Author Topic: Individual Ranking System  (Read 24837 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Ranking System
« Reply #300 on: March 05, 2014, 10:31:19 PM »
Randy went second, NOT first. ;) You're still fogging up on episodes you should know by heart now.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2014, 10:59:42 PM »
I just noticed I gave Casey a 3.5 and Heather a 4.5 in the temple.  :shock: I definitely need to go back and fix that for sure. They both deserve a 2 at best.  :roll:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #302 on: March 06, 2014, 05:25:00 AM »
Wow, they ranked even worse than when TRJ ranked them. :shock: Nissa and Kevin would've done a MUCH better job in the temple than Casey and Heather did. Now I know why I never watch this episode. I've only seen the full episode once, and I intend on never watching it again. :roll:

Oh well, any idea which episode/players you're going to rank next?
Any requests? I don't know which to choose from.

ETA: Actually, I'm gonna do "The Discarded Seal Of Ivan The Terrible". And yes, there will be rage. Not because of a low score, but because of a high score that was never properly rewarded.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:44:38 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2014, 06:23:43 AM »
THE DISCARDED SEAL OF IVAN THE TERRIBLE:

Travis:
Moat: 8
Steps: N/A
Individual: 9
Team: 9
Pre-Temple (Normal Scoring): 8.67
Pre-Temple (My Scoring): 8.86
Temple Run: 9.5
Overall (Normal Scoring): 8.88
Overall (My Scoring): 9.15

Elise:
Steps: 8
Individual: 9.5
Team: N/A
Pre-Temple: (Normal Scoring): 8.5
Pre-Temple: (My Scoring): 8.82
Temple Run: 9.5
Overall (Normal Scoring): 8.75
Overall (My Scoring): 9.17

Jimmy:
Moat: 9
Individual: 7
Team: 8
Overall (Normal Scoring): 8
Overall (My Scoring): 7.71

Ashley:
Steps: 9
Indivivdual:  7
Team: N/A
Overall (Normal Scoring): 8.33
Overall (My Scoring): 7.91

Comments: WHY?????? Seriously, why couldn't Travis and Elisa have been rewarded WELL? Why did they have to such dicks and make the hardest layout in the history of LOTHT for these people? Is it because the Orange Iguanas were great too? And because the Orange Iguanas were 1st in the Moat and Steps, the Green Monkeys needed to suffer because they beat them? Ugh!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:52:02 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2014, 11:58:14 AM »
Travis and Elisa were easily the best team robbed in the temple. They might've been the best team ever on Legends and still couldn't win! I honestly can't think of one team would do better with their layout either. Also, both teams were very dominant in this this episode from the moat to the temple run. The Orange Iguanas dominated the Steps of Knowledge and Moat. Travis and Elisa dominated the temple games and completed all three of them before time was up. I wouldn't have mind if they got both 10's in the temple either. I couldn't find a single flaw in their performance. This was a very solid episode and Travis and Elisa were robbed.  :(

Good rankings. I should be able to post mine later today.  ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 06, 2014, 04:12:28 PM »
Yeah, Travis and Elisa were robbed, big time. And I have a request for you: How about ranking Olivia Emma and Robert next? Let's see if they really do get too much credit. I remember you ranked them in the Spam Topic a long time ago, and I ranked them somewhere in this thread last year.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 06, 2014, 06:55:30 PM »
Yeah, Travis and Elisa were robbed, big time. And I have a request for you: How about ranking Olivia Emma and Robert next? Let's see if they really do get too much credit. I remember you ranked them in the Spam Topic a long time ago, and I ranked them somewhere in this thread last year.
Honestly? I already have a feeling they're gonna have high scores, particularly Olivia-Emma. I know the run is simplistic, but you can't deny the players blazed through the episode.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 06, 2014, 07:46:26 PM »
Exactly. And here's my rankings of it for reference:

THE APPLEWOOD AMULET OF EMILIANO ZAPATA

Robert:
Steps of Knowledge: 6
Individual Game: 7
Team Game: 7
Temple Run: 7
Overall: 7

Olivia-Emma:
Moat: 10
Steps of Knowledge: 9
Individual Game: 8
Team Game: 8
Tiebreaker: +1
Temple Run: 8
Overall: 8.85

Simone:
Steps of Knowledge: 8
Individual Game: 6
Team Game: 8
Overall: 7.5

Jason:
Steps of Knowledge: 6
Individual Game: 6
Team Game: 7
Overall: 6.75

NOTES:
Another excellent episode! This moat seemed to take a long time too. The mist was completely gone when the camera panned over to the Purple Parrots after the moat. And yes, those Blue Barracudas who "broke" the gong were Janet and Chris from "The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl." For the Steps of Knowledge, the Silver Snakes naturally take the Blue Barracudas place. And they do answer at least two questions correctly. I don't understand why people say "they didn't even answer one question."

The temple games were VERY close and neck and neck. But really, the Purple Parrots and the Green Monkeys were neck and neck all episode. They were 1 and 2 in the moat, very smart on the Steps of Knowledge, and tied the temple games with 1.5 pendants. Speaking of which, the third temple game was just impressive. NONE of the four players fell off the horse. Though Robert was starting to falter a little at the end. I also love how when the game is over, Kirk sounds like he's saying "Oh shit, he's tired!" XD In the end, Olivia-Emma gets the tiebreaker right and they go to the temple! Recording yet another tiebreaker loss for the Purple Parrots. :( I wouldn't change the results for anything though, I just wish both teams would've gone to the temple.

And the temple run was great. Their layout wasn't particularly hard, but the rooms were the hardest the show had to offer at the time. Robert goes in and he does a decent job. He gets removed by two consecutive temple guards in Medusa's Lair and the King's Storeroom, and Olivia-Emma takes over. She passes up the half pendant, but it doesn't affect the outcome, and I assume temple guard was in the Crypt. She gets to the Viper's Nest, has trouble finding the Amulet, but she grabs it and blazes out of the temple. The ending was such a nailbiter, she wins with literally one second left on the clock. Recording by far the closest finish in the show's history. Both Robert and Olivia Emma were so excited, and so was Kirk. Solid.

As you can see, Olivia Emma ranked very high. And nobody ranked worse than a 6 either. Those scores look about right, don't they?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:48:37 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 07, 2014, 01:12:37 AM »
Olivia-Emma and Robert were a solid team throughout their episode and I hope they rank high. They were first in the moat, first in the Steps, and they dominated the temple games. Olivia-Emma finished her "Tierra y Libertad" phrase before the Purple Parrot girl could even start on the Libertad. Plus, Olivia-Emma never let go of her horse once. All four players were amazing in that temple game. And the Green Monkeys did a good job in the temple too. Olivia-Emma's exit was very solid, and she brought the artifact out with little time to herself. I would like to see Chris (Lost Lariat), Ron, Jason (Icarus), and Kimberly bring their artifacts out with much more time than Olivia-Emma.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 10, 2014, 07:23:39 AM »
THE APPLEWOOD AMULET OF EMILIANO ZAPATA:

Robert:
Steps: 6
Individual: 8
Pre-Temple (Normal Scoring): 8
Pre-Temple (My Scoring): 8.12
Temple Run: 7.5
Overall (Normal Scoring): 7.9
Overall (My Scoring): 8.07

Olivia-Emma:
Steps: 9
Individual: 9.5
Team: 10
Tiebreaker: +1
Pre-Temple: (Normal Scoring): 9.75
Pre-Temple: (My Scoring): 9.82
Temple Run: 8.5
Overall (Normal Scoring): 9.4
Overall (My Scoring): 9.17

Jason:
Individual: 8
Overall (Normal Scoring): 9
Overall (My Scoring): 8.71

Simone:
Moat: 7
Steps: 8
Indivivdual:  8.5
Overall (Normal Scoring): 8.13
Overall (My Scoring): 8.41

Comments: Both teams were tough throughout this game. Especially Olivia-Emma. And this is a BIG especially for Olivia-Emma. Everyone was great. Olivia-Emma was fantastic. Yes, it was a simple run. But her skill still showed in that run just like the Moat (which she blazed through) and certain questions (which she knew without hearing the choices) and in the Temple Games. I'm not gonna keep gushing about her because all the players were great together.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 10, 2014, 01:36:54 PM »
Robert and Olivia-Emma were a very strong team all day. I think a lot of people overlook them because of how "simple" the layout was for them. And even then, their layout was not even easy at all. Medusa's Lair, King's Storeroom, and the Shrine of the Silver Monkey were some of the the toughest rooms that this layout had to offer. And honestly, none of the Season 2 layouts came off as being tough to me either. Even Nostradamus had a similar path with the Laser Light Room tacked on. And the Room of the Mandarin Hand was easier than Medusa's Lair.

As for the episode itself, it was great all day. The moat was close and exciting. The Blue Barracudas knocked the button of their team gong in the moat. Maybe that is why they were disqualified. :lol: Just kidding, it was because of a spotter error that sent the Silver Snakes back. The legend was good and actually tied in with the Atocha legend a little bit. That is how you know that this episode and Atocha were taped back-to-back. The Green Monkeys were really good in the temple games. Olivia-Emma finished her "Tierra y Libertad" phrase before the Purple Parrot girl could start on her "Libertad". Also, the team game was very impressive too. Neither player on either team fell off the spinning horse. Plus, Olivia-Emma didn't even become loose once either. The temple win was a solid victory in my book. I honestly don't see anything wrong with the team performance either. They seemed to complete their rooms at a good pace to me. And they had to deal with some tough objectives along the way. The only detrimental part was Olivia-Emma passing up the half-pendant. But I don't count it against her because it had no bearing on the final outcome. Just like I don't try to harp on Jarrid from "Pirate Captain" for running into the Secret Password with a half-pendant. The ending was very exciting too and the one second win was very impressive. The Green Monkeys totally deserve the high score they get and Olivia-Emma was probably one of the best girls on the show. The only girl that I would rank ahead of her is Jessica from Pirate Captain.

Good rankings, and I totally agree with you. I definitely remember ranking this production day too, but it got lost in the database crash in March 2012. It was a great production day and all those episodes were good in my book. Even Benjamin Franklin. I really wouldn't mind rewatching this production day again.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 10, 2014, 04:27:19 PM »
YES THANK YOU! See, I told you Olivia Emma was an excellent player. She deserved to win, she and Robert were strong players all day. And even the Purple Parrots were a strong team too, but they still didn't have anything on the Green Monkeys. I really don't undersatnd the hate for this run. So their layout was easy, so they barely escaped from the temple. It's not like they were the only team to have a "direct path" layout. The Genghis Khan team had that kind of layout, the Cleopatra team had that, and of course Shaka Zulu had that too. And none of their objectvie were easy at all. So if anything, their layout was kind of hard. Medusa's Lair, (even the watered down version of it), the King's Stoeroom, the Shrine, all pretty hard objectives even for an early Season 2 temple. And it's not like they can choose their path either. This is just how the producers set it up, it's not like Robert and Olivia Emma had a choice anyways. They were an excellent team, and I'm glad they won. I would honestly go as far as saying they would win with a Nostradamus layout too. Mush Pot Hat I don't know, but they would probably win with a Nostradamus layout. I just don't understand the hate for this run at all.

I have another request, can you rank Tarrah and Chris from Freydis next? I remember you ranked them in the Spam Topic long ago, and I remember Chris ranking very high. And your rankings on Amulet are a lot like mine too. You guys agree with my rankings on them, right? I know I'm too generous, but I just want to make sure you agree with my rankings as well.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 10, 2014, 05:10:51 PM »
Yeah, Olivia-Emma and Robert would've definitely won with the Levitating Dog Leash layout. Sure, that layout had one extra room to it. But you can't always compare layouts to the number of rooms entered. In Applewood Amulet, Olivia-Emma and Robert both had to spend time climbing walls. In the Dog Leash layout, Jason and Elizabeth simply had to jump down into the Pit. So the Applewood Amulet team would save time there. Also, the extra room for the Green Monkeys would've been the Laser Light Room. That room was not difficult in anyway unless you are Stephen from Silk Sash. And the Room of the Mandarin Hand was MUCH easier than Medusa's Lair. Plus, Olivia-Emma would have an easier time to exit in the Dog Leash run because she could use the much easier upper floor to exit. So yeah, the Applewood Amulet team would've won with the Dog Leash layout. Just like the Dog Leash team would've won with Applewood Amulet's layout.

I don't expect anyone to like a win, but I feel that certain wins get picked on way too much. Applewood Amulet, Lost Gold Mine, Metal Beard, and Annie Taylor are the ones that come to mind. I think some people feel that some teams are not deserving or talented just because they don't like the win. I don't like Butch Cassidy at all, but that doesn't mean I don't think Paula would win the Annie Taylor or Applewood Amulet layout. I am not talking about anyone in specific, just in a general observation. Even Bobby and Brittany might've come close to a win with the Lost Gold Mine layout (although this one is kind of pushing it). And this was definitely a bigger issue in the past thanks to people like outer space and company who thought that every contestant was bad for taking a direct path. And then we ha the crap where people thought Applewood Amulet was a rigged win because the producers wanted the one second finish. What next, the producers wanted Tarrah to take a face plant in the Pit for the one second win? Sorry, I don't mean to rant at all but certain wins get blasted a little too much.

But yeah, you should totally do Milk Bucket next. Both me and PP319 ranked the Purple Parrots from that episode. So we can use both of our rankings in comparison.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 10, 2014, 07:56:38 PM »
Plus, Applewood Amulet is MUCH more exciting and had a more memorable ending than say Silver Horseshoe or Dr. Livingstone. This run came all the way down to the wire, and Olivia Emma just barely finishing with a second left on the clock with a short path is irrelevant. Like I said above, if you REALLY think about it, Applewood Amulet really wasn't easy at all. Every room both Robert and Olivia Emma entered took a lot of time to complete. And missing the half pendant shouldn't be a reason to pick on them either. I honestly think it was BETTER that Olivia Emma didn't pick it up. She needed all the time she could get here, if either player had done even more thing differently, they would've lost. I think people just don't like wins like Amulet, John Sutter and Lucky Pillow just because everyone else likes it. I get it, everyones entitled to their own opinions, but when a team wins on an easier path/layout, why think about the worst things? We should be glad we had contestants that even remotely knew what they were doing. We should be glad Olivia Emma even knew had to escape the temple properly. Jason from Icarus, Ron, Tara, and Kimberly couldn't say that. I would go as far as saying Olivia Emma is up there with Jessica from Lost Hornpipe for best female player ever. She's literally my second highest ranked player ever in my rankings. I know my rankings don't mean anything, but Olivia Emma to me was flawless, easy layout or not. There I said it.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 14, 2014, 03:54:02 PM »
And you know what, I've been thinking. I think I might delete my "Top 10 Best/Worst Players" rankings. Looking back at them, I was way, way too generous with those rankings. And not only that, but I included players who shouldn't be on the list in the first place. Like the temple game losers, it's really not fair to include them on the list when they didn't even make it to the temple. And a lot of my rankings don't make any sense either. Plus, I can definitely tell no one else liked them either. I don't expect everyone to feel the same way about certain players as I do. And I don't expect everyones rankings to match up. But I feel like I had no business posting a "Top 10" list when I'm nowhere near done posting rankings, if I'm ever gonna post another set at all. I get it, this isn't my thread. This is just something all of us are continuing, finishing up what someone else started. So now it's my turn to rant, and I know this makes me come off bad. And I'll keep my rankings of individual players. But I feel like I'm just doing everyone a giant favor of potentially deleting my "Top 10" list. Maybe I'll start all over with a new list, fixing up all the mistakes I made. Anyone else who wants to rant about this, you're more than welcome to.