Author Topic: Indiana Jones  (Read 987 times)

Offline Silver Snake Lord

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Indiana Jones
« on: July 19, 2014, 08:15:13 AM »
Any fans of this series here? It's one of my all-time favorite series and I love all the films very much in their own way, even the much-maligned fourth chapter. Disney recently bought the rights to more films and two more are supposedly on the way, I'm excited. My ranking for the series is probably quite untraditional and controversial, but it goes:

Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

I think in a lot of ways Raiders is truly the best one, though I find Temple Of Doom to be the most entertaining. I actually go back and forth on Last Crusade and Crystal Skull. I like The Last Crusade but it tends to be my least favorite due to being so deriative of the original, though it's still a tremendous film. A great series overall.

And of course, it's hard not to be reminded of Indy whenever I watch Legends episodes :)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 01:01:24 AM »
I love Indy! This is a classic series that have inspired many video game franchises and movies. I even own some of the Indiana Jones video games, which are awesome just like the movies. The movies themselves are classics. They also have a good live action show in Disney World too. ;)

I would rate it this way:

Raiders of the Lost Ark > Temple of Doom > Last Crusade > Crystal Skull

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 01:05:37 AM »
I'm afraid I'm not a fan, sorry. Is there anywhere where I can watch it? Maybe that will change my mind.

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 03:39:27 AM »
If there's any libraries near you they might have the DVDs for rent. Definitely give them another go, such a great series.

I literally finished watching Temple Of Doom just now. A lot of people hate that one but it's always been my favorite. One of my favorite movies ever.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 03:59:41 PM »
I doubt my library would have anything. Maybe I could YouTube it, or something. Who knows.

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 05:00:59 PM »
If you have Netflix they might have them all.