Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 21236 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2012, 12:57:55 AM »
Well, I've finally beat the game! And it only took me 2 weeks to beat it too. :o Last time I replayed this, it took me a good 4 weeks to beat it. That boss was actually not that bad this time around. The first half was annoying, what with playing tennis with the energy balls. The second half wasn't half bad either. Sure, it's annoying having to roll under Ganon every 3 seconds, but it's actually pretty easy. And to think, I had the most trouble with that part of the boss last time I replayed this. :lol: I did die once, and had to use one more fairy jar when on my second "round." After that, the credits rolled and the game was finished. Yay! :D And my final death toll was 2. No lie, it was definitely an immense improvement over my last death toll of 47. XD

Tomorrow, I'll probably collect the remaining 8 heart pieces I need, and I'll defeat some more skulltulas. I know it seems pointless, but I'll do it anyways for the sake of completion. If I change my mind though, I'll use cheats to get the maximum of everything. Then I'll download Majora's Mask, and start that game by Wednesday. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2012, 02:52:05 AM »
And to anyone who cares, here's the heart pieces I need:

- The bowling alley one as a kid.
- The memorization game with the frogs. (I already got the one where all you have to do is play Song of Storms).
- The "throw a bomb into the huge pot" one in Goron City.
- The Golden scale one. (Which I still don't have. Meh, maybe I'll use cheats to get the Golden Scale. We'll see).
- The Dampe's Race one in under a minute. (Groan). :roll:
- The Dampe's digging for a heart piece one. (Another groan). -_-
- The "jam session" with the two skull kids in the Lost Woods. (I already got the play Saria's Song to the Skull Kid one).
- The 10 pound fish one as a kid. (Even though I have virtually no luck with fishing. It's still worth a try anyways).

Most of them (with some exceptions), are gonna be a chore to collect. But, it's a good way to kill time once you've finished with the game and still want to collect more stuff. :P

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2012, 09:45:15 AM »
Well, I got Epona back. Unfortunately, the Twilit are in Kakariko Village.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2012, 01:11:31 PM »
Well, I've finally beat the game! And it only took me 2 weeks to beat it too. :o Last time I replayed this, it took me a good 4 weeks to beat it. That boss was actually not that bad this time around. The first half was annoying, what with playing tennis with the energy balls. The second half wasn't half bad either. Sure, it's annoying having to roll under Ganon every 3 seconds, but it's actually pretty easy. And to think, I had the most trouble with that part of the boss last time I replayed this. :lol: I did die once, and had to use one more fairy jar when on my second "round." After that, the credits rolled and the game was finished. Yay! :D And my final death toll was 2. No lie, it was definitely an immense improvement over my last death toll of 47. XD

Tomorrow, I'll probably collect the remaining 8 heart pieces I need, and I'll defeat some more skulltulas. I know it seems pointless, but I'll do it anyways for the sake of completion. If I change my mind though, I'll use cheats to get the maximum of everything. Then I'll download Majora's Mask, and start that game by Wednesday. :P

Congrats! The Ganon battle is not too hard since there is a ton of ways to stun him. I don't think I have died too much in that battle compared to Ganondorf in his tower. And wow, only two deaths? I only have one death at the moment, I think I will beat you.

As for me, I have been playing a lot to get more Heart Pieces. I got 18 now and all I need is six more to go. I was soooooo close to getting the one in the Dampe race game, but I missed out on it by like two seconds. :roll: There is also one in Gerudo Valley hidden in a box that I still need to get. At least I should have 19 before going to work later...

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2012, 04:16:44 PM »
Haha thanks.

And apparently there's one heart you can get at Gerudo's Fortress as a kid. You can some how sneak in there by using a nearby cucco, and you won't get penalized. Knowing me, I'll just levitate over the blocked "entry way." Also, this pertains to skulltulas, but if you go to one of the trees in Hyrule Castle, you can do some sort of glitch to get unlimited skulltulas. (It's the tree right by where you sneak in to the courtyard). Of course, I can't confirm this, and you don't have to to try this or anything. But, still an interesting tidbit I'd like to point out anyways.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2012, 03:11:55 PM »
So I finally beat Ganon's Tower today. I have to say that the Forest Trial room was a bitch with all those fans and collecting all of those Silver Rupees. I didn't like the Shadow Trial Room either because it is easy to screw up and have to start over in that big room again. But overall, I awakened all six sages and just need to fight Ganon/Ganondorf next.

I think I am going to start on Majora's Mask next also. I have that game downloaded to the Wii from the Virtual Console. Although it might take me longer to finish that game because I am not as familiar with it as I was with Ocarina of Time.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2012, 03:14:59 PM »
Well, I collected 6/8 heart pieces I needed. The only ones I couldn't get was the bowling alley one, and the Dampe's race one. For the former, I couldn't get that side target to save my life. And for the latter, I seriously couldn't get any better than 1:04 for final race time. Way too hard, so I gave up on both accounts. And it's true what they say about the heart piece in Gerudo's Fortress. There is one at the tippity top where you'd get "captured." If you climb high enough, you'll see it. However, I used this method to get past the "closed off" gate by levitating. If you have an actual console, I don't think that would work.

And the skulltula glitch actually worked for me! You go by the tree in Hyrule Castle (just before you sneak in to the courtyard), play Song of Storms to make the hole appear, and then go in there and try the glitch. There's a video that shows you exactly how to do it. And that video can explain it better than I can. I tried it a few times, and worked like a charm. But then I blew it by making a mistake and then stopped working. So now, I've maxed everything out and am officially done with the game. I downloaded Majora's Mask last night and will start that sometime tonight.

EDIT: And once again, TRJ posts at the same time as me. Either I'm posting slower and slower by the day, or you're reading my mind for which threads I go to. :lol:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:48:43 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2012, 12:29:14 AM »
I have heard of the Skulltula glitch before and I am pretty sure it works in all versions of the game. But I already got the 50 I need for the heart piece, so no need in bothering to get anymore. I also got the heart piece at the top of Gerudo Fortress, its easy to get there as an adult by climbing the ivy near the Training Grounds. Its in a treasure chest that you can hookshot too.

And I finished beating both Ganon and Ganondorf. I had some trouble with Ganondorf as I ran out of magic for my Light Arrows. But luckily there were jars at the bottom of the fight that contains Magic Jars. I love the escape from Ganon's Tower with Zelda also, but Zelda's screaming irritates me. And I hate that ReDead at the end of the bridge. Haven't we had enough of them? :roll:

The boss battle against Ganon was fun. Once again I ran out of magic. But at least you can get some more during the fight. You can stun Ganon in many different ways. He went down rather easily for me. I love the ending credits though, its just so sad to see Link go back in time and lose Navi, even if she was annoying. But the music is great though and I love the ending where everyone is in Lon Lon Ranch. :mrred:

Next up is Majora's Mask. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 26, 2012, 01:13:27 AM »
So, you've beat it too now? Great congrats! And I don't recall running out of magic at all from either portion of the boss. I did sort of run low on arrows, but if you lure Ganon towards the buildings/ruins, he'll knock them down for you. I stocked up on arrows and also fairy jars. Out of the four I bottled up (very quickly might I add), I only used up one. This was after I died the first time around. And total word on the freaking Redead appearing AGAIN, even after you attempt to escape from the castle. Was it really necessary to throw one in again? :roll: And yeah, I absolutely love the credits at the end, when everyone is at Lon Lon Ranch celebrating. I especially like the sages watching the whole celebration from the top of Death Mountain. I'm assuming they're just spirits, and not physically them as themselves. If that's the case, then that strengthens the "sages died in their respective temples" theory even more. And yeah, it's really sad how Link goes back to being a kid for good, and parts ways with Navi. And the music throughout the credits is just great.

As for me, I've already started Majora's Mask. :P And the first parts are sort of tedious. Life gets so much easier once you get your ocarina back though. And I like the flashback where Zelda and Link talk and is taught the "Song of Time." Which is the most important song in the whole game. I can't wait to get to the temples though. I have to remember to play the inverted "Song of Time" to slow time down so I don't lose and have to start over. Basically, I haven't really made much progress. But I have already acquired 6 masks (one being the Deku one), so I guess that counts as something. Also, it's just oh so obvious it is Navi Link is looking for on his "journey." I mean, who else would he be looking for that was so noteworthy and special? Navi is the only one that makes sense honestly.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:16:53 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2012, 12:13:38 PM »
Majora's Mask progress so far. I've got the Sonata of Awakening. And the Deku King is just so rash!

I just remembered that Krappy Drabby (okay, the owl) is in this game. Goddamn it!
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »
So, you've beat it too now? Great congrats! And I don't recall running out of magic at all from either portion of the boss. I did sort of run low on arrows, but if you lure Ganon towards the buildings/ruins, he'll knock them down for you. I stocked up on arrows and also fairy jars. Out of the four I bottled up (very quickly might I add), I only used up one. This was after I died the first time around. And total word on the freaking Redead appearing AGAIN, even after you attempt to escape from the castle. Was it really necessary to throw one in again? :roll: And yeah, I absolutely love the credits at the end, when everyone is at Lon Lon Ranch celebrating. I especially like the sages watching the whole celebration from the top of Death Mountain. I'm assuming they're just spirits, and not physically them as themselves. If that's the case, then that strengthens the "sages died in their respective temples" theory even more. And yeah, it's really sad how Link goes back to being a kid for good, and parts ways with Navi. And the music throughout the credits is just great.

As for me, I've already started Majora's Mask. :P And the first parts are sort of tedious. Life gets so much easier once you get your ocarina back though. And I like the flashback where Zelda and Link talk and is taught the "Song of Time." Which is the most important song in the whole game. I can't wait to get to the temples though. I have to remember to play the inverted "Song of Time" to slow time down so I don't lose and have to start over. Basically, I haven't really made much progress. But I have already acquired 6 masks (one being the Deku one), so I guess that counts as something. Also, it's just oh so obvious it is Navi Link is looking for on his "journey." I mean, who else would he be looking for that was so noteworthy and special? Navi is the only one that makes sense honestly.

I am definitely not a fan of the early in-game portion of Majora's Mask. Its just so sluggish and you have to complete so many quests before being able to fight Skull Kid on top of the Clock Tower. I have already started Majora's Mask now and I just met the creepy Happy Masks Salesman. That guy is so unusual, but I like his theme though. :o

Now I have to run all over Clock Town in order to get all the things I need in order to get that Land Title deed from that Business Scrub. I have no idea where to go first, but I will figure it out. I mean I only have 3 days (or 72 minutes) after all... :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2012, 04:13:42 PM »
Oh yeah, the owl is in this game too. I don't think you see too much of him though, outside learning the "teleport" song from him. I personally never liked the ocarina tune you learned from him. Sound so off key and too loud to me. Oh well, definitely serves as a good teleporting device instead of running around and wasting time.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2012, 11:17:32 AM »
I agree with PPF that life is so much easier once you get your Ocarina back and learn the Song of Time. Now you don't have to worry about the timer as much now that you have the Song of Time. Anyays, I just learned the Song of Healing from the Happy Masks Salesman. Like I said before, that guy is a nutjob. Before I head to the Woodfall Temple and Swamp, I want to do some exploring and try to get some heart pieces because three hearts will do me no good in Woodfall at all.  :cry:

I am not looking forward though getting through the Swamp. That part of the game is kind of tricky so early on. I guess I need to rescue that Witch in the forest.

And yes, that annoying owl is in this game too. Luckily, you only meet on Snowhead Mountain in order to get the Lens of Truth. And he touches you the Song of Soaring, which is very useful in MM. So I guess he has somekind of use, unlike in OoT.  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2012, 03:34:28 PM »
I'm already done with Woodfall. And while the side quest with the Deku Princess and the monkey is sort of tiring, the whole area is pretty easy to navigate. One section I particularly hate though is the one where you enter the temple in the first place. With all the bugs and Dekus attacking you constantly. I can't tell you how many times I got knocked down trying to kill those bugs. :roll: The temple itself was a breeze, I didn't even need many walkthroughs at all. With the exception of some missing fairies I needed and how to kill that pesky turtle and frog mini boss, I got through every room with no problem. It's very straight forward and self explanatory. And I finished with plenty of time to spare, it was morning of the final day when I finished the temple.

After that, I went to that tourists section, and played that archery game with one of the witches. If you get 20 targets, you get a heart piece. I sucked though, I couldn't even get past 4. :lol: I currently have 6 hearts at the moment, and I hope to get some more too. Maybe some of the post-temple sidequests will reward you heart pieces. And yeah, the owl is a little less annoying in this game. You do meet him in Snowhead, and also at Woodfall to learn the teleporting song. At least he doesn't just sit there and state the obvious like in OOT.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2012, 12:39:05 AM »
Woodfall Temple is indeed easy. I never had trouble with that temple at all. Odolwa is pretty hard for the first boss in the game. Those moths or whatever he summons are a bitch to avoid. I have made it all the way to the Deku Palace now and waiting to try and meet with the Deku King. Poor monkey, this Deku King is almost as bad and incompetent as King Zora. At least there is no butt sliding scene that takes a minute though/  :roll:

And one thing I love about MM is the ability to switch between different forms of Link. I like Deku Link, but I can't wait until I turn into Zora Link. I wasn't really a fan of Goron Link, but I do like the drums though. :mrred: