Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple Trivia  (Read 159364 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple Trivia
« Reply #255 on: February 11, 2007, 02:26:44 PM »
All 12. (Referencing Mitchell and Kimberly trying to complete room objectives after they grabbed their respective artifacts.)
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 12, 2007, 01:31:22 PM »
That's thinking a bit too much out of the box. No completing rooms after you've got the artifact. Keep all rules except the following: you can pick and choose the roms you want to use, artifact can be anywhere. Remember, the run must be solo.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #257 on: February 12, 2007, 03:51:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure the answer is 12 (if you complete the objective in the room of the artifact, 11 otherwise). If I'm incorrect, I'd be glad to share the reasoning why.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 12, 2007, 03:59:39 PM »
It's 10! Okay, say the artifact is in the Observatory and it's Season 2.  You go up to the Crypt and meet a Temple Guard and a locked door, so you descend into the Ledges and advance from there.  You go all the way across the bottom floor? avoiding a Temple Spirit in the Dark Forest along the way? and ride the elevator up from the Mineshaft.  Complete the objective there, then put the monkey together, smash the clay pots to find the key, avoid the Temple Guard in the center room and go up into the Observatory to grab the artifact.  I don't think it'd be possible with anything more than a few seconds left on the clock, but the magic number is indeed 10.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 12, 2007, 04:18:28 PM »
nicklegends is correct. i'd like to hear what you came up with.

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 12, 2007, 04:21:51 PM »
Just to clarify, 11 is right, not 12.  (Remember, no completing other rooms)

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #261 on: February 12, 2007, 05:10:02 PM »
Quote from: ""math""
Just to clarify, 11 is right, not 12.  (Remember, no completing other rooms)

Right, but you specifically said "after grabbing the artifact," not "except the artifact room itself." It wasn't clear, but I'm happy to have gotten the right answer. Thinking about it just now, it would actually be possible to complete all 11 without running into a temple guard, if you allow for the player to dodge the Dark Forest hands.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 12, 2007, 06:53:08 PM »
Name all the Purple Parrots that have completed the objective of The King's Storeroom.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2007, 10:11:02 AM »
Gracelyn, Akela and Tarrah.  That's it.

Quote from: ""nicklegends""
Right, but you specifically said "after grabbing the artifact," not "except the artifact room itself." It wasn't clear, but I'm happy to have gotten the right answer. Thinking about it just now, it would actually be possible to complete all 11 without running into a temple guard, if you allow for the player to dodge the Dark Forest hands.

How would 11 be possible? Sure you could avoid a Dark Forest Temple Spirit, but you'd cover all the other rooms, two of which would house unavoidable Temple Guards.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #264 on: February 13, 2007, 04:25:25 PM »
Quote from: ""The Ancient Warrior""
How would 11 be possible? Sure you could avoid a Dark Forest Temple Spirit, but you'd cover all the other rooms, two of which would house unavoidable Temple Guards.

Okay, let's say the guards are in the Dark Forest, the passage leading up to the King's Storeroom from the Chamber of the Sacred Markers, and the Room of the Ancient Warriors. The artifact could be, say, in the Room of the Secret Password.

Come to think of it again, I take back my comment that it would be possible to 11 without a guard. Nonetheless, it is still possible to ENTER eleven rooms without running into a guard.

You begin by going into the Crypt but change course and take the bottom path to the Tomb of the Headless Kings, complete it's objective, and head into the Jesters' Court. After finishing the Court, you race through the Dark Forest avoiding the guard and bust into the Quicksand Bog. Although it wouldn't be advisable, you could still go diagonally up to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, then to the Room of the Ancient Warriors where the suit of armor opening the door does not have the guard, and ENTERING the Chamber of the Sacred Markers, but not completing its objective (or the door upwards would open, revealing the guard). You could then go back to the Ancient Warriors, change paths, and go to the King's Storeroom, although after completing its objective, the door below cannot open. Then, just go left three rooms and to the artifact's location. 11 rooms entered before artifact room, no guards.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 13, 2007, 04:36:15 PM »
Now that I think about it, you could do the same thing but place the artifact in the King's Storeroom and the Chamber of the Sacred Markers Temple Guard in the Tomb of the Headless Kings.  The path is as follows:

Crypt- Ledges- Pit of the Pendulum- Tomb of the Headless Kings (TEMPLE GUARD!)- Jester's Court- Dark Forest (avoiding a Temple Spirit)- Quicksand Bog- Room of the Secret Password- Shrine of the Silver Monkey- Room of the Ancient Warriors (avoiding a Temple Guard ? la The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible)- Chamber of the Sacred Markers- King's Storeroom (GRAB THE ARTIFACT AND RUN!)

Given the path and the room objectives to complete, I don't think it 's actually possible, but theoretically it's the most you can do.

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 14, 2007, 07:37:39 AM »
Wait! I figured out 12! Here's my layout. Remember, I said the artifact could be anywhere. Take Season 2 Layout 3 and replace The King's Storeroom with The Room of the Ancient Warriors. Start in the Crypt, go down to the Ledges and go straight through the bottom avoiding the Dark Forest Temple Guard. Go up to the Lightning Room and straight across to Medusa's Lair avoiding Temple Guard in The Room of the Ancient Warriors. Go up to the Observatory (here's the tricky part,) complete the objective and grab the artifact on the Troubled Bridge. Of course, there would be a temple guard somewhere. You could also reverse this and place an artifact in the rock Quarry.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 14, 2007, 12:42:56 PM »
Quote from: ""math""
Go up to the Observatory (here's the tricky part,) complete the objective and grab the artifact on the Troubled Bridge. Of course, there would be a temple guard somewhere. You could also reverse this and place an artifact in the rock Quarry.

So I'm not the only one who thought of that idea! You'll see three artifacts in either half of the Mine Shaft/Bridge throughout Season 2 of The Rediscovery.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2007, 04:11:20 AM »
*is a few days late*

Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
The Red Sash
The Much-Heralded Helmet
The Jewel-Encrusted Egg
The Discarded Seal

Yes those are the four correct answers! The Jewel-Encrusted Egg does count since Kris never fell.

New question:

Name three rooms in the temple that never featured an artifact. (Not counting any of the entrance rooms or any type of pits).

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2007, 10:10:21 AM »
The Treasury of Golden Orbs, the Room of Fallen Columns, and the second-generation Observatory (the one with the celestial lights.)