Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 21238 times)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2012, 12:01:48 PM »
The Red Jaguars - Darunia
The Blue Barracudas - Ruto
The Green Monkeys - Saria
The Orange Iguanas - Nabooru
The Purple Parrots - Impa
The Silver Snakes - Zelda??????
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:17:40 PM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2012, 03:14:14 PM »
Between that scene and the Twinrova scene, its hard to choose which one was funnier. I like the Twinrova scene slightly better though because it lightens up the mood a little bit after such an epic battle. But yeah, I never got that scene before and have to try it sometime. That is one great thing about the masks in MM - it can change some of the dialogue and interactions in the game.
I like Twinrova the best. Definitely lightens up the mood after a rather difficult battle. And good find on the deleted cut scenes too, I always love looking at them and discovering new stuff.

:mryellow: = Rauru
 :mrgreen: = Saria
 :mrred: = Darunia
 :mrblue: = Ruto
 :mrpurple: = Impa
 :mrorange: = Nabooru
 :mrsilver: = Zelda

The Six Sages and their leader.   :mryellow: :mrgreen: :mrred: :mrblue: :mrpurple: :mrsilver:
Okay, you definitely know how to read my mind. :o Because I've thought of that very same thing when it comes to OOT. I mean, I know it's pretty obvious either way with the medallions and the colors. But still, it pertains to running through temples. Albeit much bigger ones than what you see on Legends. :lol:

If you were to start a certain temple by order of teams, it would probably go like this:
Red Jaguars, Fire Temple - Darunia (Not uncommon that some people start with Fire Temple first)
Green Monkeys, Forest Temple - Saria (Usually everyone's first, plus you can't do Water Temple without arrows)
Blue Barracudas, Water Temple - Ruto (The third, middle temple, naturally)
Orange Iguanas, Spirit Temple - Nabooru (Not uncommon that this is some peoples choice at second to last)
Purple Parrots, Shadow Temple - Impa (Some people's choice for last, even though it's usually second to last)

Besides the Forest and Water Temple, most of the temple orders are the same as how they're introduced on the show.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 09, 2012, 01:13:19 PM »
Zelda was suppose to be the leader of all the Sages, and I thought Silver fit her well for obvious reasons. But yeah, I guess that doesn't really work for her. :mrsilver:

Anyways, nothing really new on my MM progress. I have been doing other sidequests and collecting other masks. I just collected the Bremen Mask from Romani Ranch and got the Dog Race heart piece. I only have 10 heart pieces at the moment and I want to have at least 13 before I go to the moon. I am also missing a bunch of mask like the Romani Mask, Couple's Mask, and the Postman's Mask. I also need to get the Stone Mask or whatever the one that makes Link invisible also.

Hopefully I will try to take on Stone Tower Temple again soon.  :o

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2012, 01:22:55 PM »
I've finished the final fight in TP, and let me tell you. It was hard and frustrating. More so than OoT.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2012, 03:48:08 PM »
Anyways, nothing really new on my MM progress. I have been doing other sidequests and collecting other masks. I just collected the Bremen Mask from Romani Ranch and got the Dog Race heart piece. I only have 10 heart pieces at the moment and I want to have at least 13 before I go to the moon. I am also missing a bunch of mask like the Romani Mask, Couple's Mask, and the Postman's Mask. I also need to get the Stone Mask or whatever the one that makes Link invisible also.

Hopefully I will try to take on Stone Tower Temple again soon.  :o
Wow, you haven't gotten the Romani Mask or the Bremen Mask up until now? :o I got those quite a while back. And I currently have 16 hearts at the moment. And that's the amount of hearts you need to take on that Ikana Spirit House thing. I'll tackle that tonight. I want to have at least 18 hearts before going to fight the final boss. I know where to get some heart pieces, but others are just impossible to earn. :roll:

As for me, I finished Stone Tower Temple yesterday. And this time, I had no problem. I didn't use a walkthrough even once, not even to find the stray fairies. Life is so much better once you've got the Light arrows. And Twinmold is a cake walk, you just slash at either their tails or their faces. I don't think I got more than 5 points knocked off my health. After that, I went to the Fairy Fountain to get the Fairy Sword. Great item to have, but it should have been rewarded after Great Bay Temple in my opinion. Would have made those mini bosses much easier to kill. As soon as I got the sword, I went back in time and did the Anju and Kafei quest. As long and as tedious as this trading sequence is, I'd say this is my favorite side quest in the whole game. And I love the storyline behind it too. The only mistake I made was not getting the room key. Where you can eavesdrop on the Anju and the grandmother having a conversation. Other than that, everything else went smoothly, including the Sakon's hideout room with all the actuators. That's where I usually screw up, but I only stepped on one red actuator at most. From that quest, I've gotten the 4 remaining masks I needed, and now I have every mask. Excluding the Fierce Deity mask, which you don't get until the final boss. I should probably finish the game by this Friday.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »
I really wish I could do the Anju and Kafei quest, but it is so pointless to do it for the Couple's Mask and a lousy Heart Piece. At the same time though, you do need it in order to get the Fierce Deity Mask. But then again, you also have to get some tough mask like the Don Gero Mask also. And wow you have 16 hearts? I really need to do a lot of catching up then! But first I just want to get Stone Tower Temple out of the way. And yes, Twinmold is indeed really easy and a joke of a boss. I guess that is good considering how lone STT is.

And isn't the Secret Shrine the place you fight all the mini-bosses again? I mean it is fun and everything, but it is also tricky and takes a lot of skill to beat.  :o

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 09, 2012, 06:15:55 PM »
Yeah, the Secret Shrine is the one with all those mini bosses. You get a heart piece out of it if you finish everything. You also get a heart piece for banking 5,000 rupees. I have about 4800 ish, so I'm almost there with that one. Other than that, where else can I get more heart pieces? I mean, there is that one where you conduct a frog choir. But then I'd have to re fight those mini bosses again. Something I'm really not in the mood to do. :?

And yes, you have to have every single mask to get the Fierce Deity mask. Since you give those moon kids all of your masks to fight in their little dungeons. Even though the Couple's Mask is utterly useless, it's still worth having for the sake of completion. And good luck with your restart of Stone Tower Temple. It shouldn't be a problem this time around, since you now have Light arrows. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2012, 12:29:34 AM »
Oh yeah, that frog Heart Piece is beyond ridiculous.  :shock: You have to find the five frogs all over Termina in ONE three day cycle in order to get the Heart Piece. The problem is that it is ridiculous to find the frogs. I mean you can only find one in Snowhead while it is spring time, so that means you have to beat Goht. And two of the frogs involve you going into other dungeons in order to beat Wart. This is just way too much stuff to go through for a damn Heart Piece. And it all has to be done in one cycle too. :roll:

I know there are four heart pieces on the moon, one for each of the Boss Remains. The Goron Link one is beyond ridiculous also to collect where you have to roll through a series of ramps. The other three are not too bad IIRC.

And the Rupee Bank... I have no idea how many I have. I usually don't deposit them when going back in time. Another demanding heart piece.

And there is the Deku Playground in Clock Town that is also hard to get too.

Other than that, I am focusing on beating STT tonight. I am back to the inverted one and now need to get the Giant's Mask and fight Gomess for the Boss Key.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2012, 12:59:07 AM »
Call me crazy, but I actually completed the Frog Choir one. I was bored, and I had nothing better to do. :lol: And you don't defeat Wart to get the Frog one in the Great Bay Temple. It's the Frog in a dirty bubble one you have to defeat. The three day cycle for that one is not bad at all. It would definitely help to play Inverted Song of Time though. And really, the Rupees in the bank one is not hard at all. I always bank my rupees, even if there really isn't too much of a point to it.

The worst one? Definitely the Deku Playground one. I tried it once, and I just couldn't do it. All I have to do now is fight the boss on the moon tomorrow, and then I'm done with the game. :D

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 10, 2012, 12:19:24 PM »
Yay, I beat the Stone Tower Temple! It wasn't easy but I got the final boss remains and awakened all four giants. Now I have a choice on whether I go to the Moon or collect more Heart Pieces and Masks. I am thinking of collecting some more Heart Pieces and masks though and I might even go after the Fierce Deity Mask.  :mrred:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2012, 03:02:38 PM »
I'd go and collect more masks if I were you. That way, you can give those moon kids all your masks, and then get the Fierce Deity Mask. I'd definitely get some more heart pieces too. I have 17 hearts, and I want at least 18 hearts before I fight the final boss. There's one heart piece in each moon dungeon, so I could easily complete another heart container that way. And I'm definitely gonna need fairies and some Chateau Romani too. Since this boss is gonna require you to use up a lot of energy. I could have done the moon bit last night, but I wanted to save it for tonight instead.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2012, 12:54:31 AM »
At the time being, I am getting more heart pieces. I just rescued that stupid seahorse from Pinnacle Rock from Great Bay and got that heart piece. I also got the Octorok Archery one. This time around, it only took me around 7-8 tries to get it. With that being said, I have 14 hearts now and on the verge of getting 15.

And what is with the creepy hand in the Clock Town Inn? All it does is ask for toilet paper? Seriously, some of these Terminians are really weird.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2012, 01:32:39 AM »
Yeah, I never got what the deal was with that mysterious hand dude. All you have to do is give him some paper to wipe his ass with. Totally creepy. O_O And you're lucky you mastered the Octorok Archery one. The best I could get was 48, just two away from the perfect score of 50. Last time I replayed, I got 49. The swamp archery game is harder. You have to get a score of 2,000 to get a heart piece. I'm lucky if I can even get a score of 1,000. Figures, with my luck in any kind of archery game. :roll:

As for me, I'm finally done with the game! The boss is so easy if you use Fierce Deity Mask AND slash the hell out of him. I bought Chateau Romani and drank it before the battle. And I bottled up some fairies, but didn't even use up one jar. Some of the dungeons are pretty tedious to get through, but it's still worth going into for the last remaining heart pieces. My final death toll is the whole game was one. No really, the only time I died was trying to take down Gyorg in Great Bay Temple. Last playthrough I only died 3 times, and even that's not bad. The credits at the end are pretty cool, but not as epic as OOT's credits are. One thing that annoyed me was at the end, Tatl basically told Link to "Get lost and go home so we can enjoy the carnival." Excuse me? I busted my butt and went back in time 1029384756 times and risked my life to save your precious little town. And this is the thanks I get for all my hard work?! And people find Navi annoying and an awful character. -_-

So, now that I'm done playing both N64 Zelda games, I don't know what is next for me. I probably won't download anymore emulators for those non N64 games, so this is it for me replaying Zelda for a while. But I'll still post in this thread, mostly to share more theories and funny comics with you guys.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2012, 02:02:31 PM »
I have been doing a lot of mask collecting and making significant progress. Right now, I still need Don Gero's Mask and the Couples' Mask. I want to go after the Kafei-Anju Quest after i get Don Gero's Mask.

And as for Majora, I don't think I ever had trouble with him/her. The first form you can take down with Zora Link. Although it really becomes annoying when the other boss masks come alive and attack Link. But once you defeat them, they don't come bacl. I love the second form though, even though it was the easiest. All if does is dance around and throw lightning bolts at Link. Not very threatening I must say. The third form is the toughest, but it can go down quick though if you are quick with your Hero's Bow. Overall, the boss battle was fun from what I recall.

And yes, the Majora's Mask ending was pretty lousy and uninteresting. But then again, a lot of the Zelda game endings are just not good enough. But I liked the OoT ending more because it was more memorable. Overall, both OoT and MM are my all time favorite games.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2012, 04:53:41 PM »
I didn't use Zora form for the first part of the final battle. I just used the Fierce Deity mask, works just as well. The second part of the battle is so bizarre. It's just dancing around humming some strange tune. If you use the Fairy's Sword, he's defeated very quickly. The third part is the hardest part. You've got to get as far away from the whips as possible. I used both Light arrows and Fierce Deity to take him down. Worked like a charm, and I didn't get more than 6 points taken off my health either.

The end credits to MM could have been better. The highlight of the credits are the Zora's performing. And you see Anju get married, yet you don't see Kafei anywhere. Or maybe I didn't look carefully enough. OOT's end credits were a lot better for sure. Even then, OOT and MM are my two favorite games as well.