nayru's Love again? You get it so late in the game, and I don't think I even used it very often last time I replayed it.

And I can't believe you are already an Adult now. I am just entering Jabu-Jabu right now and have not got the Boomerang yet. I guess I need to step my game up now. :mrred:

And PPF, I think you need he Boomerang to fight Barinade anyways, so you better get to finding it. ;)
Yeah, looks like I've finally caught up to you. :mrred: I think all I need to do is find the room with the Boomerang. Otherwise, if I messed up by not getting it first, I'll have to use cheats to get it. And I don't like using too many cheats unless it's to levitate. :?

Also...

Bombchu Bowling Alley  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :? :? :? :? :? :?
Stupid Cuccos! :roll:
I have a feeling I'm not gonna look forward to replaying that game. :roll:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2012, 02:41:21 PM »
Done with Forest Temple, and it's so sad to tell Mido about Saria's fate.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2012, 02:51:11 PM »
Forest Temple was pretty cool. Out of all the music this game had, I liked Forest Temple's background music the best. The boss is impossible though, I died 6 times trying to beat him last time I played this.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2012, 06:36:42 PM »
Oh, and I have a question about the Hearts. I'm about ready to fight Jabu Jabu's boss, and the walkthroughs on Zelda Dungeon shows Link having 8 hearts. I only have 6 hearts. How many should you get to fight the boss and not die too easily?

By the way, I finally got the boomerang. I had to use cheats to get both that and the map and compass. I didn't want to resort to that, but I had no choice. It was the only way I could move on. Besides that, I have covered every other room.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2012, 08:33:01 PM »
Oh, and I have a question about the Hearts. I'm about ready to fight Jabu Jabu's boss, and the walkthroughs on Zelda Dungeon shows Link having 8 hearts. I only have 6 hearts. How many should you get to fight the boss and not die too easily?

By the way, I finally got the boomerang. I had to use cheats to get both that and the map and compass. I didn't want to resort to that, but I had no choice. It was the only way I could move on. Besides that, I have covered every other room.
Should be enough to defeat the Boss.

Seriously, how did you advance so far without the boomerang?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:56:31 PM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2012, 09:53:54 PM »
I've got the magic bar enhancement already. Gee, you're all behind.

And yes, Volvagia was super irritating. And the colors were blinding. I'm just glad for the colors in the Water Temple. If only the map of it wasn't so confusing.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:56:03 PM by Red Jaguars Fan »

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2012, 10:05:21 PM »
Gohma: Too easy. Can beaten without a scratch and in one cycle. As in, immediately after it climbs up the ceiling.
King Dodongo: Easy again. The Julia. Shield is a blessing.
Barinade: Oh God, this was irritating. The Bari were hard to avoid, and it was hard to hit the main body.
Phantom Ganon: Not so hard like people said. Just move to the side and shoot when he leaves the picture.
Volvagia: Super irritating, but not hard at all. The Megaton Hammer is a blessing.
Morpha: Jesus, this one is super hard. Stop with the tentacles and the excessive movement.
Bingo Bongo: Not so hard. But when it clenches it's fist, it's irritating.
Twinrova: Ugh! The two witches need to stop moving so much. I can't aim at all.
Ganondorf: How long does the tennis have to take? Also, it's too easy when he uses the charging attack.
Ganon: They weren't kidding. This is super easy. He has too many weaknesses.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2012, 11:04:59 PM »
Well, I'm finally at the Forest Temple. And naturally, an adult now. Of course along the way, I stopped to get a few more heart pieces (I have 9 now), got Epona, and the hookshot. So I guess with the cheats I used, I automatically have the map, compass, AND keys to the Forest Temple. I sort of wanted to "earn" those keys, but I think there's a way to undo the "cheat."

I've got the magic bar enhancement already. Gee, you're all behind.
Yeah, I guess we are. I'm just surprised at how fast I've progressed in this game. I started this game three days ago and I'm already at Forest Temple. Last time I replayed this, it took me 2 weeks just to get to that point. XD I definitely want to get the bar enhancement now, but I know that will have to wait.

Gohma: Too easy. Can beaten without a scratch and in one cycle. As in, immediately after it climbs up the ceiling.
Barinade: Oh God, this was irritating. The Bari were hard to avoid, and it was hard to hit the main body.
Phantom Ganon: Not so hard like people said. Just move to the side and shoot when he leaves the picture.
Volvagia: Super irritating, but not hard at all. The Megaton Hammer is a blessing.
Morpha: Jesus, this one is super hard. Stop with the tentacles and the excessive movement.
Ganondorf: How long does the tennis have to take? Also, it's too easy when he uses the charging attack.

Gohma: Agreed. I think the only thing that hit me were those mini Gohmas.
King Dodongo: Agree, but it's annoying when it rolls around.
Barinade: Yeah, this one was REALLY irritating. Surprisingly enough, I didn't die once. I had maybe 2 hearts left when I finally beat it, but I didn't even need a fairy jar. And I still have some left over.
Phantom Ganon: I remember it being pretty hard, I'll just wait and see when I get to that point.
Volvagia: I found this one pretty irritating. If you get in the way of the fire, you'll lose A LOT of health.
Morpha: I actually found this one easy. In fact, when I last replayed this, this was the boss where I died the least.
Bongo Bongo: He was easy too, kind of annoying when he bangs his fists though.
Twinrova: This one was irritating, they move around too much like you said.
Ganondorf: I remember having a hard time with him, the constant swinging back and forth gets pretty annoying.
Ganon: I also had a hard time with this one, but again, I'll have to wait and see when I get there.

Needless to say, I've gotten A LOT better at this game since last replay. Before, I died 10 (if that) times before I even reached the peak of the game. But at this point, I haven't died once. And I swear I don't use cheats on bosses, just fairy jars. And even THAT isn't needed with me. I know this may not be totally impressive, but considering my death count (being 47) last time I played, it's still worth noting.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2012, 11:28:16 PM »
I'm going to the Water Temple now. Good luck to me because this is the worst dungeon ever.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2012, 11:35:37 PM »
Yeah...from what I remember, the Water Temple is a pain in the butt to get through.

I made it through the Deku Tree dungeon today. My goal is to make it through one dungeon a day on the weekends...which will probably come back to bite me in the backside once I get to later areas. :lol:
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2012, 11:53:18 PM »
Yeah...from what I remember, the Water Temple is a pain in the butt to get through.

I made it through the Deku Tree dungeon today. My goal is to make it through one dungeon a day on the weekends...which will probably come back to bite me in the backside once I get to later areas. :lol:
One day every weekend? You'll never catch up. :P

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2012, 12:08:01 AM »
Despite playing the Ocarina of Time on the N64 and having lots of fun, I've more akin to the Game Boy/DS versions of Legend of Zelda. Maybe it's because playing Zelda on a portable device have me more enjoyment in a portable device was more joyful than offering me a more visually appealing game on the big screen.

I think playing playing portable versions of the game now remind me as if I were reading a book and playing the console version was like watching a movie. It's ironic that I now read more and enjoy it, but hopefully there will be a new 3DS version of Zelda, other than the remake.

"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2012, 12:35:47 AM »

One day every weekend? You'll never catch up. :P
Yeah, that's like how slowly I played the game on last replay. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2012, 12:43:41 AM »

Gohma: Agreed. I think the only thing that hit me were those mini Gohmas.
King Dodongo: Agree, but it's annoying when it rolls around.
Barinade: Yeah, this one was REALLY irritating. Surprisingly enough, I didn't die once. I had maybe 2 hearts left when I finally beat it, but I didn't even need a fairy jar. And I still have some left over.
Phantom Ganon: I remember it being pretty hard, I'll just wait and see when I get to that point.
Volvagia: I found this one pretty irritating. If you get in the way of the fire, you'll lose A LOT of health.
Morpha: I actually found this one easy. In fact, when I last replayed this, this was the boss where I died the least.
Bongo Bongo: He was easy too, kind of annoying when he bangs his fists though.
Twinrova: This one was irritating, they move around too much like you said.
Ganondorf: I remember having a hard time with him, the constant swinging back and forth gets pretty annoying.
Ganon: I also had a hard time with this one, but again, I'll have to wait and see when I get there.

Needless to say, I've gotten A LOT better at this game since last replay. Before, I died 10 (if that) times before I even reached the peak of the game. But at this point, I haven't died once. And I swear I don't use cheats on bosses, just fairy jars. And even THAT isn't needed with me. I know this may not be totally impressive, but considering my death count (being 47) last time I played, it's still worth noting.

Here's what I think:

Gohma: She was a good first boss in the game. She was definitely not easy on your first playthrough, but she is still respectable nevertheless.
King Dodongo: This boss fight sucked and was annoying. All you had to do was throw a bomb in its mouth when it opened up and then hide in corners when it rolled around.
Barinade: There are way too many weak points for you to hit, so it makes it hard to try and attack the next weak target point next. Plus, its annoying when it moves around.
Phantom Ganon: The horse part is not too hard, but the tennis part gave me trouble. It takes good timing to reflect the energy blast back at him. It was still a good boss fight though.
Volvagia: I hate this boss fight, you can lose a lot of health from his fire breath. And the rocks are hard to avoid also.
Morpha: This boss fight is more frustrating and hard. It is hard to hook onto the nucleus because it moves around and then you have to worry about the other tentacles. But I found that you can drag the nucleus into the corner and slash it to death.
Bongo Bongo: This was a pretty easy boss for the fourth adult dungeon in the game. He was still creepy and fun to face though.
Twinrova: This was my favorite boss fight in the game. The witches were funny and the battle was very creative. It made use of the Mirror Shield very well.
Ganondorf: This was Phantom Ganon 2.0 but with different attacks. It was annoying to fall down to the bottom though after you stun him. :roll:
Ganon: The difficulty varies depending on how much ammunition, health, and magic that you have. But like mentioned, he has a lot of weak points to expose though.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2012, 12:48:32 AM »
I'm going to the Water Temple now. Good luck to me because this is the worst dungeon ever.

I personally don't find it to be the worst dungeon in the game. I mean it is a headache to try and find all the keys, but you will eventally find everything you need though. At least it has one redeeming point: Dark Link. I say that the Fire Temple, Dodongo's Cavern, and Jabu-Jabu were worst

Anyways, I am only halfway through Jabu-Jabu's Belly right now. What the hell? I never remember having this much problem. Its just so annoying to try and find those colored tentacles and defeat them to get to new areas. I am trying to find the green colored tentacle, but I just can't seem to find it. And it is so easy to mess up in this dungeon. I think I have fell down those "holes" in the ground five times now thanks to those jellyfish. And then you can't leave Ruto alone somewhere without losing her or giving you a hard time. F*** Jabu-Jabu's Belly, I hope you die from all of those creatures inside. :roll: