Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 21236 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2012, 10:56:43 AM »
I can't rank that since I don't have OoT. Sorry. :(

I only have four Zelda games: The Legend of Zelda (NES), Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link (NES), A Link To The Past (SNES, but it's downloaded on my Wii), and Link's Awakening (Game Boy). I'm thinking about playing one of these games again (except for LA since I don't feel like it), but I don't know which one I should play. Which one should I play through again?

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2012, 03:07:07 PM »
How about the first? Since that was the one that started it all. I don't think I've ever played the earliest games before, but I heard Zelda 2 is really hard.

As for my rankings on the OOT dungeons:
1.) Spirit Temple
2.) Forest Temple
3.) Shadow Temple
4.) Ganon's Castle
5.) Water Temple
6.) Inside the Great Deku Tree
7.) Fire Temple
8.) Dodongo's Cavern
9.) Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly

To me, the Ice Cavern and the Bottom of the Well doesn't count. I only counted actual dungeons where you receive either a spiritual stone or a medallion.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #257 on: August 23, 2012, 03:30:18 AM »
How about the first? Since that was the one that started it all. I don't think I've ever played the earliest games before, but I heard Zelda 2 is really hard.

As for my rankings on the OOT dungeons:
1.) Spirit Temple
2.) Forest Temple
3.) Shadow Temple
4.) Ganon's Castle
5.) Water Temple
6.) Inside the Great Deku Tree
7.) Fire Temple
8.) Dodongo's Cavern
9.) Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly

To me, the Ice Cavern and the Bottom of the Well doesn't count. I only counted actual dungeons where you receive either a spiritual stone or a medallion.
As long as there's a big boss, then it's a real dungeon to me.

I'm not sure how I would rank, but we're in agreement that Spirit Temple was the best.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 23, 2012, 11:31:05 AM »
I don't consider the Ice Cavern or Well an actual dungeon either, more like a mini-dungeon. But they both have a Compass and Dungeon Map, so they are at least a form of a dungeon IMO.

As for PPF's list, it looks sort of similar to mine. Both of us rank the childhood dungeons low. Which makes sense since they were not very exciting or challenging. Even though I detest both Jabu-Jabu and Dodongo's Cavern, I ranked Jabu-Jabu higher than Dodongo because at least Jabu-Jabu had a unique dungeon. Dodongo's Cavern is so boring and linear.  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2012, 03:47:48 PM »
I really don't mind Dodongo's Cavern at all. It's a boring dungeon sure, but it's not the absolute worst. Jabu Jabu's Belly is just terrible. It's both annoying and tedious to get through, and the whole dungeon just looks.... gross. Plus, I hate having to carry Princess Ruto around everywhere. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2012, 07:08:46 PM »
Yeah, Ruto is easily the most unlikeable character in OoT IMO. It was just a chore to cart her around inside that dungeon. And if you drop her in the water or leave her behind, you have to go all the way back to the area where you met her to get her back. And of course, she gets mad at you if you do leave her behind. :roll: They went a little over-the-top with the whole dungeon design. It really dragged on and I thought we were done after the Big Octo fight. And Barinade is also a pain to fight. Even though it is the last child dungeon in the game before pulling the Master Sword, they expected way too much.

And this is the exact reason why I detest the Fire Temple too. Too many areas where you could mess up in. And freeing all the Gorons were a chore too. I honestly wouldn't have cared if Volvagia ate those mother f'ers.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2012, 08:26:22 PM »
Yeah, I don't like Fire Temple either. Too long to get through and so easy to get lost in. Though I personally didn't mind freeing all the Gorons. It's not like they were ungrateful once you freed them, or acted like a n00b and didn't thank you for freeing them. This must be an unpopular opinion, but I happen to like the Gorons. I think they're really neat creatures, even if they don't do too much. They're A LOT more interesting than the MM Gorons, who aren't even memorable outside the Elder Goron and that crying kid. Still dislike the Fire Temple and also Dodongo's Cavern though.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »

Click Zoom to see the full image

A few funny Zelda images I found. Sorry the first picture is so big, but just thought I'd post them. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2012, 08:41:07 PM »

Click Zoom to see the full image

A few funny Zelda images I found. Sorry the first picture is so big, but just thought I'd post them. :P

Those set of images made me laugh.  :lol: Navi is such a big mouth and instigator. I like how she basically made the whole situation worse. Although it is funny how the Fairy Ocarina mysteriously disappears the moment Link got the Ocarina of Time.   :o

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »
Yeah, I'm surprised they never touched up on the "ocarina upgrade" in the game. Considering a bunch of comics/pictures I've seen feature Saria pissed at Link for having a different ocarina. Speaking of Navi being an instigator (and dumb), here's another one:

Idiot much, Navi?

And here are some REALLY funny ones in this blog post here.

I know that naming your character that is kind of stupid, but I still found it funny nonetheless. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2012, 02:02:12 AM »
Yeah, you can have a lot of fun with naming Link. Like you can name Link "Nabooru" and when you talk to her in the Spirit Temple and tell her your name, she will say "Nabooru? What kind of name is that?"  :lol: And there is so much other funny stuff you can do with Link's name.

And I feel dumb now because I finally understand that one Malon/Saria/Zelda picture.  :oops: Link was playing the Sun's Song and changing the time of day all the time in that comic strip.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2012, 02:05:31 AM »
Yeah, he was bitter about not being invited to the picnic. I was hoping the day/night flashing would show up, but apparently it didn't. That must have added to your confusion. Oh well, it's easily googable. If you come across it, you'll see how the sky flashes on and off due to Link playing Sun's Song constantly.

EDIT: Actually, the sky flashes for me after all. Maybe your computer won't show that? If that was why you didn't understand the comic strip at first that is.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 02:07:52 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »
Here are some more funny pics:

Link on The Roy Show!
Part 2
Part 3

Basically, The Roy Show is like The Jerry Springer Show. LOL at Darunia being the Steve-esque guard in the first comic strip. And Zelda and Malon's fighting in the second comic strip is equally hilarious. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 04, 2012, 12:36:44 AM »
Luckily I have played Fire Emblem before so I recognize all the characters like Marth and Roy and understood the joke better. And yeah, I saw the flash in your previous comic strip when I used IE as my browser. It didn't work though when I used Opera. :o

So the real question is... who in OoT was the best girl for Link?

I always thought Zelda and Link would've been the best pairing. They were the one that went through the most together. It was the two of them (well, mostly Link) that took down Ganondorf. And not to mention, Link actually kept the Ocarina of Time and not discard it like he did with the Fairy Ocarina. :lol:

Saria and Link would be a good couple... if only Saria would grow up too. Adult Link and Saria would be too creepy and would have people making sexual scenarios like they did with Child Link/Nabooru.

I never really saw Malon and Link as a couple. They never really shared any moments together like the two above. All Malon taught Link was Epona's Song. And she was an entirely optional character to talk to after Castle Town anyways.

And of course Ruto. Let's not even go there with that one...  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 04, 2012, 01:12:49 AM »
I would definitely say Zelda was the best girl for Link. Considering how often they worked together throughout the Zelda series. Saria is great as a friend, but not really as a couple. And yes, the Adult Link/kid Saria combination would never work. That hook up wouldn't even be legal. XD And yeah, Malon was just a friend who only taught you a song on the ocarina. She wasn't even that important of a character besides that. And don't get me started on Ruto. :roll: