Author Topic: Pokémon Topic  (Read 14260 times)

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Topic
« Reply #330 on: October 11, 2013, 05:37:24 PM »
Guess what came a day early! :D

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #331 on: October 12, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »
I'm probably going to wait a while for the hype to cool down, heheh.  From on the sidelines, I'm still overwhelmed by all the new stuff and not going "ZOMG FUCK YES" right away like most of the internet seems to be... I'm just left wondering if there's other people that feel about the same way, but are too afraid to give an honest critique out of fear of being labeled genwunners.

So far, all I can say is I think the mega-evolutions are bull, it sounds like the main game's going to be way too easy, Ice seems to be getting the short end of the stick as I expected (really, it's just become the rarest type in the game) and Chespin's final evo actually made out pretty well.  I think I'd still be going with Fennekin on my first playthrough if I do get one of the games, but Chespin might be my second choice.  But I'll wait and see if it's actually worth getting once all the hype cools down.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #332 on: October 12, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-xy-data-collection.3489182/

These people are analyzing stats as much as possible. And my God, that Florges knows my love for Special Bulky Pokemon.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 14, 2013, 01:22:53 AM »
Flareon finally has Flare Blitz. Thank you GameFreak.
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #334 on: October 14, 2013, 03:11:12 PM »
Definitely keeping tabs on the Smogon thread now, hahah.  Still not too happy about Ice getting shafted, but at least some of the move tweaks seem to be good choices... aside from maybe powering down Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower and Thunder/Blizzard/Fire Blast, but I suppose it'd make the metagame a little slower-paced compared to the lightning-fast Gen V.

I do think the moves with the dual type quirk are a little too much (especially if some line up for a double weakness on one type, like Electric/Grass on a Water-type), but other than that, not as broken as I was expecting.  Still looking out for the tiers and clauses to be solidified, but it wouldn't surprise me if every single Mega-Evo gets booted straight into Ubers.  I wouldn't have it any other way if I were to join the Gen VI metagame.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 17, 2013, 03:10:12 AM »
Heliolisk knows Surf...... An Electric type that know Surf. Oh dear Lord, I want it!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 18, 2013, 06:18:23 AM »
If anyone needs stats, Serebii and the team tried to compile them.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 18, 2013, 07:18:06 PM »
Heliolisk knows Surf...... An Electric type that know Surf. Oh dear Lord, I want it!

Chinchou, Lanturn, and Stunfisk say hi. (And Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu via special events)

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 18, 2013, 11:41:43 PM »

Chinchou, Lanturn, and Stunfisk say hi. (And Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu via special events)
Well, it's the only one who I can essentially use without type clashing.

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 19, 2013, 05:53:29 PM »
Beat Y with:
Greninja
Florges (Easily the best member of my team, she's a beast)
Heliolisk
Talonflame
Aegislash
Dragalge (I was underwhelmed by this thing honestly. It couldn't do much damage to anything and it's bulk just didn't do it for me :/ )
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 27, 2013, 01:56:12 AM »
The international launches of Pokemon Bank and PokeTransporter have been delayed due to high server traffic following the Japanese release (which was subsequently pulled from the eShop as a result): http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2393/p/430

Well, that sucks. :( Whose bright idea was it to release them on Christmas in the first place, anyway?  :evil:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 29, 2013, 02:29:40 AM »
Finally got the update to remove the Lumiose Save glitch.

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2014, 02:23:44 PM »

THEY BROUGHT BACK THE ORIGINAL THEME! :D

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 23, 2014, 08:49:53 AM »
Delphox
Florges
Blastoise
Helioptile
Krookodile
Lucario

My team that defeated Diantha.

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 14, 2014, 04:25:10 PM »
Forgot to post this earlier, but Pokemon Bank is now out worldwide. :D

(And don't forget to get your free Celebi!)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:25:52 PM by The Silver Monkey »