Author Topic: Individual Ranking System  (Read 24843 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Ranking System
« Reply #270 on: February 28, 2014, 11:52:37 PM »
I think it's about time we revive this thread, after 6+ months of inactivity. This time, it's the Pytheas/Sojourner Truth filming day.

THE PEARL NECKLACE OF GWALIOR

Ryan:
Moat: 9
Steps of Knowledge: 7
Individual Game: 7
Team Game: 8
Temple Run: 7
Overall: 7.6

Dawn:
Individual Game: 8
Team Game: 7
Temple Run: 6
Overall: 7.4

Joseph:
Moat: 8
Steps of Knowledge: 9
Individual Game: 6
Overall: 7.5

Ashleigh:
Steps of Knowledge: 6
Individual Game: 4
Team Game: 6
Overall: 6

NOTES:

Pretty average episode in my opinion. The moat was extremely fast, easily the fastest moat behind Apanuugpak. With the exception of the Purple Parrots, all the teams managed to get across no problem. Of course one of the Purple Parrot players just had to trip and blow their chances of advancing. Such is the Purple Parrots luck. -_- Ryan and Dawn made a GREAT comeback during the Steps of Knowledge. One of their answers at the beginning was thrown out because Olmec wanted a more specific answer from them. With the exception of the Green Monkey girl, all the other players performed pretty well throughout the episode. The temple run was just average, should've been reverse order of players. If it means that much to the team, they almost reached the necklace. But Dawn was just too slow. Or you know, other mistakes occurred too during the temple run. *coughrubbleclearinginthepitcough* This temple run is a carbon copy of Lily Crested Crown, only Ryan and Dawn were lightyears better than Katie and Judge. At least Ryan didn't choke in the Chamber of the Sacred Markers.

THE BULLET-RIDDLED HANDBAG OF BELLE BOYD

Leah:
Steps of Knowledge: 8
Temple Run: 8
Overall: 7.8

Matthew:
Team Game: 8

John:
Overall: 6.5

Ashley:
Overall: 7.25

NOTES:

This episode was a little better than Gwalior. The moat in this episode went from running across a bridge, to simply crawling across a bridge. Probably to make it more challenging considering how quick the previous episodes moat was. And we are once again greeted with another Blue vs. Green match up, only this time, the Green Monkeys go to the temple. And I'm glad too, since Leah and Matthew were clearly the stronger team over the average Blue Barracudas. The temple run was great, one of my favorite losses of Season 3, if not the show. Leah was a fantastic player, she covered the entire central shaft from top to bottom, and almost the entire bottom floor in two whole minutes. Maybe the Dried Apple Half kids should've taken note from that. Though it would've helped if she had used the Pit-Chamber passage instead of detouring into the King's Storeroom. Matthew was a solid player as well, but unfortunately, made the exact same mistakes he did. He also didn't use the Quicksand Bog/Shrine passage either. As soon as he was done reading off the passwords, time ran out. Overall, the temple run was awesome, but the rest of the episode, was completely on the average side honestly. It was rather uneventful, but it really doesn't matter. As the rankings above can pretty much speak for themselves.

THE LOST WHALEBONE OF PYTHEAS

Brittany:
Moat: 6
Overall: 6.2

Damien:
Temple Run: 5
Overall: 6.8

Allison:
Moat: 5
Overall: 6

Patrick:
Team Game: 5
Overall: 6.5

NOTES:

The episode quality really starts to sink here. This episode was incredibly boring. I do remember it somewhat since this was one of the first episodes I ever saw. And it was part of the "20 episode cycle" from late 2006. But that's it, that's all I remember about the episode. As you can already tell by the rankings, neither team was impressive. It's funny how Damien has the highest average out of the four players, yet moves like a slug in the temple. Go figure. Speaking of the temple run, Damien and Brittany were equally responsible for this loss. Everyone loves to just blame Damien, but Brittany wasn't very fast herself. Just like Kirk said, "You can't slow down too much or the temple will get you." There's really nothing to talk about for this episode really. So moving on....

THE DRIED EAR OF CORN OF SOJOURNER TRUTH

Eddie:
Steps of Knowledge: 10

Tess:
Moat: 7
Overall: 7

Shannon:
Moat: 5
Overall: 5.75

Jerome:
Steps of Knowledge: 10
Individual Game: 5
Overall: 7

NOTES:

So boring, I remember next to nothing about this episode. The strongest player out of the four was clearly Eddie, and his perfect Steps of Knowledge score really helped that. He swept the steps and answered all three questions before the choices were even revealed. Jerome of the Orange Iguanas was equally as smart there as well. This episode also uses the exact same temple game sequence as Pytheas, the episode before this. Shows how lazy the producers were in changing up the temple games. =/ For the most part, Eddie and Tess were very strong pre temple, but that strong performance did not measure up in the temple run. I honestly do not know why Kirk referred to Eddie as "fast Eddie." He was far from it, and him getting owned in the Pit didn't help his case either. Tess wasn't really any better, and I honestly think that maybe my temple run score for her was a little too generous. As she hesitated and wasted time in every room, the worst of it being in the Dark Forest. Where she just couldn't find her way out for the life of her. By the time she did lay her hands on the embarrassingly uninspiring artifact called corn, time was already called. Like Eddie said at the end of the run, "Just one more second!" For such a boring episode, every player except Shannon (who was nothing special to begin with), ranked pretty high. If it wasn't for the overall dullness this episode had, I would've liked this episode. But it was just filler all the way, period.

Overall, this filming day started out good, but got progressively worse as it went along. Gwalior and Belle Boyd were pretty good episodes, but Pytheas and Sojourner Truth were very dull and mundane episodes. All these episodes were ranked months ago, though my opinion really hasn't changed that much. I don't know how accurate these rankings are to everyone else, but I'm not expecting everyone to completely agree with me on these. So if this all looks like I was being too generous, keep in mind I ranked these all months ago. Either way, hope you enjoy these rankings nonetheless.

Belle Boyd >>>>> Gwalior >>>>>>> Pytheas >>>>>>> Dried Ear of Corn

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #271 on: March 01, 2014, 12:51:46 AM »
Well, I may as well join in on this. Just give me some time to watch the episodes to refresh my memory. (Although I don't think I'll enjoy watching some of these people)
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 01, 2014, 01:04:20 AM »
Its been a while since we have seen this thread. :lol: Nice to see it back. Here is how I see it:

Pearl Necklace was a good episode, and Ryan and Dawn were a good team. The moat was literally the fastest moat on the show and it had to be changed the next episode because of how swift it was. Ryan and Dawn seemed to rank on par with each other throughout their episode. Ashleigh of the Green Monkeys was pretty crappy though. IIRC, she struggled bad with the bucking horse temple game. She kept holding onto it in an awkward position while Dawn handled it like it was nothing. She even fell off like 5 seconds after getting back on. :roll: The temple run was average and the team was average, but the layout was kind of long with no shortcuts available. I agree, I think that the team would've been a little more successful if Dawn went in first. Ryan was slightly quicker than her. But of course, the real reason they lost was because of Ryan taking a direct path. :roll: But this episode is much better than Lily-Crested Crown, which had the same layout too. Good episode overall.  :mrblue:

Belle Boyd is an underrated gem with a strong Green Monkeys team and was exciting all the way through. Leah must've hurt her back in the moat because she kept holding onto it in the Steps. It kind of looked like she was in pain too.  :( I might've given her a slightly lower Steps of Knowledge score because I believe she got one wrong answer. The temple games were good, and I like how John resembles the infamous Golden Cricket Cage one. :lol: The temple run was exciting and Leah and Matthew were a very strong team. Even if they didn't take shortcuts, they still came close to the artifact. They probably wouldn't have won even if they did take a shorter route. This episode is miles better than William Tell too. Even though that layout was slightly harder. Brett and Lauren sucked, period. Leah and Matthew were an awesome team and I would definitely give them a second chance. I wouldn't have mind if you gave them a 9 each in the temple. Great episode overall.

Lost Whale Bone is the episode where we knew about the production number for it for a long time. Not much to say except that Damien looked strong before the temple run. The temple run was boring and it is amazing how these two made it one room away from the artifact. Brittany moved slow, but she still made it good time to the Shrine. With a little less than 1:30 left, I would expect that Damien would at least haul ass with the cleared path Brittany left him. Instead, he takes him almost a minute to get there. -_- I probably would've given him a 4 in the temple. If he spent half of the time following up on his partner's path, then they would've reached the artifact maybe won. Typical result for your center of the temple run though. Overall, it was a boring and forgettable episode.

Dried Ear of Corn is one of the last episodes we reviewed, so I do remember it a little bit. :lol: This was the unfortunate episode to be paired with Cricket Cage. The Green Monkeys did good before the temple, but even then they were not that great. I remember Eddie dominating the Steps of Knowledge too. Shannon sticks out like a sore thumb too compared to the other players that day. But that is pretty fitting since she lost her temple game pretty bad to Tess. The temple run was exactly like Sir Gawain, except all three guards were encountered. But still, this was a very winnable layout though. Tess is more to be blamed than Eddie. She stalled too much in all of her rooms and pulled a Dolley Madison in the Dark Forest. Plus, I like Ashlie much better than Tess even though she gets blamed more. Ashlie was fast at least and didn't screw up until the Dark Forest. Tess messed up in other rooms like the Shrine and Ancient Warriors. Overall, it was definitely one of the most filler episodes on the show. :?

Overall, I think your rankings are solid. ;) I think it is fitting for the Belle Boyd team to have the highest score. This is how I rank this day:

Belle Boyd >>>> Pearl Necklace >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dried Ear of Corn >>>>>>>> Lost Whale Bone

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 01, 2014, 01:19:40 AM »
Yeah, Ashleigh really, really sucked at her temple game. She kept holding on to the horse in an unorthodox way, while Dawn at least sat normally on the horse the entire time. That really brought down her score. And I also agree about the temple run. It was sort of a tough layout, as the order of rooms they entered was the same order the rooms were introduced in Olmec's rundown. Of course, this was not be choice. And yes, Leah looked like she was in pain in her episode. But then again, she kept tripping all the time, both when she crossed the moat, and when she ran up the stairs in the temple. No wonder it looked like her back hurt. :lol: Enough said about Pytheas and Dried Ear of Corn, only Shannon of the Orange Iguanas faced Eddie in her game, not Tess. But yeah, she kind of sucked, and she dragged the Orange Iguanas down, big time. Also agreed about Tess. I might actually give her a "5" for the temple run. Ashlie was way better than Tess in every aspect. And yes Dried Ear of Corn was the unlucky recipient of being paired up with Cricket Cage during the "20 episode cycle," which aired again and again no less. :lipsrsealed:

And thanks, I might post the last ever filming day next. :mrpurple: And anyone who wants to attempt these rankings (like RJF), feel free. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 01, 2014, 01:24:08 AM »
So you are going to do the Benzibab/Empress Eugenie day? Well, you are in for a treat. All four episodes were amazing, even Empress Eugenie. I expect all four temple teams to rank high too. Also, I am sure I ranked this production day a while back too. So we can compare our rankings too. ;)

And speaking of good production days, maybe I will have a stab at the Atocha day. I remember I did this day once, but it got lost in the database crash. :cry: That is okay though, because this production day is worth rewatching.  :mrorange:  :mrgreen:  :mrblue:  :mrblue:

Also, it would be nice to see RJF join too. The more people means more discussion and feedback. ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 01:25:31 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2014, 01:48:19 AM »
Well, here are my rankings of the Atocha day if you need a refresher. :mrorange: What a coincidence, I just bumped up this thread, yet in my Atocha rankings, I bumped up the thread there too. :lol: And I don't quite remember your rankings of the Benzibab day? Must've gotten lost in the database crash. But if you (or anyone else) would like to post the rankings, that would be great. ;) I took a quick peak of the rankings I did for Benzibab's day, and most of the players there rank pretty high. There were some low ones, but those were mostly the temple game losers. You shouldn't be disappointed either way. I should have those rankings posted tomorrow. :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:32:28 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2014, 09:36:37 AM »
It was the last day of Season 2 I completed with Polynesian Girl and Icarus. I went back and checked. Interesting, maybe I will do the Benzibab day at a later time. I like the idea of doing the Atocha day though and comparing it to yours.  ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2014, 04:24:12 PM »
Yes, that was my refresher to you if you DID choose to rank Atocha's day. ;) And for anyone who wants to rank Benzibab's day just like I want to. It will be interesting to see how different our opinions are of who scores which. We're bound to have some results that may or may not be shocking. Oh well, whatever floats their boat.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 02, 2014, 06:55:11 PM »
Remember my complicated formula I used in my version of the individual rankings? I'm still gonna use it.

(2 times Moat Score) + (3 times SOK Score) + (6 times Individual Game Score) + (6 times Team Temple Score) + (12 times Temple Score)] divided by 29

For before the temple, remove the temple score part and divide by 17 (or 14). For tiebreakers, add 1 to the SOK score. If they don't answer anything at the SOK, then the score is N/A and you divide by 26 (or 14) And no, you don't have to do this. This is unique to me because it's complicated.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:19:35 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 02, 2014, 08:04:15 PM »
Well, I already got my own scoring system anyways, which is the same as what THK and TRJ do. :P Interesting method though. I remember you also did the rankings for the Galileo team. I know they are somewhere in this thread.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:11:09 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 03, 2014, 12:12:56 AM »
Here's his ranking for the Galileo episode:

GALILEO'S CANNONBALL

Jammin' Jon:
Steps: 7
Individual: 8
Team: 8
Pre-Temple: 7.71
Temple: 6.5
Overall: 7.21

Jennifer:
Steps: 7.5
Individual: 3.5
Pre-Temple: 6.26
Temple: 4.5
Overall: 5.53

Kevin:
Moat: 5.5
Steps: N/A
Indivdual: 5.5
Team: 3.5
Pre-Temple/Overall: 3.82

Beth:
Steps: 6
Individual: 6
Team: 6.5
Pre-Temple/Overall: 6.18

Well, Jammin' Jon was our first good player as he was consistently good through every round. Jennifer, on the other hand, had to croak in the Temple. Beth did decently, but Kevin was her downfall.

I think this was pretty good. I like how Beth of the Green Monkeys almost had double the score of her partner. :P No surprise that Jammin  John ranked high either. I personally would've gave him a 7 or even an 8 in the temple. For being the first temple run ever, he did great in y books. He moved fast, didn't stall much, and had a good map of the temple in his head,

I am looking into finishing the Chandragupta and Bandit Queen day once I am done with all my exams on Wednesday. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 03, 2014, 12:57:25 AM »
You STILL never did Tall Turban's filming day. You claimed that months ago, and then never did it. But don't worry, I know how busy you are. ;)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 03, 2014, 01:24:02 AM »
Here's his ranking for the Galileo episode:

GALILEO'S CANNONBALL

Jammin' Jon:
Steps: 7
Pre-Temple: 7.71
Temple: 6.5
Overall: 7.21

Jennifer:
Individual: 3.5
Pre-Temple: 6.26
Temple: 4.5
Overall: 5.53

Kevin:
Moat: 5.5
Indivdual: 5.5
Team: 3.5
Pre-Temple/Overall: 3.82

Beth:
Steps: 6
Individual: 6
Team: 6.5
Pre-Temple/Overall: 6.18

Well, Jammin' Jon was our first good player as he was consistently good through every round. Jennifer, on the other hand, had to croak in the Temple. Beth did decently, but Kevin was her downfall.

I think this was pretty good. I like how Beth of the Green Monkeys almost had double the score of her partner. :P No surprise that Jammin  John ranked high either. I personally would've gave him a 7 or even an 8 in the temple. For being the first temple run ever, he did great in y books. He moved fast, didn't stall much, and had a good map of the temple in his head,

I am looking into finishing the Chandragupta and Bandit Queen day once I am done with all my exams on Wednesday. ;)
I may have to redo these. I'll probably start with the last filming day because, well, Kris and Kristin. :P
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 01:27:51 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 03, 2014, 01:31:02 AM »
Why do you need to redo them? The rankings don't look that bad to me. :P Speaking of last filming day, I still need to post my rankings on that. Maybe tomorrow I'll post them, unless you guys want to go first with your rankings. I can wait so it doesn't look like I'm hogging the spotlight. ;)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 03, 2014, 02:50:05 AM »
I just need to double check if my scores are reasonable. That's all.

Also, if my bias shows in this episode...... can you blame me that this episode as a whole was spectacular? Not just the Temple Run. Every round was brilliant in this episode thanks to the excellent contestants in this episode.

THE JEWEL-ENCRUSTED EGG OF CATHERINE THE GREAT:

Kris:
Moat: 8.5
Individual: 10
Pre-Temple (Normal Scoring): 8.5
Pre-Temple (My Scoring): 8.68
Overall (Normal Scoring): 8.4
Overall (My Scoring): 8.40

Kristin:
Steps: 9
Team: 6
Pre-Temple: (Normal Scoring): 7.88
Pre-Temple: (My Scoring): 7.53
Temple Run: 9
Overall (Normal Scoring): 8
Overall (My Scoring): 8.03

Bryan:
Steps: 10
Individual: 7
Team: 7
Overall (Normal Scoring): 8.125
Overall (My Scoring): 7.71

Rachel:
Indivivdual: 7.5
Team: 7
Overall (Normal Scoring): 7.67
Overall (My Scoring): 7.43

Comments: Before the Temple Games, the Orange Iguanas showed that they had an edge over the Red Jaguars (especially Bryan at the Steps Of Knowledge). Then the Red Jaguars decided to battle it out with them. And it was quite close. If it weren't for Kris's individual win, we would've had a 2-pendant tiebreaker (highly unlikely with the Temple Game, but can you imagine that 2-pendant tie?). And of course the Temple Run, while a bit simplistic, was still exciting thanks to the intelligent and quick Red Jaguars. Also, notice that Kris had the highest score of all the four people. I can bet you that had Kristin gone in first, we would be raising Kris to Gator and David level.