Author Topic: The Purple Parrots  (Read 576 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
The Purple Parrots
« on: September 25, 2012, 06:08:29 PM »
Why do people like the Purple Parrots so much?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 06:15:44 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: ??
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 06:10:42 PM »
Because when I first watched this show, my favorite color at the time was purple. That's why I always pulled for the Purple Parrots. :mrpurple:

By the way, not to nitpick, but wrong board. ;)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: ??
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 06:15:21 PM »
Moved to the Heart Room. Please be careful where you put topics. The Heart Room is where Legends discussions go, The Dark Forest is for more off topic stuff. And please title your threads a little better than "??" Fixed in the OP.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: The Purple Parrots
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 06:17:35 PM »
Moved to the Heart Room. Please be careful where you put topics. The Heart Room is where Legends discussions go, The Dark Forest is for more off topic stuff. And please title your threads a little better than "??" Fixed in the OP.

But I still have to click on the question marks whenever I see this topic get a new post on the home page. :?

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 06:18:18 PM »
Disregard that. Seems that the problem is fixed. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 06:21:01 PM »
Yeah, I don't know where you got that, because it still shows up as "The Purple Parrots" for me.

Anyways, I like the Purple Parrots because I like their team color and the color purple itself. Even when I was young, I was always drawn to Purple. I know they're generally known as "the loser team," but I like the underdogs. Some of their runs were actually pretty good.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 01:08:42 AM »
I actually don't mind the Purple Parrots at all, they are like my third favorite team after the Barracudas and Jaguars of course. I guess that whole "underdog" feeling like mentioned above is part of it. Also, most of their episodes stand out more compared to other teams. The few episodes where the Parrots that made it to the temple had some strong teams to.

Although if only they didn't lay an egg to certain teams in the temple games, then they might've had more wins on the show. ("Butch Cassidy", "Me Linh", " :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:", "Golden Ship", "Lily-Crested Crown", "Lost Taj Mahal Turban", "Madame Tussaud", "Queen Boadicea", and DEFINITELY "Cricket Cage".) Or they would've at least done better than the other teams in those episodes. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 01:49:38 AM »
Queen Boadicea was Red vs. Green in the temple games. And I thought the Taj Mahal Turban and Golden Ship kids deserved to go to the temple in their respective episodes. They may have had their moments, but they weren't THAT bad of a team.

Not to mention, when the Purple Parrots DID go to the temple, they usually had teams that dominated every pre temple round. Teams like "Leopard Skin Cloak" and "Billy the Kid" are perfect examples of this. Plus, 6/11 of their temple appearances were 2 pendant runs. That's pretty good for an underdog team, not many other teams accomplished that.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 02:58:41 PM »
I meant "The Crown of Queen Nzinga" team.  :oops: :oops: :oops: I am not sure how I got this mixed up with "Queen Boadicea" since they have nothing in common except having "Queen" in their title and both are Red Jaguar runs. At least the Purple Parrots wouldn't have passed the obvious half-pendant like Renee did.

I am not sure why I mentioned "Taj Mahal Turban" now that I am reading my post again.  :P I mean they did fine in their episode and even the temple run had them finishing one room away. As for the "Golden Ship" kids, I am sure the Purple Parrots would've wouldn't have been so slow in the temple and might've actually avoided one of the temple guards. Not to mention, if they won their final temple game, they would've gone to the temple with two pendants. But it was a very unusual temple layout anyways.

I am surprised though that I forgot to mention "Amelia Earhart" and "Xerxes". Those two teams were beyond pathetic and no way could've the Purple Parrots have done just as bad. :P And this might not be a popular opinion, but think the Purple Parrots in "Attila the Hun" would've done better in the temple too.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 03:35:43 PM »
I always include "Attila the Hun" in my honorable mention of better Parrot teams that lost the temple games. But it's only honorable mention to me because it's a more forgettable episode anyways. I also agree about "Golden Ship," since the Red Jaguars barely beat the Purple Parrots 1.5-1. I'd put them in my honorable mention as well, along with "Melted Head."

I definitely agree about "Lucky Pig" and "Marble Armrest" too. As impossible as their respective layouts were, no way would the Purple Parrots have done a worse job than the other teams. The results would have been much better, even if the Parrots had lost too.