Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 21236 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2012, 12:52:42 AM »
Really? I found the boss very easy. He may look big, but he really doesn't do any major damage. Just a quarter point off your health, but that's it. You're right about the moths though, those are really annoying. And yeah, the Deku King sucks, he's worse than King Zora. I'm glad there's no butt sliding too, like you said. :roll:

And yeah, I like the transforming masks too. My favorite is the Zora one, the Deku one is okay, and I'm not a fan of the Goron one. And I can never hear the drums very well either. Which is especially a problem when you're trying to play an ocarina tune.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2012, 11:49:19 AM »
Twilight Princess progress:

I've finished Lakebed Temple, and now Midna's dying.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2012, 12:12:36 PM »
Really? I found the boss very easy. He may look big, but he really doesn't do any major damage. Just a quarter point off your health, but that's it. You're right about the moths though, those are really annoying. And yeah, the Deku King sucks, he's worse than King Zora. I'm glad there's no butt sliding too, like you said. :roll:

And yeah, I like the transforming masks too. My favorite is the Zora one, the Deku one is okay, and I'm not a fan of the Goron one. And I can never hear the drums very well either. Which is especially a problem when you're trying to play an ocarina tune.

Well, I don't think he was tough per se... rather his attacks were pretty strong early on in-game. But yeah, I am in the process of fighting him right now, and he is not hard at all. The Woodfall Temple as a whole wasn't hard either. But I have to say, I totally forgot about the music in the temple and its so creepy and I kind of like it. I also captured the Deku Princess in the bottle and now I am about to save a frying monkey. Then after that, I am going to explore the Swamp since its no longer poisoned.

I think I should also complete the Deku Shrine also to get the Mask of Scents. The only bad part is that Deku Butler race is similar to the race in Dampe's grave. Oh well, at least its not as annoying though. :roll:

And I am finally glad to have the Fairy Bow next. Once I am finished with the Swamp, I am going back in time and heading to Snowhead Mountain.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2012, 12:15:13 PM »
Twilight Princess progress:

I've finished Lakebed Temple, and now Midna's dying.

I didn't like the Lakebed Temple at all. It was confusing and a headache to complete. The boss fight is pretty epic and cool though, but its a bit obvious that its kind of a ripoff of Morpha in OoT. The name of the boss is even Morpheel. :P

And the Midna dying scene is one of the saddest parts of the game. I have to admit though I like the musical piece that comes along with it though. This is the part of the game when it really starts getting good.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 28, 2012, 02:09:16 PM »
Sheesh...I remembered the Water Temple as being a pain to get through, but I don't remember it being THIS bad! :x :x
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2012, 03:34:29 PM »
Well, I don't think he was tough per se... rather his attacks were pretty strong early on in-game. But yeah, I am in the process of fighting him right now, and he is not hard at all. The Woodfall Temple as a whole wasn't hard either. But I have to say, I totally forgot about the music in the temple and its so creepy and I kind of like it. I also captured the Deku Princess in the bottle and now I am about to save a frying monkey. Then after that, I am going to explore the Swamp since its no longer poisoned.

I think I should also complete the Deku Shrine also to get the Mask of Scents. The only bad part is that Deku Butler race is similar to the race in Dampe's grave. Oh well, at least its not as annoying though. :roll:

And I am finally glad to have the Fairy Bow next. Once I am finished with the Swamp, I am going back in time and heading to Snowhead Mountain.
I really didn't think his attacks were strong at all. He only takes a quarter point off your health, but it's not too bad. As for the swamp area, you can go to that one house and kill 30 skulltulas. Most of them are pretty easy to find, and you get the Mask of Truth after you're done defeating them all. And the mask really comes in handy for some of the side quests, like the dog racing one. And the Deku Shrine isn't that hard at all. If you put on your bunny ears, you'll be able to keep up with the butler no problem. The first time I messed up because I was in Deku form, and ran into fire, prompting a start over. The second time was a piece of cake, since I had the bunny ears on.

For my progress, all I did was try to collect heart pieces yesterday. Some were pretty easy, but others were just impossible. How can anyone win the "Deku flying around" game three days in a row? I couldn't even collect one rupee. :roll: And the winning the "Honey and Darling" game is pretty hard too. Though some of their challenges aren't that bad. I have 7 hearts at the moment, and I'll take on Snowhead next.

Sheesh...I remembered the Water Temple as being a pain to get through, but I don't remember it being THIS bad! :x :x
Yeah, Water Temple is a chore to get through. But it gets a little easier towards the end just before you fight the boss. Morpha is a cake walk, all you have to do is lure it with your hookshot and slash it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:37:26 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 29, 2012, 12:57:40 AM »

Yeah, Water Temple is a chore to get through. But it gets a little easier towards the end just before you fight the boss. Morpha is a cake walk, all you have to do is lure it with your hookshot and slash it.

The Water Temple is a pain to go through. Its annoying when it comes to constantly changing the water level and Iron Boots on Link in order to go to different places. But once you have the Compass and Dungeon Map, it makes life much easier to get through that dungeon. The one thing that throws people off about that dungeon is that there is one Small Key to find. Once you find it, the temple is not so bad. Except the fight with Dark Link... :roll:

I have made a lot of progress in MM. I got quite a few masks including Masks of Scents, Bunny Hood, Blast Mask, and now I am heading to Snowhead. But I am collecting more heartpieces before I go there. Man, MM has a LOT of heart pieces to collect. A lot of them are so damn hard to collect also. I got a few already in Termina Field and Clock Town. And PPF, that Honey and Darling game is so hard to beat. Don't you have to beat it three different times to get the Heart Piece?

And wait until you try the Octorok Shooting game. Very fustrating...  :x

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2012, 01:51:49 AM »
I've already done the Snowhead "errands." Which included getting the Lens of Truth, learning the Goron Lullaby to SHUT THAT GORON KID UP, and getting a few more heart pieces. I've even completed yet another heart container too, now standing at 8 hearts. I'll take on Snowhead Temple starting tomorrow.

And yeah, some (if not most) of the heart pieces in MM are SUCH a chore to collect. I've gotten the random Termina Field and some Clock Town ones no problem. But the "get a perfect score three days in a row" games are just annoying. And yes, that includes the "Honey and Darling" game. In my opinion, the "Deku Rupees" ones are even worse. Seriously, how is it remotely possible to even get one rupee, let alone a heart piece for getting a perfect score all three days? The Octorok Shooting game is pretty frustrating too, though it gets better once you get used to it. When I last replayed, I got a score of 49, just ONE SHORT of perfect score. Hopefully this time I'll be a little more lucky. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2012, 02:01:47 AM »
THANK YOU! I am glad that I am not the only one that found that Goron Baby annoying. What is with Nintendo and making Goron babies annoying in the Zelda games? I mean OoT had Darunia's son that would keep crying until you reassure him that you will find his dad. But this Goron Baby in Snowhead is the worst. And WTF is with the father of the Goron Baby? Does Nintendo really expect me to believe that ancient crippled old huncback and creepy Goron is the baby's dad? He looks old enough to be that baby's Great Great Grandfather.  :roll: :roll: :roll:

And yes, MM has a lot of hard heart pieces. They make the hard ones in OoT look like there is nothing to them. I hate a lot of the Clock Town ones like the Honey and Darling and Octorok Shooting Gallery. Also, the Deku Playground is so F'ing hard also. And then there is that beaver race in Great Bay. And all of those heart pieces on the moon are a bitch to get also. If you can get 20 hearts in this game, you are a true warrior. :o

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2012, 02:26:03 AM »
Well, at least Darunia's son didn't make constant wailing noises while crying. Plus, he did take a break from the crying and calmed down a little at some points. But this Goron baby.... did. not. shut. up. Until of course, you played the lullaby. Also, I swear that baby looks like a girl, yet it was implied it was a boy. And don't even get me started on the baby's father. I completely agree with your sentiment that he looks like the kid's Great Great Grandfather. By far the creepiest looking Goron I have ever seen. :shock:

And yes, it takes a lot of skill to get all 20 heart pieces. I don't know how anyone could do that. Knowing me, I'll probably use cheats to maximize on heart pieces just before I fight the final boss. :lol:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #175 on: July 29, 2012, 03:47:54 AM »
There are 52 heart pieces in MM, an increase from the 36 in OoT. If they actually thought expanding on exploring was a good idea, it isn't.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2012, 01:24:11 PM »
The reason that there are so many heart pieces in MM compared to OoT because you get less Heart Containers in MM than in OoT. There are only four boss fights after all where you can get a Heart Container. And yeah, the increased amount of Heart Pieces make the player explore a little bit more. But really, most of the Heart Pieces are found around Clock Town and Termina Field. And a lot of them require an extensive task to be completed in order for to get them all. So it is so much harder to get them in OoT than in MM.

So I finally got the Lens of Truth from Mr. Talk too much. From his dialogue, he seems to be one of the few characters in Termina that knows that Link has the capability to travel back in time. I can't wait to get Snowhead Temple done also. I am not a fan of that temple at all and I hate the Goron Link too. And the boss fight against Goht i so frustrating.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 29, 2012, 03:52:01 PM »
Yeah, Snowhead temple is so unremarkable. And Link looks just plain awkward as Goron Link. The boss for Snowhead is really easy actually. You just have to bump into Goht constantly and watch your magic meter. But it does get old having to fight him over and over again when you have to do a challenge in the spring time only. And you have to keep going back in time to re fight the boss.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2012, 11:59:15 PM »
Okay, you are telling me that Snowhead Temple was blocked by a giant Goron blowing wind? ow lame. Anyways, I am inside Snowhead Temple now. This temple is like the Ice Cavern but much more annoying with too many Goron Link puzzles. I hate Goron Link, especially in the areas you have to roll with him in order to jump over gaps. On top of that, how am I suppose to capture all of those Great Fairies with a time limit. Oh well, I don't want to see their over-sexed bodies anyways. :roll:

I can't wait until I get out of the Snowhead region... :?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 30, 2012, 01:03:09 AM »
Well, if you collect the fairies, you get an upgrade on your magic meter. Some of them are pretty easy to find, like the ones in the chest. But some of them are a pain to get. Especially that one room with all the switches you have to pound on. I hope you know what I'm talking about there. And getting the fairy in THAT room is a joke. Though I just levitated to get it, since I was so fed up with that room by then.

And yes, I'm already done with the temple, and the boss Goht. He's pretty easy, I didn't get more than 2 hearts dub ducted from my health. The mountains look good in the springtime. And there are some interesting side quests that come with it too. Like the Goron race one, and the upgraded sword one. Though the latter I'm gonna have to do tomorrow. Because you have to talk to the owners on the first day in order to get everything upgraded. So that means I'll have to re fight the boss again. :roll:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:08:57 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »