Author Topic: Forum history  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Legend of Legends

• Orange Iguana
  • Legends is the best!
    • View Profile
Forum history
« on: March 13, 2013, 04:58:24 PM »
Since I became a new member yesterday, I am curious to know the history of this forum. Anyone could tell me, but I would really like it if an experienced member would explain.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Forum history
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 06:30:42 PM »
Man, I wouldn't know where to start. :lol:

Well, this forum was started in 2005, but didn't become active until a year later. We used to be part of Forumer, but moved to SMF 2 years ago and have been here since. Anyone else who would like to fill in more, feel free. And I'll add on to that accordingly. :P

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:32:56 PM »

Well, this forum was started in 2005, but didn't become active until a year later. We used to be part of Forumer, but moved to SMF 2 years ago and have been here since. Anyone else who would like to fill in more, feel free. And I'll add on to that accordingly. :P

No mention of Kamehameha and The Mandarin Hand/Renegade Pancake? ;)

Oh, and welcome to the board League. It's always great to have a new member, especially one that posts.  :mrteal:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 06:33:52 PM by PurpleParrot319 »

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 06:33:39 PM »
Or GMW? I said anyone can fill this in. :azn:

Offline Legend of Legends

• Orange Iguana
  • Legends is the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 08:47:14 PM »

No mention of Kamehameha and The Mandarin Hand/Renegade Pancake? ;)

Oh, and welcome to the board League. It's always great to have a new member, especially one that posts.  :mrteal:

Well thanks. I want to be as active as posible, like I said before.

So I'm guessing this forum has been through a lot of things.

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 10:24:31 PM »
I'll post about GMW. Feel free to correct me of I'm wrong about anything, as I don't remember eveyhing about her. GMW (Green Monkey Warrior) started off as The Poobah Jester. She was obsessed with pop culture and some show. Maybe it was Total Drama Island. She "knew tidbits of teen life'" and "was a girl like PPF." She was kinda annoying and immature. One day in the 8ball thread, she called out
PPF and RJF I think, for acting like they were her parents and something else. (Insert the stuff I don't remember here). She got banned, made fake accounts pretending to be her friends, telling the statf to unban her. She was cuckoo.
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 10:34:23 PM »
I've only been around since September but that GMW sure sounded like a jerk. And why doesn't Kamehameha's account say Taken out of the Temple?  :?  :|  :huh:

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 10:37:57 PM »
I've only been around since September but that GMW sure sounded like a jerk. And why doesn't Kamehameha's account say Taken out of the Temple?  :?  :|  :huh:
Because when we moved to SMF, nobody ever gave him a "taken out of the temple" message. He's still permabanned though,

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 11:58:30 PM »
Here is what I came up with

2005:
- This forum was started by PhantomPBR, but it wasn't a Legends related forum at all.

2006:
- PhantomPBR opens this forum up as a Legends fan forum and many new people joined in order to talk about the show.

- Some notable users include nicklegends/Ed (King's Storeroom owner), Aaron (Heart Room owner), and The Mandarin Hand (Room of the Mandarin Hand owner).

- A lot of discussion and activity related to the show starts to pop up.

- Kamehameha becomes a nuisance and gets banned for it. His signature posts involved him screaming "BENZIBAB!!111!11" and said that he was Robbie from "Kamehameha".

- Nick GaS decides to air the same 20 episodes. :roll:

2007:
- Even more Legends fans join and we have new Legends websites and discussions popping up.

- Legends airs on Nickelodeon for 10 days and we get the official production order for 10 episodes.

- Likewise, Nick GaS decides to stop screwing around and gives us the official production order for the whole series.

- Nick GaS goes down the drain, and this forum loses interest.

2008:

???

2009:
- More new active members join and old ones return for a second go.

- There is a debate between another forum and this forum about the use of Legends episodes they uploaded to MegaUpload. As a result, we lost the Legends episodes that were posted.

2010:

?????

2011:
- This forum moves to Forumer.

- The Silver Monkey becomes an admin while Purple Parrots Fan becomes a moderator.

- A couple of more members join.

- Green Monkey Warrior joins and subsequently gets banned in early 2012.

2012:
- This forum has a database crash and we lost about one month of posts.

- More new members

2013:

?????
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:59:38 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 01:48:29 AM »
Aaron was the owner of "Choices of Yours," not "The Heart Room." And TAW also became a moderator, not just me. ;)

Anyways, to add a few things:

Basically 2005 was the "pilot" of this forum. and it was mostly Phantom and his forum friends posting.

2006:
- During the summer, this forum REALLY takes off and has tons of activity. Also, it's worth noting that The Daily Episode Log was the main go to topic at this forum back in the day. This was before the Spam Topic ever became anything. There was a little activity in the latter topic in late 2006, but not by much. :lol:

2007:
- I can't believe this was left out. Renegade Pancake's April Fools Day prank where he impersonates Kamehameha. There are several topics in the Jester's Court if you want to check those out.
- Also, the Spam Topic starts to pick up more activity, and spans quite a few pages.

Literally nothing happened in 2008. Everyone's interest basically dwindled down when Nick Gas left the airwaves in late 2007.

2009:
- Several members (TAW, TBF) make a comeback to this forum. And other members (ALF, RJF, TBK) join the forums as well. And the Spam Topic REALLY takes off and spans many pages. The forum officially bounces back from its 2008 slump, as active as ever.

2010:
- Not much else happened other than a Podcast that was to be started up by Toltendo, ALF, and The Dark Enforcer/Bob. But, the idea never really got off the ground, so it was scrapped. Other than that, it was just more activity by us members in the Spam Topic.

2011:
- The Temple Games section is created, and becomes very active. I know this doesn't really count, but we never had a games section here up until then.
- Also, we get a new generation of members. While TBF stopped being active, other members like PP319, THK, Viper, etc. join us. And TRJ makes a comeback from 2009 here, where he's been active ever since. :mrred:

2012:
- GMW's ban from this forum, like stated above. And also the database crash, where we lost posts from most of February to early March of last year. But, just like in 2010, it was just us members posting again. Even though the activity became a little less active by the summer.
- Also, Forumer's version of this forum gets deleted for good due to merely treating it as a redirect to here. AKA, one of the stupidest TOS violation reasons I have ever heard. Totally a ridiculous idea. :roll: Oh, and the old Spam Topic reached 3,812 pages before the shut down. And we have yet to beat that. Just less than 1,000 pages to go to surpass that.

And so far this year, not much else has happened. But, it's still pretty early in the year, so that can change. ;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:50:47 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »
I knew I could count on you to fill in the details, PPF. ;) And thanks for correcting me about Aaron's site too.  :P

And since we are speaking about Aaron, he was the only other member to ever get banned from this forum. So kamehameha and GMW weren't the only ones to be banned. aarnptrick or however you spelled it was banned also.

And here are the April Fool days jokes for reference:
2007: Renegade Pancake/The Mandarin Hand posts under kamehameha's name and acts like he hacked the forum. He fools everyone into believing that kamehameha banned nicklegends and co.
2008: ???
2009: ???
2010: ???
2011: Everyone's name is filtered to represent a hated singer.
2012: We all changed our names to pretend to be a hated singer.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 01:19:09 PM »
I would go crazy if this year's prank is all of our names are changed to a contestant we hate. (John, Tia, etc...)

Favorites
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 01:27:19 PM »
I would go crazy if this year's prank is all of our names are changed to a contestant we hate. (John, Tia, etc...)

Last year, we changed our names to mediocre pop singers of today. Last year, I went by the name "Bieber Maniac". :lol:

Who knows, maybe this year we'll change our names to terrible players. Heck, I did it two years ago as a Halloween joke. I was "Terrible Claude".

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 01:38:31 PM »
Well in 2012, PP4L & I joined the Forum and the Best Win Tournament was done. In 2013 the Chamber of Sacred Markers board was created.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 02:47:06 PM »
And some defunct features that use to exist on this forum included the Chatroom and Arcade. I miss the Arcade, but it was so buggy and caused lagging on the site. We also had the Legends Store and Pendant system, but it was nothing special.