Author Topic: Individual Ranking System  (Read 24839 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Ranking System
« Reply #285 on: March 03, 2014, 02:54:05 AM »
Looking good. ;) Imagine if there were a 2 pendant tie on the last filming day. :o I mean, we already had a score 0-0 tie in the final temple game of Sforza. I also agree that the Orange Iguanas were pretty strong pre temple, especially with them sweeping the steps. But of course, Kris and Kristin came from behind and stole their thunder. The temple run was definitely a great way to close out the show. Kris and Kristin owned everything, especially Kristin.

So I take it you're gonna rank Benzibab next? If you're going in reverse order of episodes.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #286 on: March 03, 2014, 05:30:01 AM »
I've been looking at the past rankings and I need to ask. Are we really gonna give Marie (Lost Lion Tail) a pass because she got the white laser on her first try? Because that was sheer luck, not skill, and I don't think she should get that type of score for that.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 03, 2014, 03:02:55 PM »
I didn't give Marie a high score because of the laser thing. I gave her a higher score for the temple run because at least she knew somewhat what she was doing. I believe I gave her a "6" for the temple run, and I'm pretty sure PP319 gave her the same score as well. I really don't consider Marie a bad player at all. The only mistake she made was in the Rock Quarry, constantly missing the bucket. Claude on the other hand, he was pretty clueless. He's the real reason the team lost. O_O

Also, you posted your rankings for Jewel Encrusted Egg twice. If this wasn't intended, then you wouldn't mind if I delete just one of the duplicated posts?

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2014, 07:28:39 PM »
I deleted it. I actually didn't notice that until now lol
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:48:00 PM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 04, 2014, 01:05:05 AM »
I think a 6 is pretty fitting for Marie. She made it through five rooms and left 1:50 left on the clock for Claude. I think that should've been enough time for Claude to reach the artifact and bring it out. The layout was almost similar to Billy the Kid. Claude was the one who made this run a huge disaster. I see no reason not to give him a 1 alone. Although he somehow found his half-pendant. I think people forget that Ben from Nzinga was also got taken out almost with the same amount of time in his run, but no one seems to ever point him out. Although Marie really struggled in the Rock Quarry. I think a 6 is fine for Marie though.

And I agree with your Catherine the Great rankings, too. ;) Kris and Kristen were a very well-rounded team and they had a pretty dominant performance all day. People sometimes point out their easy layout, but they still got the job done with little flaws at all. You could honestly not ask for a better way to close out the show.  :mrred: They are probably the best Red Jaguars team overall too on the show. The Boadicea team was also pretty strong too, but I liked the Catherine the Great duo a little better.

I think a good idea once we get more rankings is to rank the top 5 players by each team. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 04, 2014, 01:14:37 AM »
What an excellent idea. I would love to do something like that. ;) It's very similar to the "Top 20 Best/Worst Players" I did somewhere in this thread. So why not continue that trend? You remember I did those rankings, right? And you agree that I hit the nail on the head. ;) I know my rankings are a little too generous, but I'm hoping you still like to read them anyways.

And don't worry, I didn't leave you guys hanging. I'll try to get my rankings on Benzibab's day very soon. :mrsilver: But, I'll wait a while, and for you guys to post more rankings. I hope you understand, I'll definitely get to posting them soon.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:15:28 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 04, 2014, 01:20:59 AM »
We do have enough rankings though for most episodes to start working on a list. I know PP319 ranked every Purple Parrot team, so we can use his rankings as a format for the Purple Parrots. We can use multiple rankings when making our top ____ list too. I remember your "Top 20 Best/Worst Players" list too. I remember the biggest surprise was Jessie from Silk Sash making that list. :P

Also, can't wait until you get around to your Empress Eugenie/Benzibab rankings. Those four episodes never get old and very high quality. ;) IIRC, didn't you have Jay ranked as the highest player that day? And his team didn't even win. :P I want to post my Chandragupta/Bandit Queen rankings by Friday also.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 04, 2014, 01:23:53 AM »
Yes Jay's team DID WIN. Aren't you paying attention here? ;) Does "Go up! Go up! Try another one!" mean anything to you? And YOU ranked Jessie, and if I remember correctly, you ranked much lower than I did. But yeah, Jay did rank high. He did great all episode, and he was literally flawless in the team game. And I can't wait until you post your rankings for Bandit Queen's filming day. ;) It'll be interesting to see how both Zac and Miriam rank.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 05, 2014, 12:25:37 AM »
RJF, are you going to rank the Snow Cone team next? I saw you talk about Snow Cone in the Main Spam thread and I was thinking that you will do rankings for the losers known as Casey and Heather.  :oops: If so, then good luck. Those two were just awful in the temple. Looking back at my rankings for them, I was generous. :oops:

And I was thinking about this the other day. Who would you guys give a 10 in the temple for? I was wondering because it seems kind of generous to give players like Steve from Alhambra a 10 for running through rooms that were ridiculously easy. I feel that a player should earn a 10 and only a very select few contestants earn it. I can see why THK gave Steve a 10, but I don't think he really deserves. Maybe an 8 or 9.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 05, 2014, 01:19:39 AM »
Yeah, all Steve had to do was breeze through a bunch of hit the actuator rooms. I probably would've given him a 9, a 10 is a way too generous. I don't understand, nor do I see why THK gave Steve a 10 for the temple run. Still a much better player than Lisa though. :roll: I'd personally give Jessica and/or Jarrid from Lost Hornpipe a 10 for the temple run. They were great. Oh yeah, and Gator too. :mrgreen: That guy was a beast through the temple. No player can EVER top Gator.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:14:11 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 05, 2014, 06:03:54 AM »
RJF, are you going to rank the Snow Cone team next? I saw you talk about Snow Cone in the Main Spam thread and I was thinking that you will do rankings for the losers known as Casey and Heather.  :oops: If so, then good luck. Those two were just awful in the temple. Looking back at my rankings for them, I was generous. :oops:
My God, it was so frustrating just to watch the legend, let alone the Temple Run. I may as well, but be prepared for my anger.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 05, 2014, 03:15:20 PM »
Snow Cone is one episode I can NEVER watch, let alone rank. In fact, I'm pretty sure I have TRJ's copied rankings saved to my word document. Instead of you know, using my own and ranking them myself. Good luck to you ranking them. And I definitely look forward to your rage too.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 05, 2014, 06:00:43 PM »
THE SNOW CONE OF MOUNT KILIMANJARO:

Nissa:
Moat: 4.5
Steps: 6
Individual: 7.5
Team: 4.5
Overall (Normal Scoring): 5.63
Overall (My Scoring): 5.82

Kevin:
Steps: 5
Individual: 6
Team: 4.5
Overall (Normal Scoring): 5
Overall (My Scoring): 5.12

Heather:
Steps: 7.5
Individual: 2
Team: 5
Pre-Temple (Normal Scoring): 4.75
Pre-Temple (My Scoring): 4.32
Temple Run: 3.5
Overall (Normal Scoring): 4.5
Overall (My Scoring): 3.98

Casey:
Steps: N/A
Indivivdual: 6
Team: 5
Pre-Temple (Normal Scoring): 5.17
Pre-Temple (My Scoring): 5.36
Temple Run: 2.5
Overall (Normal Scoring): 4.5
Overall (My Scoring): 4.04

Comments: Heather was PATHETIC in her Temple Game and the Temple. Casey was ABYSMAL in the Temple. Nissa was the best player, and it's not even by much. This whole episode was just pathetic. Why did it make the air? Ugh!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 05, 2014, 07:41:48 PM »
Wow, they ranked even worse than when TRJ ranked them. :shock: Nissa and Kevin would've done a MUCH better job in the temple than Casey and Heather did. Now I know why I never watch this episode. I've only seen the full episode once, and I intend on never watching it again. :roll:

Oh well, any idea which episode/players you're going to rank next?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
Here is my Snow Cone rankings for reference:

THE SNOW CONE OF MOUNT KILIMANJARO

Casey
Moat: 5.5
Steps of Knowledge: 6
Individual Game: 6.5
Team Game: 6
Temple Run: 3.5
Overall: 5.5

Heather
Moat: 6
Steps of Knowledge: 9
Individual Game: 4
Team Game: 5
Temple Run: 4.5
Overall: 5.7

Nissa
Steps of Knowledge: 8
Individual Game: 6
Overall: 6.25

Kevin
Steps of Knowledge: 7
Individual Game: 7
Overall: 6.25

NOTES:
This episode sucked, I didn't like it at all. The Silver Snakes did not deserve to go to the temple and they barely beat the Red Jaguars in the final temple game. Heather looked pathetic in her temple game where she kept stepping on the same pole that was wrong. Also, she kept stumbling in her team game.

The temple run is not any better and Casey did not know what he was doing either. Heather fails for wasting all that time in the Dark Forest.

Your thoughts are exactly similar to my own. :lol: This was a horrible episode and Heather and Casey were a waste of space. Even though my rankings are a little generous for each player, we both came to the same conclusion that both Red Jaguar players were better than the Silver Snakes. :roll: Heather was pathetic in her temple game too. I don't think she got the concept of not stepping on the same sinking step. The temple run is utterly pathetic too. These two losers could not make it past the Dark Forests in three minutes. To see how pathetic this was, put this into perspective: It took Randy from Metal Beard one minute to be removed from the temple in the Dark Forest. Yet, Heather and Casey could not make it past the Dark Forest in their entire three minutes. :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: Plus, Heather cheats by prying the the Dark Forest doors open with her hands. I think this is my most hated episode on the show. At least Golden Cricket Cage had some okay parts to it. This episode was garbage from the start.  :roll:  :roll: That whole production day sucked actually, except for Henry Hudson.

I should have my Chandragupta rankings posted tomorrow too. ;)