Author Topic: Forum history  (Read 4475 times)

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
Re: Forum history
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 11:04:21 PM »
With all due respect for TRJ, PPF, and any others who have contributed, here's an "updated" timeline of the forum. I'll be constantly adding to this, so look out for it. :D

2005:
- This forum was started by PhantomPBR. However, it wasn't a Legends related forum at all; rather one devoted to video games.

2006:
- PhantomPBR opens this forum up as a Legends fan forum and many new people joined in order to talk about the show.

- Some notable users join up, including nicklegends/Ed (King's Storeroom owner), Aaron (The Choices are Yours owner), and The Mandarin Hand (Room of the Mandarin Hand owner). Other notable users to join this year include Purple Parrots Fan (PPF), The Silver Monkey (TSM), and The Ancient Warrior (TAW).

- A lot of discussion and activity related to the show starts to pop up.

- TAW begins writing one of the forum's first great "seasons" of Legends fanfics, Legends: The Rediscovery, setting a new standard for well-written Legends fanfiction.

- Forum member Kamehameha becomes a nuisance, and gets banned for it. His signature posts involved him screaming "BENZIBAB!!111!11" and claiming that he was Robbie from "The Pendant of Kamehameha".

- Nick GaS decides to air the same 20 episodes in a row...over and over and over...

2007:
- Even more Legends fans join, including The Red Jaguars (TRJ) and The Bamboo Forest (TBF), and we have new Legends websites and discussions popping up.

- Legends airs on Nickelodeon for about three weeks, and we get the official production order for 19 episodes. "The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great" is the first episode aired, on May 14.

- Likewise, Nick GaS decides to stop screwing around, and gives us the official production order for the whole series.

- Nick GaS goes down the drain, and this forum loses interest.

2008:
- Activity on the forum slows down considerably, as the loss of Nick GaS and members' waning interest in the show cause a very slow period in the show's history.

2009:
- More new active members join, including The Bandit King (TBK), Red Jaguars Fan (RJF), and Asian Legends Fan (ALF). Old ones, such as TAW, also return for a second go.

- There is a debate between another forum and this forum about the use of Legends episodes they uploaded to MegaUpload. As a result, we lose the Legends episodes that were posted.

- New member The Bandit King begins writing his popular fanfic series, Legends: Rebirth.

2010:
- A slight period of inactivity, as more than a few people tend to lose interest in the show again.

- Member Toltendo suggests doing a Legends podcast.  Sadly, it never comes to fruition.

- Numerous problems with the Forumer host prompt many members to demand that the site be moved to a different server. Phantom and the other admins agree, and before the year is out, a new forum is in the works.

2011:
- The forum officially moves from Forumer to Simplemachines.

- The Silver Monkey becomes an admin, while Purple Parrots Fan and The Ancient Warrior become moderators.

- A couple of more members join, including PurpleParrot319 (PP319) and The Headless King (THK).

- Green Monkey Warrior joins, and due to events that could be considered "trolling", subsequently gets banned in early 2012.

- The Bandit King publishes his "countdown" of the Top 80 Greatest Nickelodeon Shows of All Time.  Rugrats tops the list, with Legends making it at #12.

- The old Forumer forum finally goes belly-up after more than a year of relative inactivity.

2012:
- The forum has a database crash, and loses about one month of posts.

- More new members join, such as PurpleParrot4Life and GreenMonkeys#1 (GM1).

- As a follow-up to the Greatest Nick Shows countdown, The Bandit King publishes his list of the 100 Worst Songs of All Time.  Rebecca Black's "Friday" comes out on top.

2013:
- The "gmwisback" April Fool's prank occurs, in which PPF poses as the banned Green Monkey Warrior and threatens to shut the site down. In addition, the forum flips upside-down, plays the song "Harlem Shake", and changes to Comic Sans font.  Various members also changed their names to those of notoriously bad contestants (for example, The Red Jaguars becomes "Ron the Cheater").
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:53:01 PM by The Bandit King »
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 11:28:18 PM »
Once again, Aaron owned "The Choices are Yours," not "The Heart Room." ;) Plus, Aaron got banned in 2007 for continuously starting fights with Renegade. Also, while 2010 wasn't the most active time period, Toltendo wanted to start a Legends Podcast. But the idea ended up getting dropped. And whether or not you want to include this, but the old forum was finally deleted for good at the end of 2012.

Other than that, great timeline. And yes, we were bad, bad contestants for April Fools Day yesterday. :grin:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 11:12:04 PM »
For reference, this is what bad contestant everyone was for April Fool's Day:

Me = Ron the Cheater
PPF = Clueless Jackie
PP319 - John and Tia
GM1 = Dumb Claude
PP4L = JASON GO!! (Dana)
TSM = Loser Larry

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2013, 11:16:16 PM »
TBK = Veronica Can't Climb!!

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2013, 09:55:15 PM »
TBK = Veronica Can't Climb!!
Thanks for that. :P

Anyhow, I edited accordingly.  I also changed something: Legends aired for 19 days in 2007, not 10. They showed "Catherine the Great" through "Royal Torque" in reverse production order.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2013, 07:03:11 PM »
I'll post about GMW. Feel free to correct me of I'm wrong about anything, as I don't remember eveyhing about her. GMW (Green Monkey Warrior) started off as The Poobah Jester. She was obsessed with pop culture and some show. Maybe it was Total Drama Island. She "knew tidbits of teen life'" and "was a girl like PPF." She was kinda annoying and immature. One day in the 8ball thread, she called out
PPF and RJF I think, for acting like they were her parents and something else. (Insert the stuff I don't remember here). She got banned, made fake accounts pretending to be her friends, telling the statf to unban her. She was cuckoo.

The show was Endurance and she complained that PPF & Bob were acting like her parents, not RJF ;)

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2013, 08:43:53 PM »
Umm no. It WAS me and RJF.

From Page 28 of the 8-ball thread:

Will PPF and RJF stop acting like my parents?

So I'm afraid it was a little Fogg Up on your part. Viper WAS right all along. ;)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2013, 08:52:26 PM »
Umm no. It WAS me and RJF. From Page 28 of the 8-ball thread:
Will PPF and RJF stop acting like my parents?
So I'm afraid it was a little Fogg Up on your part. Viper WAS right all along. ;)

Why did I think it was Bob?

Favorites
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2013, 09:00:18 PM »
I have no idea. Also, by reading TBK's timeline above, Forumer's version of this forum went belly up in late 2012, instead of late 2011. I'm pretty sure it was late 2012, since ALF brought it up in the Spam Topic around that time.

Offline NekoSuave

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2013, 09:05:19 PM »
- The "gmwisback" April Fool's prank occurs, in which PPF poses as the banned Green Monkey Warrior and threatens to shut the site down. In addition, the forum flips upside-down, plays the song "Harlem Shake", and changes to Comic Sans font.  Various members also changed their names to those of notoriously bad contestants (for example, The Red Jaguars becomes "Ron the Cheater").

Now I'm kind of wishing I joined around that time instead of late May. :lol:
Favorite Episode(s): The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, the Milk Bucket of Freydis, the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible
Favorite Team: Purple Parrots
Favorite Room(s): The Dark Forest, followed by the Lightning Room and the Shrine of the Silver Monkey

What if Legends was brought back in 2002? You get Legends of the Hidden Temple: Unearthed (updates every one to two weeks, on Wednesdays)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2013, 09:12:26 PM »
- The "gmwisback" April Fool's prank occurs, in which PPF poses as the banned Green Monkey Warrior and threatens to shut the site down. In addition, the forum flips upside-down, plays the song "Harlem Shake", and changes to Comic Sans font. Various members also changed their names to those of notoriously bad contestants (for example, The Red Jaguars becomes "Ron the Cheater").
Now I'm kind of wishing I joined around that time instead of late May. :lol:
I remember that, I thought the forum went to hell. I was actually the first to crack the code and knew it was a prank, but TAW PMed me and told me to keep it secret, so I pretended I didn't know what was going on, but I knew what was going on ;). You probably would've had a spamming fun time :lol:

Also, in February of this year, the whole Forumer base took an arrow in the knee and vanished. Good riddance  :roll:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2013, 09:35:39 PM »
Yeah, I was totally surprised I even pulled it off at all. I mean, I figured people were gonna catch on eventually, since this has been done before. But I thought I was gonna be exposed within 5 minutes and the prank would've been a complete failure. Thankfully, the prank was a success, and I did "spook" just about everyone. :lol: Plus, it brought the activity back up, since this forum was REALLY quiet throughout the month of March. Also, TSM tried to "shut" the forum down about a week later. Just to make it look like the Viacom feds were doing some sort of investigation. But, that part of the prank didn't catch on, and the forum went back to normal after that.

Offline GreenMonkey546

• Silver Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 10:24:39 PM »
And only one day after PPF's last post here, I joined the forum, being still the last in joining. Let's keep writing the history :P

Sometimes I wish I could have joined back in 2010.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2013, 11:16:45 PM »
What about 2006? The forum was brand new back then, and Nick Gas still existed. ;)

Offline GreenMonkey546

• Silver Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2013, 02:20:00 AM »
Yeah, I know, but in 2006 I didn't even realize this forum existed. I say so because there's when I find this place, as I said in the Spam Topic, and had a failed register try, that's why I usually say 2010 instead of 2006 ;)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 02:20:35 AM by GreenMonkey546 »