Author Topic: Rank the wins  (Read 2046 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rank the wins
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 08:50:56 PM »
Here is my new list! Sorry, I got lazy and abbreviated the names. :P

1.) Annie Taylor (This win will always be #1. Nothing will ever change it  :mrblue: )
2.) Lawrence of Arabia (Switched spots with Pirate Captain. One of my all time favorite wins. I don't care if this was a Season 1 run or if the Green Monkeys didn't have a tough layout, it was very exciting and memorable. Hell, it literally kept me ad the edge of my seat!)
3.) Pirate Captain (Moved down one spot. But it is still an awesome win!)
4.) Map to the Lost Gold Mine (Moved back into the top 5. One of my all time favorite wins. No one is ever going to change my opinion on this run. The players were strong, Kirk was having fun, and I love all the quirks!
5.) Milk Bucket (Moved from #7 to #5. A win that has grown on me over time, and it is because I realized how strong Tarrah was in the temple. She was a trooper for taking that hit and recovering!)
6.) Lucky Medallion (To me, this is the best Orange Iguana win. I love this win and it was very exciting. Ty did get lucky with the Pendant drop, but once he recovered it he dominated the temple from here on out.)
7.) Catherine the Great (Dropped from #4 to #7. No real hard feelings, but I just prefer the wins above.)
8.) Emiliano Zapata (Move up from #12. I am going to show this run more love now that people some people don't appreciate it. Plus, it never gets old!)
9.) Sir Gawain (A REALLY big jump! Rewatching this episode the other day hit me in my childhood. This might even be my most favorite Orange Iguanas win)
10.) Galileo (A big jump from #15. This was the strongest Silver Snake win in my opinion and also very exciting. Going to show this run more love!)
11.) Metal Beard (Moved up a couple of spots. I felt that this run is stronger than Bandit Queen, hence why it should be ranked in front of it.)
12.) Bandit Queen (No change. It was still an exciting episode even if Miriam almost blew it. But Zac's speed is super exciting.
13.) Apanuugpak (Biggest drop for me. Just like Paintbrush's feelings for Atocha, I don't really feel all the love for this win. Gator was the best player on the show, but this run doesn't excite me at all. And Amanda is very overrated too. Plus, I have seen this episode too many times.)
14.) Chandragupta (No change. I find Andrea's win overlooked, but I have to say that the above wins are a little more memorable and exciting. But I still love her win!)
15.) Sultan Saladin (Moved down a little bit. I love this run to death, but the above wins are a little better now.)
16.) Billy the Kid (Moved up a couple of spots. The Purple Parrot Pwnage story line made it more memorable and enjoyable.)
17.) Levitating Dog Leash (Moved down quite a bit. The other team runs above were just more stronger and exciting. Still a great win)
18.) Enormous Iron Nose Ring (Jumped up from spot #24. I would rank it higher, but it was more flawed than the other remaining wins. It is still a fun win to go back and rewatch.
19.) BENZIBAB!!!11 (Why did I have it ranked at #27? I actually like this win, and I like it better than Sforza)
20.) Sforza (Went up one spot. Good win, but the layout was kind of easy and was given to Lacey and Asher on a silver platter)
21.) Trojan Horseshoe (Dropped a couple of spots, only because there are a couple of wins I like better)
22.) Genghis Khan (I had this at #16? :o I like it for nostalgia reasons, but it is not that great at all. Another average win that is kind of there)
23.) Roland (Remains unchanged. Still the weakest win of Season 3 AND one of the weaker wins on the show. Better than Shaka Zulu I guess.)
24.) Snake Bracelet (Dropped from spot #20. Why did I have it ranked so high? I just can't seem to find a reason to like this win. It is just kind of there.)
25.) Buddha (Dropped a few spots from #22. Another win I am tired of hearing about, and it is not good at all.)
26.) Dr. Livingstone (Moved up two spots. Not because I liked it anymore than I did in the past, but because some of the wins below it received more hate from me.)
27.) Davy Crockett (Dropped one spot. It is just Silk Ladder with an extra room tacked on. And this team almost didn't win either. :roll:)
28.) Ahmed Baba (Dropped from spot#25. Let's just say this the most over-talked about win and I am tired of hearing about it.)
29.) Butch Cassidy (No change. I could never praise this win.)
30.) Geronimo (No change. This episode could go die in a fire and I would't miss it.)
31.) Silk Ladder (Switched with Shaka Zulu, but it is still the worst win ever. : :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: )
32.) Shaka Zulu (Switched with Silk Ladder. Everyone knows that Silk Ladder is a joke victory, but they really think this is the best win. Which makes me hate it more.  :afro: )

Its been almost a year since I have posted an updated win list, so here is my most recent win list from favorite to least favorite:

1.) The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor (No change, a win you can never get tired of watching.)
2.) The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain (No change, this team owned everything!)
3.) Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress (Switched places with "Map to the Lost Gold Mine". I felt this was the better season one run and David's exit is easily the best on the show.)
4.) The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great (No change, I know the layout was simple but this one was a personal favorite of mine. <3)
5.) The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak (No change, an awesome team with an awesome player, but I feel as if Amanda kind of ruined it.)
6.) John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine (Switched this one with "Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress". Still one of my favorite wins on the show, but I thought the former was a better season one run.)
7.) The Milk Bucket of Freydis (Jumped from spot 11 to 7. I am not sure why I had this win so low either. Watching this run again reminds of how exciting it was. Even though Tarrah was slow, I can forgive her more because she put up a great effort despite the layout she faced. And the ending was exciting too.)
8.) The Lucky Medallion of Atocha (No change, still my favorite Orange Iguana win.)
9.) The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus (I can't believe I had this win so slow?! I don't like many Orange Iguana runs, but this one was fun to watch and both Jason and Elizabeth were enthusiastic contestants. My favorite Iguana win after "Atocha".
10.) The Star of Sultan Saladin (Moved down one spot. I like this solo win even though Leah kind of hesistated ad beelined for the direct path too many times. It was still pretty damn exciting.)
11.) The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen (Dropped all the way from 7 to 11. Really not that great of a win for mostly due to Miriam blowing her load in the Dark Forest.)
12.) The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata (Moved up one spot. It had a close and exciting finish to it even if the layout was kind of simple.)
13.) The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen (Moved up one spot. This is an overlooked Purple Parrot win that is identical to "Bandit Queen".)
14.) The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta (Big drop for this win. I like Andrea a lot, but the win has lost the excitement factor for me. Mainly because Andrea stalled in a couple of places. It was good, but not top 10 for me anymore.)
15.) Galileo's Cannonball (Moved up one spot. Jammin John was awesome, but Jennifer kind of ruined it. And even though it was the first win on the show, it was still kind of awkward.)
16.) The Helmet of Genghis Khan (A big drop from 13 to 16. After rewatching this run again, Becca practically moved as fast as Mitchell did. Taylor was respectable though and I liked the ending, but its not much better than "The Trojan Horseshoe.)
17.)  The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain (Moved down one spot. Tiffani was a solid contestant, but she was kind of sluggish and her path was lucky in a way.)
18.) The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid (Moved up three spots. I like this win a little more now due to the fact that it was the first Purple Parrot win ever and Tony was pretty good also.)
19.) The Trojan Horseshoe (Moved up one spot. It was an average win but I enjoyed it a little bit.)
20 The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra (Moved down one spot. It was a decent win, but nothing hard or special.)
21.) The Jeweled Scabbard of Sorza (Big jump from 28 to 21. I don't know why I had this win ranked so low. It was easy abd everything, but still wasn't bad,)
22.) The Belly Button of Buddha (This win dropped from spot #18. It was a good solo when it comes to season one, but it was hard and boring to watch because she was sooo slow. :roll:)
23.) The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland (Went up a couple of spots. It was another easy win, but it was kind of exciting looking back. I feel that this is the legitimate fastest win and not "Shaka Zulu".)
24.) The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe the Ox (Another win that gets too much credit. I won't lie that Joel was fast, but he made too many mistakes that ruins the quality of this win.
25.) The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba (Dropped a couple of spots. Shane was very lucky with the path he took and lucky he didn't run into another temple guard. Nothing special about this run once again.)
26.) The Collar of Davy Crockett (Moved down a couple of spots, nothing special and Adam almost blew it.)
27.) The Ruby Earring of Benzibab (Moved down from 20 to 27. What is so special about this win? I remember people were hyping this win up during the Nick GaS days and it never impressed me.)
28.) The Diary of Dr. Livingstone (moved down two spots, this win was such a snoozefest)
29.) The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy (Moved up one spot, but it is still an undeserving win.)
30.) The Moccasins of Geronimo (This episode switched places with "Butch Cassidy" on account that I thought Paula was a little more deserving. Still a very undeservingw win)
31.) The Mask of Shaka Zulu (No change either, I don't even think of this as a quality win)
32.)  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: [Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder] (No change, and I don't think this will ever change either  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 08:56:59 PM »
Guess I'm not the only one who's opinion of Levitating Dog Leash dropped, big time. And THAT is my favorite Orange Iguanas win too. And I feel kind of bad for ranking Atocha so low. I might swap it with another win, but I really don't like it as much as I used to. Come to think of it, I might rank Enormous Iron Nose Ring higher too. I much prefer that over Ahmed Baba and Shaka Zulu. :mrsilver:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 11:01:01 PM »
Okay, I changed my original list and did some switching around. Atocha ranks MUCH higher than I originally had it, and Bandit Queen ranks much lower. Thoughts on my updated list?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 06:22:42 PM »
Honestly, wins #1-17 on my list are wins that I love even if they are ranked towards the middle. Even though I have Dog Leash at #17 doesn't mean that I think it is an average win. I just feel it is all about preference, and the wins ranked ahead of it are wins that I like more. But I still find it to be a solid win. Jason and Elizabeth were a strong team and it is a win that I can watch all the time and it never gets old.  :mrorange:

Bandit Queen is another win that was hard for me to rank. In that run, it almost wasn't a win because of Miriam. But Zac was so awesome and saved this run. It was crazy to seem him torch the bottom floor of the temple. Their layout may have been easy, but Zac probably would've won any layout for any team. ;)  :mrsilver:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 06:55:19 PM »
Yeah, Zac definitely would've won with any layout, just like Joel. Can you imagine what Zac would've done with Joel's layout? :shock: I also agree that the wins I ranked from #1-17 are all wins that I love, for the most part. I think those were the hardest for me to rank honestly. Anything below that was simple to rank, and some of those didn't even change much in ranking either. I was also very glad to rank both Galileo and Applewood Amulet high. Especially since nobody seems to appreciate either win. Those are the kind of wins I'll love no matter what. I don't care how easy those teams had it. They both deserve to rank at or near Top 10. :mrgreen: :mrsilver: