Author Topic: The Main Spam Topic 2.0  (Read 822597 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: The Main Spam Topic 2.0
« Reply #48105 on: November 16, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »
http://therealicarlyfan.webs.com/

Found another Legends website, even though I don't know how often it's updated. It looks a lot like TAW's site.

Yes, his website looks very close to TAW's episode guide that he used for his fansite. I am not sure who would own that site though, but his personal episode reviews though don't look too bad. Although that Bifocal Monocle and William the Conqueror sounds very familiar...
Yeah, his/her reviews are similar to TAW's episode reviews, and generally copied the format TAW had. Apparently the webmaster has a fanfic series out, that he/she was eventually gonna post on the site. It's not too bad of a site, but it's so similar to TAW's site.
I'm positive that was lothtfan's website, although he hasn't been here in years.  But I do remember him ripping off epilogues from me and TBK, so yeah.
Now that I think of it, you're right. Plus, wasn't he/she an iCarly fan too? And I think he did plagiarize you and TBK's fanfics too, and when you called him out on it, he threw a fit and quit this forum.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48106 on: November 16, 2013, 03:31:44 PM »

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48108 on: November 16, 2013, 11:27:22 PM »
Man, buzzfeed.com is so addicting. Whether it be an article or a quiz, it's easy to get attached to it.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48109 on: November 17, 2013, 10:56:00 PM »
Case in point:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jaimieetkin/legends-of-the-hidden-temple-kirk-fogg-olmec

I don't think this has been posted yet, but it's a very interesting read. Some interesting tidbits from the article are:

The Mayan temple-set game show — which tested preteens through both physical and mental challenges, centering on the “legend” of the episode in hopes of winning a trip to space camp — has prompted fan fiction series
TBF's site was promoted in there, which was a nice shout out. Even though the site hasn't been updated in over 4 years. :azn:

And....

Again though, some did not take it so well. “They would have to stop the show every once in awhile during the middle of those runs because of kid meltdowns,” Fogg revealed. “Sometimes they’d be hysterically crying in the middle of the temple. The one girl that’s the famous one, she had a complete meltdown in the Pit of Despair so that was kind of ironic. She started bawling in the Pit of Despair and then she vomited in there. That’s the only time that happened. We had to cut, clean it up, clean the balls, and then, we had to reset her exactly where she was when we cut the time.
Regarding the girl who puked in the Pit. So it wasn't just embellished. Interesting that Kirk says this girl was bawling and vomiting. Something that was not brought up in the radio interview 7 years ago. I guess this said girl was having a panic attack. Kirk never says who actually did it, I'm guessing he meant Tarrah or Aqila? Interesting tidbit though, I'm not really surprised some players couldn't handle the temple. Especially considering what we read in Keeli's interview, and how she was in tears when she was removed from the temple.

Discuss. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48110 on: November 18, 2013, 03:14:29 PM »
I always thought that Tarrah from Freydis was the one that puked in the Pit of Despair. It just makes the most sense to me since we got that weird cut in the Pit of Despair where she turns her head towards the camera briefly. And it would make sense that the producers cleaned it up too since it would look bad to see that in camera. I remember someone said that Tarrah jumped across the Pit because she was afraid to jump into her puke. I definitely don't think that was the case and she was simply trying to take the easier route out of the temple via the Crypt. And at the end of the run, Tarrah looks like she was about to fall apart. It would be nice though if Kirk remembered the episode or that we could interview Tarrah. This is probably one of the biggest mysteries on the show. :P

Also, I am not surprised that some contestants had trouble handling the temple either. I mean these kids probably had long days, and sitting through four rounds of the show with three-four other episodes being taped at the same time wasn't easy. Keeli is a great example and you can't honestly blame her for showing a little bitterness towards her experience. Since the Stone Marker run had to be retaped over three times, I would be upset too. I guess sometimes  you can't really blame some of the stupid contestants for their mistakes either since at the end of the day, they were just 11-14 year old facing a huge labyrinth.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 03:15:17 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48111 on: November 18, 2013, 04:10:38 PM »
What about Missy from Lucky Pillow? I remember someone theorized here a long time ago that it could've been her due to how nervous she was. And I think that person might be on to something. Missy was a weepy, nervous wreck all episode, and she could've had a panic so much that she was crying and puked in the Pit. Not to mention, she was very emotional when she won. I don't think there were any edits in the Pit during her temple run, but its not THAT farfetched. The editing in the Pit in Tarrah's run was probably just a random edit. And thinking she jumped across the Pit to avoid that said spot is just reading too much into it. I think it was Missy who puked in the Pit, if this person was THAT hysterical.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48112 on: November 18, 2013, 04:13:14 PM »
And here's another interesting tidbit from the article:

Though he was thrilled to do it, Baker admits that some of the so-called “legends” were a bit absurd. “There was one that I remember in particular that they had to modify — I think Grandy Nanny was her name. Some were legends, some were actually historical events; they played pretty fast and loose with the definition of a ‘legend.’ And then, even if it was a legend, it wasn’t like they were accurate or true to that actual legend. I mean, this one in particular, it was like a Jamaican heroic grandma. I think the story was, if I remember correctly, she would shoot cannonballs out of her ass at the bad guys. But they changed the shooting of the cannonballs out of her butt to something completely different because you couldn’t do that on a kids game show. I just found that one to be so over-the-top and bizarre; but we couldn’t say it. It was a little too inappropriate, I guess, for the kids.”

A story about shooting cannonballs out of her ass? :shock: I guess these producers were winging it on some legends.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48113 on: November 19, 2013, 12:27:05 AM »
Legends always seemed to add their own spin to their legends, and it makes them feel silly and ruins them sometimes as a result. I know it is a kids show, but do we really need lines like "I am grounded for two weeks with no TV?!" like in the Red Sash legend. :roll: They tried way too hard in Season 3, and we got some really dumb legends like Xerxes, Bifocal Monocle, and Imperial Wizard. I am not sure why would anyone hear a story about Grandy Nanny shooting cannonballs out of her ass either?  :o It sounds so lame and is not even funny. :roll:

But yeah, Missy is another logical candidate also. She was indeed a nervous wreck and was almost in tears in every round. I am sure she was very anxious too, and it wouldn't be surprising if she was the culprit either. But didn't Kirk give us a name though? I think it was Sarah? There was only one that made it to the temple in Dead Man's Hand, but I don't think it could be her...

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48114 on: November 19, 2013, 12:45:34 AM »
Legends always seemed to add their own spin to their legends, and it makes them feel silly and ruins them sometimes as a result. I know it is a kids show, but do we really need lines like "I am grounded for two weeks with no TV?!" like in the Red Sash legend. :roll: They tried way too hard in Season 3, and we got some really dumb legends like Xerxes, Bifocal Monocle, and Imperial Wizard. I am not sure why would anyone hear a story about Grandy Nanny shooting cannonballs out of her ass either?  :o It sounds so lame and is not even funny. :roll:

But yeah, Missy is another logical candidate also. She was indeed a nervous wreck and was almost in tears in every round. I am sure she was very anxious too, and it wouldn't be surprising if she was the culprit either. But didn't Kirk give us a name though? I think it was Sarah? There was only one that made it to the temple in Dead Man's Hand, but I don't think it could be her...
Yeah, some of the legends were either completely ridiculous, or just downright.... bizarre. Like the Efoua legend and the dismembered body parts. I still don't know how anyone thought that legend was even remotely informative. :shock:

And yeah, Kirk does make a joke out of the contestant who puked in the Pit. He calls the said artifact "The Vomit Bucket of Sarah Paulsen." And Sarah Paulsen is some actress, obviously not THE main culprit. Kirk does say "they cleaned out the balls," obviously referring to the Season 2 Pit. So it definitely wasn't Sarah from Dead Man's Hand. I'm guessing it was Missy, due to how nervous she was.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48115 on: November 19, 2013, 12:49:55 AM »
Good point, if Kirk was cleaning dirty balls in the Pit of Despair, then it had to be in Season 2. And you can eliminate 12 episodes from that list too because the S2L3 episodes did not have any balls to clean. I think Tarrah or Missy is the most logical choice.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48116 on: November 19, 2013, 01:08:23 AM »
Plus, the Season 1 temple had sand like stuff in the Wall Climb the first four layouts. And Season 3 had the bricks in the Pit of the Pendulum. I figured from the start Kirk was talking about the Season 2 Pit anyways.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #48117 on: November 19, 2013, 06:32:26 PM »
Anyone here watch Doctor Who?

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts