Author Topic: Individual Ranking System  (Read 24831 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Ranking System
« Reply #345 on: March 27, 2014, 12:11:54 AM »
I updated my list for most of the Season 1 episodes. The list may look like an eyesore right now, but I promise I will find a way to make it look better. I stopped at Stone Marker and I will finish with the rest of Season 1 later. Hopefully I got everyone's ranking for each episode. Let me know if I missed someone. ;)

Also, I know I am going to do Sultan Saladin next now. Why? Because THK has Lea with an overall score of 5.2. Meanwhile, Lisa has an overall score of 6. -_- Tell me how does that make sense? A strong temple player all day over a player who really didn't belong in the temple in the first place. Oh yeah, let's give Lea the same temple score as Gabby and Joe who only went through 4 rooms.  :roll:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 27, 2014, 12:56:53 AM »
Seriously, how is it even remotely possible that Lea gets an overall score of 5.2, yet Joe, Gabby, and even Bobby from Shaka Zulu rank higher than her? Oh that's right, because Lea didn't move fast supposedly and "took a direct path." I can't wait until you rank Lea, I might even rank her as well, to see if our rankings stack up.

Oh, and do you mind if I continue to update the list for you? ;) Especially with runs like Leopard Skin Cloak and Sultan Suleiman, who have been ranked by multiple people. If you don't want me to update it though, then I'll leave it alone.

EDIT: Okay, I updated your list up until Anne Bonny. Feel free to change it or erase it if you feel like the update is out of place.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:42:55 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 27, 2014, 01:44:37 PM »
As a a matter of fact, thanks for updating the list for me.  :mrred: I was going to finish Season 1 last night, but fell asleep early. I am going to work on Season 2 later also. So far, it looks like most of us are getting near the same score as another user. I think once I complete the list for every episode, I will make a table out of it so it will be easier to see. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 27, 2014, 03:35:10 PM »
Same score as another user? What do you mean by that? Sorry I'm slow. :lol:

And a table would be a great idea. It would make the table easier to read. As for who I'm gonna rank next, I think I'm definitely gonna rank Sultan Saladin next, after you rank them. And I'll be extra generous to Lea too, at least I'll try to be. ;)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #349 on: March 27, 2014, 04:57:04 PM »
I updated my list for most of the Season 1 episodes. The list may look like an eyesore right now, but I promise I will find a way to make it look better. I stopped at Stone Marker and I will finish with the rest of Season 1 later. Hopefully I got everyone's ranking for each episode. Let me know if I missed someone. ;)

Also, I know I am going to do Sultan Saladin next now. Why? Because THK has Lea with an overall score of 5.2. Meanwhile, Lisa has an overall score of 6. -_- Tell me how does that make sense? A strong temple player all day over a player who really didn't belong in the temple in the first place. Oh yeah, let's give Lea the same temple score as Gabby and Joe who only went through 4 rooms.  :roll:
And this is why I add weight to later rounds.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 27, 2014, 06:05:46 PM »
I don't really rank based on weight, but I'm a lot more generous to most players. Even if they do supposedly make a bunch of mistakes.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 28, 2014, 01:03:25 AM »
I don't try to weight the player rankings either. I am kind of generous in my rankings too, but that is because I don't go around and nitpick with every contestant over every little flaw. I mean why exactly would I give Damian from Lost Gold Mine a really low score in the Steps? Sure, he didn't answer any of the questions. But that doesn't mean I am going to make him look bad and give him a 1. Same with his temple score. He may have only lasted 3 rooms, but he was super fast and knew what he was doing. It's not like he knew where his temple guards were.

THK was way too inconsistent in his rankings. He gave Jennifer a 6 in the temple, and also gave the same score for each of the Golden Ship kids. How does that make sense? I don't blame Gabby and Joe for the outcome of that run, but they lasted long enough to show us that they were slow. Same with Steve from Alhambra and Robbie from Kamehameha. Steve gets a 10 in the temple and he only lasts 4 rooms, and Robbie covers the same amount of rooms and gets an 8. Yeah that totally makes sense. We won't even mention Bobby's temple score in Shaka Zulu...  :?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:06:40 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 28, 2014, 01:20:28 AM »
Steve didn't actually last four rooms, Robbie did. ;) But yeah, Steve's temple score was way too generous. Though Steve's artifact was very far into the temple, being in the Dungeon. And Robbie's artifact was closer in the Spider's Lair. So I could kind of see where he was coming from there.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 28, 2014, 11:41:35 PM »
Time for another team ranking, and this time I did the "Sultan Saladin" teams.  :mrsilver: I used the same format as I did in Chandragupta, so hopefully it won't be too confusing. ;)

THE Star of Sultan Saladin

Lea  
 :snakes2:  
Steve  
:snakes2:
Moat7Moat8
Steps of Knowledge8Steps of Knowledge9
Individual Game5Individual Game8
Team Game7Team Game8
Temple Run8Temple RunN/A
Overall Score:7.00Overall Score:8.30

Leslie  
 :jaguars2:  
Tom  
:jaguars2:
Moat7.5Moat8
Steps of Knowledge8Steps of Knowledge8
Individual Game6Individual Game6.5
Team Game7Team Game7
Overall Score:7.13Overall Score:7.38

NOTES:
This episode reminds me a lot of "Chandragupta". It is a great episode and win overlooked due to being a little on the forgettable side. But it is a solid episode and I can't find anything wrong with it. Judging from the rankings, both teams were solid all day. I was not trying to be generous to any of these teams, they just happened to finish with good scores. The moat was pretty quick in this episode, and neither team really struggled that much. I gave Lea a slightly lower score because she was a little slower than the Red Jaguars. The Steps of Knowledge was also all about the Red Jaguars and Silver Snakes. I enjoyed the teamwork between Lea and Steve in this round. Steve whispered all three answers to Lea, and they swept the Steps of Knowledge for the second spot.  :mrsilver:

The temple games featured in this episode featured close competition between the Red Jaguars and Silver Snakes. In the first temple game, Steve was a monster at climbing the wall. He almost got all 6 bricks down before time was up. Tom on the other hand was sloppy and kept dropping his bricks and climbing down pretty inefficiently. The second temple game was tough for both female players. Both Lea and Leslie struggled really bad to reach the soldiers at the top. It wasn't until there were 10 seconds left where Leslie grabbed the only one during the whole game and won it 1-0. While the score was kind of sad, you can't blame the girls for how this one turned out. It almost ended in a scoreless tie like in "Genghis Khan". The last temple game was hard to evaluate for Leslie and Lea because all they had to do was throw their balls at their partners. I gave them a decent score because most of the time they were accurate. Steve earned a higher score than Tom because he did a better job "leaning in" to collect the balls. On a side note, Kirk miscounted the number of balls the Silver Snakes collected. They actually collected 12 balls, not 11. Luckily, it didn't screw them over. :?

Just like I did for Andrea, I gave Lea a good score in the temple. For an early Season 1 runner, Lea did a solid job in the temple. She rarely hesitated and was always trying for the shortest route possible. Unlike most Season 1 contestants who went into any room where the door opened. Even with her room objectives being a little easy, she still had a long path and tried using shortcuts. Unlike other members, I don't scrutinize her for the direct path or easy layout. Some fans like getting off to "Geronimo" or "Shaka Zulu", but "Sultan Saladin" is much better than those runs. I am not sure why people find those solo victories amazing. I think that the 8 score for Lea is justified.  :mrsilver:

Overall, this was a solid episode for Season 1 standards. As you can tell, all of the players ranked higher than a 7. I am not sure what episode THK was ranking when he ranked these players, but they were strong all day! Especially Lea having such a low score overall. She was the "Star" of this episode along with her partner Steve. Steve ranked the highest out of anyone and he didn't enter the temple. I love this episode a lot and it reminds me of Chandragupta in many ways. But unlike Chandragupta, this one sort of gets unnecessary criticism. Plus, this episode was part of the hilarious "Legends Redub".

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 29, 2014, 12:39:43 AM »
Yay, you've posted the rankings! :mrsilver: And Sultan Saladin is an excellent Season 1 episode. What a coincidence I just watched this episode today too. All four players were great, especially Steve. Imagine what he would've been like in the temple. :shock: I also like how you pointed out the awesome teamwork between Steve and Lea on the Steps. Yet somehow Lea got a "2" for NOT actually literally ringing in? Steve rang in, Lea answered the questions, even one on her own without Steve's help. I have no idea what show THK was watching here. :? And the temple run was solid. While Lea did hesitate a little in the Wall Climb, she never got turned around again and did an great job in the temple. I have no complaints about her whatsoever, and I'm glad you ranked her, and all the other players well to.

Great rankings overall. ;) I'm also gonna rank Sultan Saladin. I'll probably post my rankings of them either later tonight or tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how both our rankings compare.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 30, 2014, 12:00:37 AM »
And without further ado, here are my rankings of Sultan Saladin. :mrsilver:

THE STAR OF SULTAN SALADIN

Lea:
Moat: 7
Steps of Knowledge: 8
Individual Game: 5
Team Game: 7
Temple Run: 8
Overall: 7

Steve:
Moat: 8
Steps of Knowledge: 7
Individual Game: 9
Temple Run: N/A
Overall: 7.75

Leslie:
Moat: 8
Steps of Knowledge: 7
Individual Game: 5
Overall: 6.75

Tom:
Moat: 7
Steps of Knowledge: 8
Individual Game: 7
Team Game: 6
Overall: 7

NOTES:

This was a great episode, especially for Season 1 standards. :mrsilver: The moat was very quick, where none of the four players here had too much trouble. The Steps of Knowledge was a double sweep between the Red Jaguars and Silver Snakes, in which both teams were very smart. I especially liked Lea and Steve's teamwork here, where Steve rang in and whispered the questions, and Lea said them out loud. In fact, Lea even got a question on her own even without Steve's help. Remind me again how she got a "2" for the steps for not actually literally ringing in herself? The temple games were a solid match too. Both Steve and Tom moved like lightning in their temple game. The only problem was Tom's sloppiness of dropping his bricks and not making it into the basket. But both players gave it forth the great effort and still ranked well there. On the other hand, both Lea and Leslie struggled immensely in their temple game. I feel like giving them a "5" was fair enough since they both tried to grab one of the soldiers from atop of the soapy ramp. But let's face it, traversing that ramp is never an easy feat. And unlike in Genghis Khan, it wasn't a scoreless tie with Leslie beating Lea 1-0. So it's not like the game was a total wash out. Not much to say about the team game, except Lea and Steve ended up beating Leslie and Tom 11-10, and ended up going to the temple! And the temple run itself was great. So what if Lea tried for a direct path? That so called flawed plan of hers WORKED in her favor, as you can clearly see a temple guard squatting down in the Cave as Lea exits the temple. And the guard was so clearly cheering her on too. :lol: Aside from minor stalling in the Wall Climb, Lea never got turned around again, and did a solid job in the temple. She moved fast, and knew what to do in every room. And that helped her score the first ever solo victory with 27 seconds left on the clock. :mrsilver: Once the temple run was over, Kirk kept on interviewing her, and asking her silly and irrelevant questions like "Are you gonna think of the temple guards while you're on vacation?" Way to ramble on and on, Kirk. :roll: Temple runs don't get any better than this.

And there's my rankings on Lea. As you can see, she ranked WAY better than when THK ranked her. I hope my rankings of her, (and everyone else for that matter), was generous and fair enough. Feel free to give me your feedback. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 30, 2014, 01:42:47 AM »
Sultan Saladin is a strong episode that featured two strong teams. Lea finished with the exact same as I came up from her. I still don't understand THK's reasoning behind giving Lea a "2" in the Steps.  :? She answered all 3 questions correctly, even if Steve gave her the answers to tell Kirk. I actually like the team effort by the Silver Snakes and thought it was clever. My favorite part is that he gave the Silver Snakes boy in "The Trojan Horseshoe" a "3" in the Steps... and that same player got 3 questions wrong. How does this make sense again? :roll: The temple games were great too. Tom, the Red Jaguars boy, was so awkward in this episode. When he is talking to Kirk and giving his answers in the Steps, he always make this weird face. :lol: The only weak part about the temple games was Lea and Leslie's temple game where the game almost ended in a 0-0 tie. Lea started off well in that game first, but she fell down and couldn't make it back up. Leslie wasn't much better herself and got the last soldier with like 8 seconds left. This temple game always seems to be hard anyways. Unless you are Danny and Tara. :P

The temple run is a classic and it is the only solo run I like in Season 1. I think an 8 was great because Lea was smart for a Season 1 contestant. I really don't understand the direct path jabs that she gets. She may have tried for a direct path, but she was from Season 1 AND she avoided a temple guard. That is a plus in my book. Plus, she was always trying for shortcuts too. Other than the small hesitation in the Wall Climb, she did great in the temple and scored a win with almost 30 seconds left. I personally love the long post temple run interview too. I wish this happened more often instead of Kirk cutting to the credits. Poor Lea looked like she didn't want to hear anything Kirk said. :lol:

Overall, Sultan Saladin is a solid episode and one of my favorite episodes from Season 1 and on the show. One thing you and I both have in common with our rankings was that both the Red Jaguars and Silver Snakes were a good team. I am glad Lea ranked high for you also because she totally deserves it. I am not sure in what lifetime where THK thought that a 5.4 was fitting for Lea. Especially have her ranked lower than LISA. And speaking of Lisa, I am thinking about ranking Alhambra next. I really want to see if Lisa and Steve are as great as they are cracked up to be.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 30, 2014, 01:47:46 AM »
The only difference between Lea and Silver Snake boy from Trojan Horseshoe is that the latter player was an idiot on the Steps. Now THAT guy is someone who totally deserves to rank low on the steps. :P Funny thing is, me and THK have totally different scores for Lea, but we completely agreed with Steve's score, right down to a T. Same with Tom, the Red Jaguar boy. Weird how that turns out. :shock: In fact, you and I both ranked Lea exactly the same in every round. And I swear I didn't copy you either. :lol:

And good luck ranking Steve and Lisa. You're totally on your own for that one, as I don't have Alhambra ranked. But I'm probably gonna rank John Sutter next. I promised I'd have that one posted, so I might as well post it. Unless you have any requests? ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:24:01 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 30, 2014, 01:52:32 AM »
Luckily, I know most of Alhambra by heart. So it won't be too painful to go through that episode again. I just need to rewatch the Steps of Knowledge to rank the players. I don't think I will be giving Steve a 10 in the temple. While he cleared his path at a amazing speed, the hit the actuator rooms were really generous to him also. I think a 10 is for a player that goes beyond expectations.

You should definitely do Lost Gold Mine next too. I have a feeling your rankings for Jennifer and Damian will be closer to mine and PP319's.  :mrblue: This is an episode that never gets old rewatching either. This episode is basically Blue Barracuda Pwnage.

And since you asked for requests, why not rank Golden Cricket Cage? Seriously, it will be interesting to see how you rank John and Tia. And the Purple Parrots in that episode too. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 30, 2014, 01:56:58 AM »
Just one problem: I don't have Cricket Cage ranked either. The rankings I do have of it are the ones I cut and pasted from you. So much for your diabolical plan trying to stick me with downright atrocious episodes. ;) Cricket Cage is one episode I vowed never to watch again. O_O

While we're on the subject of Purple Parrots, maybe I'll rank a Purple Parrot episode somewhere down the road too. I already have Sultan Suleiman, Lost Lion Tail, and Oracle Bowl ranked. So no more weak teams for me. I'm definitely gonna rank a stronger team here. I think I'll rank Leopard Skin Cloak and/or Freydis after I rank John Sutter. Those players should score pretty well, and both you and PP319 have ranked them as well. So I'd like to see how my rankings stack up compared to you guys. ;) :mrpurple:

EDIT: And I updated your list again to include our rankings for Sultan Saladin. I figured it was in order since we have now both ranked that episode. :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:45:33 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »