The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
The Bonnet of Dolley Madison
The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
The Lost Lion Tail of Little John
The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief
Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder
The Collar of Davy Crockett
The Ruby Earring of Benzibab

Author Topic: Top 5 Easiest Layouts on Legends - FINAL POLL  (Read 3335 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Easiest Layouts by Team - Day Three: Orange Iguanas
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2013, 10:03:30 PM »
I voted for Butch Cassidy, Sir Gawain, and Dolley Madison. The former two episodes were pretty easy choices, but I voted for Dolley Madison because it had potential to be a solo victory. But instead, Matt took the direct path, and Ashlie stalled way too much in the Dark Forest. The layout was just like Sir Gawain, only with somewhat easier rooms.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2013, 11:33:07 PM »
For the Purple Parrots, I also went with Little John, Snakeskin Boots, and Blackfeet Chief. Someone actually voted for Freydis? :o

As for the Orange Iguanas, I too went with Butch Cassidy, Sir Gawain, and Dolley Madison. The first two were simple solo wins. The latter had that potential too if Matt didn't start in the Ledges. Ashlie completely blew it in the Dark Forest. A blown opportunity.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2013, 02:26:47 AM »
Seriously, how is Freydis an easy layout? :? Every room Tarrah entered was very far from easy, and she had to face a lot of objectives on the way to the bucket. It was a MUCH harder layout than Very Tall Turban, and Tarrah entered less rooms than Shane.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2013, 09:07:01 AM »
I forgot to mention this. If I remember correctly, my votes for the Silver Snakes went to Benzibab, Davy Crockett, and :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: .

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2013, 02:11:25 PM »
I can't believe that Freydis would be considered an easy layout. Jester's Court, Shrine, Dark Forest, and King's Storeroom were all rooms that were also featured in S3 too. That would be like the last Purple Parrot run I would consider easy. And even if the temple guard layout was kind of generous, Tarrah also took a shortcut, which allowed her to avoid one. The other guard was probably in the Mine Shaft, so she wouldn't have been lucky as Shane to take the longest way.

The winners for the Orange Iguanas though is Butch Cassidy (4), Sir Gawain (4), and Dolley Madison (2).

Next team up is GM1's team.  :mrgreen:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Easiest Layouts by Team - Day Four: Green Monkeys
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2013, 02:24:29 PM »
This was kind of a tough poll because I felt that 5-6 of these layouts were easy. I chose the Lost Lariat, Ahmed Baba, and Sforza as my vote.

1. Lost Lariat - This layout was short and had a shot at a solo win. All of the rooms, minus the Shrine, were easy and Colleen would've beaten Shaka Zulu's time had she used the Treasure Room shortcut. Even with Chris moving slow as hell, this team still grabbed the Lost Lariat with a lot of time. This was an easy layout that the team failed pretty badly at.

2. Ahmed Baba - This vote is for the very generous temple guard placement. There are plenty of runs where the team has taken the longest path in the temple (Fountain of Youth and Annie Oakley), but Shane got really lucky that there was no temple guard one room away like in this run. Or else, the team wouldn't have even reached the artifact.

3. Sforza - I hate to vote for this run, but it was way too easy for Season 3 standards. Lacey and Asher were a good team, but come on this win was handed on a silver platter. Even if the central shaft was tough, they still only had to enter five rooms? It's a good win, but at the bottom of the list when you compare to most of the S3 wins.

I know people are going to vote for The Trojan Horseshoe. While that was an easy layout, it didn't make the list because it was kind of long for a S1 run. Especially when you compare it to the Lost Lariat. Shawn and Lucretia had a longer layout than the Lariat team, and had no chance at a solo victory. And they still won.

Icarus would've been another choice too. But the path could be tougher though if April went in first and took a different route.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2013, 04:00:05 PM »
I also voted for Lost Lariat, Ahmed Baba, and Sforza. All those layouts were way too easy and/or had a generous temple guard placement. Lost Lariat was especially easy. That run had the potential to be a quick solo victory, but both Colleen and Chris blew it.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2013, 04:19:12 PM »
I voted for Lost Lariat, Sforza, and Sojourner Truth. I totally agree with you two about the first two runs I voted for, but I went with Sojourner Truth because it was essentially the Sir Gawain layout, but with temple guards. Despite that, there was no reason to blow the run the way this team did. I think it's easier than Ahmed Baba, but that's just me.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2013, 10:21:25 PM »
Sojourner Truth was an interesting choice. I was not even thinking about that one. That layout was definitely pretty simple compared to most S3 layouts and was exactly like Sir Gawain. The only reason I would have not voted for it would be because of the temple guard placement. In Sir Gawain, the temple guards were all avoidable and that was taking the most direct path to the artifact. In Sojourner Truth, the temple guard placement did play a factor. It forced the second player to retrace their partners path. But still, I think Tiffani and Jahmel would've won in the Sojourner Truth layout. Even Eddie and Mandy should've won.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2013, 10:39:47 PM »
You mean Tess? ;)

Then again, I'm a little biased. I still like the Ahmed Baba run. I don't care what anyone says. Shane had to deal with some time-consuming rooms too. Ledges, Rock Quarry, Laser Light Room, Shrine, and King's Storeroom. He did a nice job with the layout that was thrown his way. Eddie and Tess blew it though.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »
* Tess, not Mandy. :P I agree though, the Green Monkeys failed pretty bad in Sojourner Truth. Nobody really talks about how bad Tess and Eddie failed. Eddie was slow, but I blame Tess more for this loss. She moved slow, stalled in the Room of the Ancient Warriors, assembled the Silver Monkey the wrong way, and stalled in the Dark Forest. They could've easily won if it wasn't for those mistakes. I don't think it was a horrible run, but it was so boring with so many glaring mistakes that I avoid watching it.

I think Empress Eugenie gets an honorable mention too. That was another run where victory was on the team's side, but Jay and Janeen failed pretty bad at it too. Of course, it was all of Janeen's fault. She was waaaaay too hesitant. Everything about this run was favorable (no Bog or Secret Password door open), but Janeen stalled too much and this honestly should've been a victory. It would've made the last production day end with a bang.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2013, 01:00:46 AM »
I still don't get the love for Ahmed Baba. It was by far one of the easiest, most overrated wins ever. Shane didn't have to pass through 9 rooms, but he did anyways. Then compare that to Leopard Skin Cloak, where Chandra has a harder layout, and makes MUCH better time than Shane does. And she takes an identical path to Shane too, only Shane gets to keep going, but Chandra gets taken out one room away. Just because he enters almost every single room of the temple, doesn't make him "Mr. King Player." This wasn't Discarded Seal hard of a layout, even the slowest, most average person would've won with that layout. It may have been a long path, but the temple guard placement was just begging for a win. Easy and unexciting.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2013, 12:27:43 PM »
I think we have enough votes to move onto the next time. The three biggest winners are Sforza (5), Lost Lariat (4), and The Trojan Horseshoe/Ahmed Baba (2) for the last spot.

The Blue Barracudas are next.  :mrblue:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Easiest Layouts by Team - Day Five: Blue Barracudas
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »
The poll is set. I forgot to add Buddha, so it is the very last option in the poll. ;)

Anyways, I voted for Geronimo, Dr. Livingstone, and Golden Jaguar.

1. Geronimo - This was one of the easiest wins on the show. Mitchell had a very lucky and generous layout, and he was even more lucky the Treasure Room worked for him. The fact he walked through the whole temple and reached the Moccasins with over a minute left shows how easy this layout was. It is definitely NOT the best solo win ever either. :roll:

2. Dr. Livingstone - Tabitha and Brett had an easy layout where their only objective that they really had to complete was the very simple Viper's Nest. They weren't a bad team, but if they had a harder layout with more objectives, then Brett wouldn't have gotten away with entering every room...

3. Golden Jaguar - It was either this run or Buddha. I voted for this one though because the layout was slightly easier than Buddha (one less room the team had to travel through). Plus, there was a shot at a solo victory, but Chris blew it when he went into the Heart Room. Chris and Tracy were a good team, but they really should've won.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Top 3 Easiest Layouts by Team - Day Five: Blue Barracudas
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2013, 03:14:41 PM »
I also voted for Geronimo, Atahualpa, and Dr. Livingstone. All those layouts were too easy, and were wins. Or at least had the potential to be a win.