Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 21238 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #300 on: September 20, 2012, 10:23:39 PM »
Speaking of Virtual Console, weren't one of you looking for a Wii-compatible SNES controller to play ALttP with?: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ee14/

I think that was me. I ended up getting a Classic Pro controller instead. It works great for LttP. ;)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 21, 2012, 12:31:08 AM »
Bought a Wii Points card today with some of my paycheck, and I intend on getting Majora's Mask over the weekend and seeing how much I progress.

Hopefully you played MM before, because it is a lot different than OoT and requires more patience to first playthrough than OoT. But you probably played it before, so you know what to expect. ;)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #302 on: September 21, 2012, 10:17:29 AM »
OoT Dungeons:
1. Inside The Deku Tree
2. Dodongo's Cavern
3. Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly
4. Forest Temple
5. Fire Temple
6. Water Temple
7. Shadow Temple
8. Spirit Temple
9. Ganon Tower

TP Dungeons:
1. Forest Temple
2. Goron Mines
3. Lakebed Temple
4. Arbiter's Grounds
5. Snowpeak Ruins
6. Temple Of Time
7. City In The Sky
8. Palace Of Twilight
9. Hyrule Castle Tower

SS Dungeons:
1. Skyview Temple
2. Earth Temple
3. Lanayru Mining Facility
4. Ancient Cistern
5. Sandship
6. Fire Sanctuary
7. Sky Keep
8. Sacred Grounds

Seriously, why couldn't they be more creative with the names in OoT?
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 21, 2012, 01:26:33 PM »
Well, OoT was the first 3D Zelda game, so some of the stuff in the game is unorignal. I thought the first three kid dungeons were fine and creative enough. The temple names were pretty unoriginal, but they were following some sort of template when they made those dungeon names though. MM is also guilty of this by having "_____ Temple" as the name of every dungeon.

It wasn't until TP when they moved away from calling every dungeon a "Temple" and they started using more unique places as dungeons. Like Snowpeak Ruins and Arbiter's Grounds were original names and designs for a dungeon. I have heard good things about the Ancient Cistern dungeon also in SS.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 21, 2012, 08:35:45 PM »
Bought a Wii Points card today with some of my paycheck, and I intend on getting Majora's Mask over the weekend and seeing how much I progress.

Hopefully you played MM before, because it is a lot different than OoT and requires more patience to first playthrough than OoT. But you probably played it before, so you know what to expect. ;)
Yeah, I've played it before, but it's been a while.

And...interesting avvie. Biggest bitch in video game history. :lol:
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 22, 2012, 01:57:39 AM »
She is a pain in the ass. I wouldn't have mind her character that much if it wasn't for the whole Jabu-Jabu Belly chore with lugging her around. It wouldn't have been so bad if she didn't get mad at you for leaving her every five minutes.. I think characters like Mido and Tingle are definitely worst though. Tingle is so bad that they had to make a spinoff game based on him. :roll:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 02:00:59 AM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 22, 2012, 02:03:18 AM »
The worst part was Ruto would complain about you leaving her everytime you went into a different room. That got old really fast, and it didn't help that Jabu Jabu's Belly was way too confusing to get through. Tingle and Mido sucked too, but I thought Ruto was the worst. The only positive thing I can say about the Jabu Jabu ordeal, is that I accidentally went into the mini boss (barf) room and got rid of Ruto too early. I had to use cheats to get the boomerang because I couldn't access one of the rooms that featured it. This happened on my most recent playthrough this summer. If it's any consolation, at least I ditched Ruto sooner and didn't have to carry her around everywhere.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 22, 2012, 05:29:24 PM »
The worst part was Ruto would complain about you leaving her everytime you went into a different room. That got old really fast, and it didn't help that Jabu Jabu's Belly was way too confusing to get through. Tingle and Mido sucked too, but I thought Ruto was the worst. The only positive thing I can say about the Jabu Jabu ordeal, is that I accidentally went into the mini boss (barf) room and got rid of Ruto too early. I had to use cheats to get the boomerang because I couldn't access one of the rooms that featured it. This happened on my most recent playthrough this summer. If it's any consolation, at least I ditched Ruto sooner and didn't have to carry her around everywhere.
She annoyed the crap out of me when I first played the game. At the end of the level, I'm like "Great, I have to MARRY this bitch now? Gimme a break..."
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 24, 2012, 12:15:57 AM »
For some reason, all the girls in the game had to have some kind of interest in Link. I mean we had Zelda, Saria, Ruto, Malon, and even Nabooru. Although in Nabooru's case, it was not on the same level as the ones above.

But the only real ones that make sense to me is Saria and Zelda. Saria was a childhood friend that Link grew up with and she was the only one that actually cared for Link and didn't shun him like the other Kokiris. She was also the only one to understand Link's true self. Likewise, Zelda and Link were the ones that saved Hyrule together. They went through a lot, so it would make sense for them to have feelings for each other. I don't see how either Malon or Ruto could have any liking in Link when they hardly interact with him like the above two.

At least MM cut down on the whole relationship aspect. I mean you didn't see the Deku Princess or Lulu slobbering over Link. Although MM gave us Tingle. What the hell Nintendo? Why would you make a 35 year old man that dresses as a fairy? No wonder his father disowns him. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 24, 2012, 12:58:09 AM »
Yeah, Tingle was lame. The most annoying part was when he kept repeating the same speech over and over again. I know it was because of going back in time a lot, but it was still too much. Oh well, at least we got inexpensive maps from him. And I totally agree with your above post. Saria and Zelda made the best sense for Link's love interest than any other character. As for the Deku Princess.... man that interaction/obsession would be creepy. :shock:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 13, 2012, 08:55:37 AM »
Well, I decided to play "Majora's Mask"
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 13, 2012, 12:47:10 PM »
Funny, I have the urge to play OoT over again too. Maybe I will do that over Thanksgiving Break next week? I would try MM again too, but that game would take longer than a week for me. ;)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 13, 2012, 03:42:34 PM »
I've finally got through Snowhead. Once I get the upgraded sword, it will be Romani Ranch and then Zora Cape and then my least favorite Temple ever.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 13, 2012, 04:12:47 PM »
I might play OOT or MM again, but since I have a new laptop, I'll have to download Project 64 again. It might a little longer before I replay though, since I just got done with both games as recently as a few months ago.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 13, 2012, 07:26:28 PM »
I actually hate the Snowhead part of MM the most. I just hate everything about it from the characters to Goron Link. The temple sucked too and Goron Link was my least favorite transformation. Although Goht is a fun boss and I do enjoy the concept of the boss battle. But good luck with Great Bay Temple. I can't imagine going through that temple again. But one of my favorite parts of Great Bay is the Pirate's Hideout.  :mrred: