Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 19862 times)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »
Does anyone know where to get Nayru's Love?
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 09:03:03 PM »
I have read the Zelda timeline before. It is indeed and an interesting read, but you need to play some of the games in order to make sense of it. Most notably, you have to play Ocarina of Time because that is where the timeline splits in two. I am tempted to buy "Skyward Sword" for the Wii because I am more interested behind the history of Hyrule now. :mrred:

Does anyone know where to get Nayru's Love?

You can find it in the Desert Colossus, right near the dried up oasis. There is a Great Fairy Fountain located behind a crack in the wall that needs bombed. ;)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 09:59:59 PM »
Well, I have finally reached Dodongo's Cavern. And I'm already not looking forward to it. Just one question though: Do you have to get Sun's Song at this point of the game now? I'm just wondering, since TRJ brought it up earlier.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 11:21:20 PM »
You have to go to the Kakariko Graveyard with Zelda's Lullaby. At the top of the Graveyard is a giant tombstone with a Triforce engraving in front of it. If you play Zelda's Lullaby on it, the tombstone will be struck by lightning and then you can enter the Royal Family's Tomb to get the Sun's Song. Becareful though of the ReDeads. ;)

And at the moment I am on Zora's River headed into Zora's Domain. I guess I will need to get the Silver Scale first though. :roll:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 12:04:12 AM »
You have to go to the Kakariko Graveyard with Zelda's Lullaby. At the top of the Graveyard is a giant tombstone with a Triforce engraving in front of it. If you play Zelda's Lullaby on it, the tombstone will be struck by lightning and then you can enter the Royal Family's Tomb to get the Sun's Song. Becareful though of the ReDeads. ;)

And at the moment I am on Zora's River headed into Zora's Domain. I guess I will need to get the Silver Scale first though. :roll:
I think the Sun's Song is useful at this point for a piece of heart. And please, waiting for the king to move out of the way is worse.
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2012, 12:20:00 AM »
Yeah, I know how to get it. I'm just making sure I'm doing everything in the right sequence. Like, you got it just before you reached Dodongo's Cavern. And I still have yet to learn the song. As soon as I'm done with the Cavern, I'll go learn the song.

Speaking of Dodongo's Cavern, I'm done with every aspect of the dungeon. I just need to fight the boss next. Like always, I'm trailing behind TRJ. :lol:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2012, 05:19:00 AM »
I'm playing a new game. Yes, the child dungeons are boring, but Dodongo's Cavern isn't hard at all. You want hard, wait for the Water Temple.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2012, 05:44:31 AM »
Sheesh, I beat Gohma without getting a scratch.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 08:46:50 AM »
Hmmm... the ZeldaDungeon walkthrough isn't that great after all. Rushes too much.

It now makes sense why there were torches at the Lost Woods Goron entrance. You blow up the entrance with a Deku Sitck fire. No wonder Krappy Drabby (the owl's nickname from me) was talking about that stuff.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2012, 11:15:14 AM »
You know, there are multiple Links in the game. I wonder which ones are the same.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 12:05:28 PM »
I'm playing a new game. Yes, the child dungeons are boring, but Dodongo's Cavern isn't hard at all. You want hard, wait for the Water Temple.

Dodongo's Cavern is very linear and you pretty much know where you are going without having to worry about getting lost. All of the puzzles are self-explanatory too and aren't too complex like the later dungeons. I actually don't mind the Water Temple at all though. It is tedious and frustrating, but I like the challenge that th Water Temple tried to impose.

And at the moment, I just got Ruto's Letter in the bottle and now in Zora's Fountain about to enter Jabu-Jabu. For some reason though, I forgot to get a fish in order for him to open his mouth. And what were the producers thinking when they made that King Zora scene with him moving? Was that suppose to be funny to watch him move for about 30 seconds? I thought it was pretty annoying and dumb.  :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 12:10:43 PM »
Yeah, I know how to get it. I'm just making sure I'm doing everything in the right sequence. Like, you got it just before you reached Dodongo's Cavern. And I still have yet to learn the song. As soon as I'm done with the Cavern, I'll go learn the song.

Speaking of Dodongo's Cavern, I'm done with every aspect of the dungeon. I just need to fight the boss next. Like always, I'm trailing behind TRJ. :lol:

The Sun's Song is actually not required to beat the game at all. But it becomes very useful when you are traveling to different towns and areas and you need to change the time of day. It is also helpful against the ReDeads and mummy enemies. But yeah, there is a lot of stuff you can do in the game out of sequence. I am pretty sure you can get the Sun's Song as an adult. :o

Hmmm... the ZeldaDungeon walkthrough isn't that great after all. Rushes too much.

It now makes sense why there were torches at the Lost Woods Goron entrance. You blow up the entrance with a Deku Sitck fire. No wonder Krappy Drabby (the owl's nickname from me) was talking about that stuff.

I always figured that is what the torches were for. It is probably used as a shortcut to get to Saria in the Sacred Forest Meadow instead of going all the way back to Kokiri Forest. I don't think I have ever used them though because its hard to light a torch and light the bombs on time. But it is an interesting and time saving shortcut nevertheless.

You know, there are multiple Links in the game. I wonder which ones are the same.

I know OoT Child Link and MM Child Link are both the same Link. MM takes place shortly after the events of OoT and Link is trying to find Navi in MM.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2012, 06:35:02 PM »
Alright, @ current discussion:

- Gohma is a pretty easy boss. When I beat it recently, I didn't get scratched much at all either. It was those miniature Gohma's that knocked a point or two off my health, but nothing too heinous.
- Dodongo is a pretty easy dungeon, like I said above I still have yet to beat the boss. I remember him being a pretty tedious boss, but I think I'll be fine as long as I have a fairy in a jar.
- And yeah, ZeldaDungeon isn't that great of a place for walkthroughs. In fact, I found that it confused me even more last time I replayed it. But so far, I haven't had to use any walkthroughs at all. I guess I work better without them. I might need them for the adult temples though.
- I agree about that Zora guy taking 30 seconds to move over. I'm sorry, but how is that funny? It just looks ridiculous to me.
- As far as Sun's Song goes, I'm definitely gonna learn it after I'm done with Dodongo. and I need to learn Epona's song and get another bottle/jar at Lon Lon Ranch. I'm gonna need all the bottles I can get for the later portion of the game.
- And I just used those bombs to blow up the Goron/Kokiri entrance. Unless you're talking about before, where you use a lit Deku Stick blow them up. I didn't do it that way.
- And both OOT and MM's Links are the same, like TRJ stated above.

And LOL at "Krapper Drabby." :lol:

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2012, 11:32:29 PM »
I'll be starting my attempt at OOT tomorrow morning. I'll only be able to play it on weekends, so I don't know how much I'll catch up with you guys. :?
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2012, 11:34:02 PM »
Okay, quick question: I'm at Jabu Jabu's Belly now. Do you have to get the boomerang before you fight the mini boss? Because I just defeated it without the boomerang, so I'm wondering if that's okay? I was extremely lucky though, I used a deku stick and dabbed him twice with it. Plus, those bottles of fairies came in handy. I'm just wondering if doing without the boomerang during the mini boss is okay. I'm definitely gonna make it a point to get that next though.

On another note, man what a HORRIBLE mini boss. It seriously took me a half hour to finally beat it. Reminds me all over again why I absolutely loathe this dungeon. :roll: