Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 19860 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« on: July 10, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »
Perhaps this thread was long overdue since we have a discussion topic for other series like "Pokemon". And since there are quite a few Zelda fans on this forum, we could probably have a good discussion in this topic.

Anyways, after all this topic about OoT in the Main Spam topic, I had the urge to go back and play.  :mrred: Luckily, I still have my copy of OoT for the Virtual Console on the Wii.

At the moment, I am collecting all the items I need to enter the Great Deku Tree. I already got the Deku Shield and now I just need the Deku Sword or whatever it is called. Replaying this game reminds me of how big of a douche Mido was.  :roll:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 02:50:31 PM »
Good idea, though I swear there was this REALLY old thread discussing the Zelda games. But, we can always start fresh. ;)

Anyways, I've been thinking of replaying this game myself. Unfortunately, I don't have the "Project 64" version that I downloaded anymore. Since I lost everything in a really bad virus I got a few months ago. I think I know where to find it, I can easily Google it. And if I do end up replaying it, I could totally go to you (and vice versa) if we need help with a specific part of the game. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 01:25:30 AM »
I forgot how slooooooooooooow the first dungeon of the game is right now. I am inside the Great Deku Tree right now, and Navi explains EVERYTHING to you, even though most of it is common sense. Its really annoying for her to tell you about stupid details like opening a door. And then it took me ten minutes to get past that spiked pillar and water puzzle. Surprisingly, I still remember the code to get to Queen Gohma. :lol:

Now time to fight Queen Ghoma. :mrred:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 01:32:53 AM »
Dang, you're already fighting the Deku Tree boss?! :o Man, last time I played it, it took me 3-4 days just to reach the boss. But you're right though, Deku Tree is so tedious and slow to go through.

By the way, I found a site where I downloaded both the Project 64 emulator AND the game itself. I should probably start the game sometime tomorrow. I already have a lot of work to do before I catch up to you. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 01:36:48 AM »
The first part of OoT is so slow. I don't even like many parts of the Young Link part of the story. I hate Dodongo's Cavern and Death Mountain, there is too much traveling back and forth in order just to even get in a cave. And I am not even looking forward to Jabu-Jabu's Belly. :roll:

But yeah, I remember taking a long time to beat the Deku Tree the first time I played it. Admittedly, it was a really complex dungeon for the first dungeon of the game. I remember I couldn't get past the room with the Slingshot in it because I didn't realize you had to shoot the ladder down. :roll: And that spike pillar puzzle was annoying also. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 02:04:14 AM »
Well, the main reason I took my sweet ass time getting the first part of OOT done was because I kept wandering around the Kokiri (?) Forest. It's a habit I have, just dilly dallying around until I finally bring myself to get whatever task done. :lol: And I use walkthroughs if needed. Overall, I don't mind the Deku Tree dungeon, even if it takes forever to finish. The Dodongo Cavern wasn't that great, and I personally hated Jabu Jabu's belly. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 02:44:34 AM »
Yeah, the Great Deku Tree dungeon was a good starting dungeon. It provided a good tutorial that didn't hold your hand through the whole temple. And there were some pretty complex parts to it also.

Dodongo's Cavern was forgettable, but it was definitely the most boring out of the bunch and the most linear also. I hate the King Dodongo fight also.

Jabu-Jabu is my least favorite though. While it was an interesting dungeon, I just hate everything about it. The enemies are annoying and I hate fighting those tentacles. And then you have to fight that giant Octopus. That fight was REAL hard the first time I faced him. Barinade was also a bitch to take down since you had so little hearts at that point in the game. And Ruto was a pain in the ass too.  :roll:

The Young Link portion of the game is more interesting later with the Bottom of the Well and the Spirit Temple.

The Bottom of the Well is so freaking creepy and I don't even want to know what went on down there.  :shock:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 07:04:45 AM »
So, who here hates Ruto? And more importantly, who is dumbfounded at her being a Sage?
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 10:41:36 AM »
So, does anyone play Twilight Princess?
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 11:43:24 AM »
So, who here hates Ruto? And more importantly, who is dumbfounded at her being a Sage?

*raises hand*

I hate Ruto also. I hate carrying her around Jabu-Jabu's Belly and it is so easy to lose in her many places, like in that room with all the Jellyfish and all the fleshy holes in the ground. And she then gets mad at you when leave her behind or drop her. Its just a chore to carry her around. As for her being a sage, I was not surprised at all. I mean Saria and Darunia were sages, so there was no doubt that Ruto was a sage. As for why she was chosen to be sage, I would like an answer for that too.

So, does anyone play Twilight Princess?

I have played the game before, but that was a long time ago. It has a feeling similar to OoT, but there are different gameplay mechanics and characters in the game. But when you play it, there is just so many similarities to OoT.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 11:46:41 AM »
I just left Kokiri Forest right now in OoT. And then I ran into my most hated character in this game next to Ruto... that FRIGGIN' OWL!  :? :roll:

I forgot how much I hate him. He is worst than Navi and Ruto combined. I hate how he asks you to repeat the stuff he says to you again. I accidentally hit "Yes" and I had to scroll through his story again. Oh well, onto Kakariko Village. :roll:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 12:05:40 PM »
I just left Kokiri Forest right now in OoT. And then I ran into my most hated character in this game next to Ruto... that FRIGGIN' OWL!  :? :roll:

I forgot how much I hate him. He is worst than Navi and Ruto combined. I hate how he asks you to repeat the stuff he says to you again. I accidentally hit "Yes" and I had to scroll through his story again. Oh well, onto Kakariko Village. :roll:
Kaepora Gaebora aka the owl who states the obvious. :roll:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 12:10:35 PM »
As for the Sages:

Saria: Understandable since she's Link's friend and understands the spirits.
Darunia: As the leader of the Gorons, of course.
Ruto: Just because she's a princess. Yeesh.
Impa: As the leader of the Sheikah and being wsie, this is a given.
Nabooru: Second in command to Ganondorf and steals only to help the misfortunate, it's understandable.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 03:28:03 PM »
IIRC, the game states that the temples in their respective areas are the ones that choose the Sages for each temple.  So people like Saria and Darunia had no idea that they were Sages at the time because they were not awakened yet. It was only when Link defeated the evil inside the temple was when the Sages were finally awakened. Anyways, here is my reasoning behind why each person was chosen as a Sage:

Saria: Out of all the children in Kokiri Forest, she was the one that was the most knowledgable and connected with the Forest. She knew many things other people in the forest didn't know and even knew information about outside of Kokiri Forest. It is only fitting for her to be Sage.

Darunia: He was a strong warrior that was willing to sacrifice his life for his own people. He is also part of a line that includes a Legendary Goron, so he has deeper roots than any other Goron in Death Mountain.

Ruto: I agree with you on this one. I am not sure why she was chosen to be a Sage other than the fact that she is part of a royal lineage. But I guess the choices were between her and King Zora. King Zora was too oblivious and incompetent to be a Sage though, so I guess Ruto was the next best choice.

Impa: She was the protector of the Royal Family and opened up Kakariko Village for the less fortunate. She was also very strong and had a good knowledge of Hyrule's past. It was so obvious that Sheik knew that she was the Sage.

Nabooru: While she was second in command for a group of thieves, she didn't approve of anything that Ganondorf was doing. She was willing to thwart Ganondorf's plans in order to save her own people from his crimes. So in a way, she was wise enough to look past her position and cared for her people. So her cause was to help the less than fortunate ones where Ganondorf was committing crimes to get his own way.

So yeah, out of all those Sages, Ruto was the one that made the least sense. :o
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:29:46 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 03:32:15 PM »
Okay, in a nutshell:

- Yes I also hate Ruto. I hated carrying her around, and she was so annoying. Plus, she looks like she's a butt naked human being. Creepy.
- TOTAL WORD on that owl too. I hate hate hate hate hate HATE that owl. He always follows you around and states the obvious. It's like, STFU and let me play my game, okay?
- I love Kakiriko (sp?) Village. I remember when I was a kid I used to purposely terrorize the chickens. To the point where they'd get pissed off and attack you. I know, I was a sociopath as a kid. :lol:

I can't wait to reply this game. I'll probably start sometime tonight. :P