Author Topic: Forum history  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Forum history
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 03:29:48 PM »
I knew I could count on you to fill in the details, PPF. ;) And thanks for correcting me about Aaron's site too.  :P

And since we are speaking about Aaron, he was the only other member to ever get banned from this forum. So kamehameha and GMW weren't the only ones to be banned. aarnptrick or however you spelled it was banned also.

And here are the April Fool days jokes for reference:
2007: Renegade Pancake/The Mandarin Hand posts under kamehameha's name and acts like he hacked the forum. He fools everyone into believing that kamehameha banned nicklegends and co.
2008: ???
2009: ???
2010: ???
2011: Everyone's name is filtered to represent a hated singer.
2012: We all changed our names to pretend to be a hated singer.
In 2008 and 2009, nothing happened. In 2010, Ed pretended that the old Spam Topic had been deleted. So he created an "April Fools Day" spam topic, and acted like we had to start all over again. But, nobody actually fell for it because our postcounts were all the same still. :lol:

I don't know what we're gonna do this year though. It's definitely time to move away from the "hated pop stars theme." Since we've done that two years in a row now. Oh well, us mods will probably think of something. ;)

Offline Legend of Legends

• Orange Iguana
  • Legends is the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 04:50:26 PM »
This seems like some cool stuff, for the most part. The only negative things seem to be all those members that caused you guys trouble, and how Nick GaS got cancelled, which I remember from some time ago. It was really stupid. Let's see what happens this year to see what we will add to our timelines once the year ends!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 06:12:54 PM »
That, and Nick Gas's 20 episode cycle. Where they played the same 20 episodes throughout late 2006 and made no attempt to change it.

• Orange Iguana
  • Legends is the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 06:30:37 PM »
Oh yeah. Forgot that.

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 06:06:58 AM »
So yeah, as PPF mentioned, I tried to get a podcast going in 2010, but I felt very insecure about my voice, how it had to be organized, what sort of content would we be talking about, etc. We even had a couple of preview videos that we made for the show, but it fell through.

I really wanted something to happen, but I guess it was better than just doing nothing about it. I would like to try it one more time to see what happens and just have a flowing conversation about whatever it is. I think I can do it again if anyone is interested, although my knowledge is pretty rusty.

Other than that, there was a flurry of activity when I joined in 2009. It was the summer days and winter breaks when I was the most active. I got to know some of the people on the forum and its nice to know these people are actual, decent people who have/had a passion for Legends at that time. It's been a small-knit community when I joined, but unfortunately I don't frequent the place much due to having other stuff needing to be done in real life, but I am starting to have interests in watching Legends again.

But yeah, I didn't know Aaron was banned from this forum. There seems to be a lot of other crazy/exciting stuff that has happened that I didn't know, but I kinda miss the arcade, but it was really buggy though.

Oh yeah, I tend to lurk here late at nights and you guys gave me a nickname because of that, I forgot what the name was.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:21:56 AM by Toltendo »
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 12:54:05 PM »
I thought you called yourself "The Janitor," actually. :P

Not sure if the fanfiction side of things is noteworthy, but there were at least two or three periods for that.  Mid-2006 had a big collab project with forty fanfic episodes written by various members, which ended up being called the "Lost Season 4" or such.  I unintentionally started a new craze when I came in later that year, since instead of just a handful of episodes, I had enough ideas to write a whole series, an imagined revival called "The Rediscovery." So that inspired a ton of other full series attempts instead of the individual episodes that were being written before.

And then motivation died down and we moved on to more real-life responsibilities or creating other things, so all that's left now is the "Make your own episodes" thread.  But of course, you're always free to write your own episodes if you can and want. ;)
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Orange Iguana
  • Legends is the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2013, 01:49:46 PM »
Neat, I may search for some of of that.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 03:36:30 PM »
Oh yeah, I almost forgot Aaron was banned here. He mostly started fights with Renegade about video ownership. Each one of his complaints got more and more annoying each time he came here. So in the end, he was banned. Also, I'm pretty sure Johnnie (one of the CNS admins) tried to join here, but was banned before any flamewars were to take place.

As for the fanfics, those were pretty big around here. Like TAW mentioned, a lot of members came together and wrote fanfics for the "Lost Season 4" of Legends. Then came the aforementioned Rediscovery, TBF's "Wild Jungle" series, and TBK's "Rebirth." I'm pretty sure RJF started a series of his own, I'm not sure how many episodes he made though. As for me, I never got into fanfic writing. I always thought it took too much time, and I had no ideas. Oh well, that's what the "Make your own episode thread" is for, if you don't feel like writing a whole story. :P

In fact, I think I was the one who came up with the "make your own episode" idea. I was messing around with the random.org generators, and I brought up the idea here. TSM then made a thread of it and it quickly caught on. Other than that though, the fanfic section is pretty much dead.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2013, 04:05:56 PM »
Just to be funny, but when was the first day that TRJ was named Fogg Up God

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2013, 10:19:43 PM »
I believe it was around the time I acknowledged the one year anniversary of us moving to SMF. And everyone noticed TRJ's new banner/status. So with our move to SMF being January 6 or 7 2011, I believe it was January 7, 2012 where TRJ got his new found status.

All of this is remembered thanks to a forum search and finding the posts in the Spam Topic. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2013, 11:34:05 PM »
Yup, that was indeed the exact date when I got the Fogg-up banner. It was when I called PPF a "he" by accident that day when they gave me that banner. Here is the link where everyone first acknowledged it:

http://phantomstemple.us.to/index.php?topic=2137.msg95911#msg95911

So yeah, it was more "recently" when I got that banner. ;)

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 04:11:55 PM »
Add another event to this place's history:

March 29-30, 2013: The soon-to-be-infamous "GMW Prank". :lol:
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 04:31:13 PM »
Yup, all bow down to the master! :mrpurple: :mrpink:

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 04:36:39 PM »
Yup, all bow down to the master! :mrpurple: :mrpink:
Oh, shut up. :lol:
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 04:15:43 PM »

The "GMW" prank
Forum flips upside down
Forum does Harlem Shake
Everyone changes name to contestant we hate

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts