Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 21236 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2012, 01:32:21 AM »
I wonder if Nintendo was watching "The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard" and got inspired by Wing Ding and Ring Ling when naming the carpenters? So far we have an Ichiro, Shiro, and Jiro. I don't even want to imagine the name of the last one.  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2012, 01:39:42 AM »
I wonder if Nintendo was watching "The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard" and got inspired by Wing Ding and Ring Ling when naming the carpenters? So far we have an Ichiro, Shiro, and Jiro. I don't even want to imagine the name of the last one.  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
It was translated from Japanese. That might have been the actual names.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2012, 01:45:01 AM »
I've already rescued all the carpenters. And boy does it feel so good to have the Gerudo Membership card. After that, the guards will just leave you alone and not capture you every three seconds. I've also done the Gerudo Training Grounds. And since I already had the maximum keys thanks to the cheats (see earlier rants), I ran over and got the Ice Arrows. Even though they're utterly useless in this game. I still went for the keys anyways, though I did skip over some rooms. As for me, I've at least entered the Spirit Temple as a kid. I'll start that tomorrow. And man, was it a chore to pass through the desert/sand storm or what? :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »
I might do the Gerudo Training Grounds later on because I know you need the Silver Gauntlets anyways to get a key inside there. Not that I care about the Ice Arrows or anything. Mostly just for completion. :P

Anyways, I made it across the two trials in the Desert Wasteland. The first one where you follow the flags isn't too bad. I think I got lost once or twice before reaching the Poe Guide. The second part is annoying though when following that Poe Guide. Its not that its hard to follow the Guide but those Leevers are such a pain in the ass to get around. But I found my way to the Desert Colossus and got the Requiem of Spirit. Before taking on the Spirit Temple though, I need to collect more Heart Pieces. I am only at 14 for the moment and I know I am missing a lot of the Magic patch ones.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2012, 03:29:59 PM »
Yeah, I just got the ice arrows for the sake of completion. You don't even use them in the game, but I suppose they're good to have.

And yeah, that desert was SUCH a pain. I got lost so many times it's not even funny. :roll: It gets better when the Poe guides you to the Colossus, but those Leevers are so annoying. Even though Spirit Temple is my favorite temple of them all, the "warp" point is my least favorite. I'm at 16 hearts now, and I'm already halfway done in completing another heart container. There's one in the Colossus you can get if you plant a magic bean, which I did plant. And I have almost 50 skulltulas defeated, and that amount right there is enough to get you a heart piece. I want to get at least 18 hearts before I fight the final boss.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »
Well, I made it past the Fire Temple. Volvagia was a lot tougher to beat than I remember...I died twice before beating the thing, and even then it took me two fairies.

Water Temple, here I come!
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2012, 08:25:20 PM »
Yeah, Volvagia can be a real pain if you're not careful. And he takes A LOT of points off your health if you get in the way of his fire breath. Plus, the rocks being dropped from the air doesn't help either. The only death I've suffered from so far was the Bongo Bongo boss in the Shadow Temple. But the second time around I beat it easily.

Good luck with Water Temple, aka the most tedious temple to navigate through ever.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2012, 02:17:53 AM »
I can't believe it, I just died to an Iron Knuckle.
http://phantomstemple.us.to/Smileys/phpbb/cry.gif
*hangs head in shame*

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2012, 02:20:57 AM »
Really, I can't believe I had so much trouble defeating an Iron Knuckle as Young Link. I have died in the past, but this time I had two close deaths due to them. It was my fault the first time around because I forgot how much health it takes from you when they swing at you at first. Luckily I had Nayru's Love though, because that was the only way to defeat it. I guess after mocking Nayru's Love this whole time, it came in very handy.

Now I have the Silver Gauntlets and can go forward in time as an adult. I love that scene between the Twinrova Sisters and Nabooru outside the Spirit Temple. It makes me want to fight those old whores really bad... :x

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2012, 02:40:34 AM »
Alright, two things:

First of all, what is with the URL smiley? Was that intentional or was it just a typo on your part? If not, I could modify the post unless you had a reason for it. ;)

And second of all, yeah those Iron Knuckles take A LOT of points off your health. Methinks they put that "mini boss" in there three times to foreshadow what the final boss is gonna be like. The only reason I beat it was because of Nayru's Love. I didn't remember what the feature was for until I got it from the fairy. It helps a lot, I'm not even kidding. That's the only way I didn't die, I guess it gave you a pretty hard time though. :(

As for me, I'm already done with Spirit Temple. And GOOD LORD was that boss hard. I almost died trying to beat it. I had used up all three of my fairy jars and was done to like, 6 hearts remaining before finally beating it. My main problem was the second part, where everytime I tried to rub the "reflections" in Twinrova's face, I'd jump to the bottom and miss. Such a tedious boss, but I LOVE the dialogue at the end. Makes the whole boss worth while and makes up for all the trouble you had to go through. :lol:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2012, 05:41:17 AM »
I could beat Iron Knuckles without Nayru's Love. It's the simple dodge and hit strategy. If there is enough time, jump attack. Twice as much damage.
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »
I've got the Gale Boomerang! :D

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2012, 01:28:55 PM »
Alright, two things:

First of all, what is with the URL smiley? Was that intentional or was it just a typo on your part? If not, I could modify the post unless you had a reason for it. ;)

And second of all, yeah those Iron Knuckles take A LOT of points off your health. Methinks they put that "mini boss" in there three times to foreshadow what the final boss is gonna be like. The only reason I beat it was because of Nayru's Love. I didn't remember what the feature was for until I got it from the fairy. It helps a lot, I'm not even kidding. That's the only way I didn't die, I guess it gave you a pretty hard time though. :(

As for me, I'm already done with Spirit Temple. And GOOD LORD was that boss hard. I almost died trying to beat it. I had used up all three of my fairy jars and was done to like, 6 hearts remaining before finally beating it. My main problem was the second part, where everytime I tried to rub the "reflections" in Twinrova's face, I'd jump to the bottom and miss. Such a tedious boss, but I LOVE the dialogue at the end. Makes the whole boss worth while and makes up for all the trouble you had to go through. :lol:

Twinrova is indeed tricky and difficult to face. But I still enjoy the boss fight and it is one of the best in the series. The dialogue at the end is the best part of the fight. Its nice to have a comical ending after facing a temple with a more serious tone. As for me, I haven't reached Twinrova yet. I have the Mirror Shield and Boss Key, but I still have to burn that statues face off with the large mirror. Other than that, I am looking forward to the fight with Twinrova. But it doesn't help that you have to face Nabooru/Twinrova back to back. :o

I've got the Gale Boomerang! :D

Have you fought that Orangutan or whatever it was yet in the Forest Temple? That was a funny battle. :lol:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2012, 04:03:15 PM »
Wait, what's Gale Boomerang? I know there's a regular boomerang you get as a kid, but I don't remember any Gale Boomerang.

As for me, before I get started on the final portion of the game, I'm want to get the last heart pieces and maybe a few more skulltulas. The latter I'm on the fence about. Because even if you get all 100 skulltulas, all you get is 200 rupees, which is not rewarding at all. I've already got the heart piece to beat 50+ skulltulas, and I've got the biggest extension on the wallet. Other than that, I'm not sure if I'm gonna bother defeating the rest. But I might, just for the sake of completion. As for the heart pieces, I still have 8 more to get. And they're the most pain in the butt to get. Like the Bowling Alley one, and the Dampe's race one. I'm just debating on which to do first. I'll probably get the final boss out of the way first, then go back and get all the heart pieces and skulltulas I missed. And then, it's off to download Majora's Mask.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2012, 12:03:02 AM »
Wait, what's Gale Boomerang? I know there's a regular boomerang you get as a kid, but I don't remember any Gale Boomerang.

As for me, before I get started on the final portion of the game, I'm want to get the last heart pieces and maybe a few more skulltulas. The latter I'm on the fence about. Because even if you get all 100 skulltulas, all you get is 200 rupees, which is not rewarding at all. I've already got the heart piece to beat 50+ skulltulas, and I've got the biggest extension on the wallet. Other than that, I'm not sure if I'm gonna bother defeating the rest. But I might, just for the sake of completion. As for the heart pieces, I still have 8 more to get. And they're the most pain in the butt to get. Like the Bowling Alley one, and the Dampe's race one. I'm just debating on which to do first. I'll probably get the final boss out of the way first, then go back and get all the heart pieces and skulltulas I missed. And then, it's off to download Majora's Mask.
I am not going to even bother collecting more than 50 Skulltulas if that what it takes to get that one heart piece. I beat the Twinrova sisters right now and now I have all the Medallions and 16 full hearts. I can enter Ganon's Tower now, but I want to get all 20 heart pieces before I enter. I know the ones I am missing include:

- Horse Archery in Gerudo Fortress
- Dampe's Race
- Death Mounain Crater Patch
- Frog Catching game at Zora River
- Skull Kid one in the Dark Forest
- Sun Song in the Kakariko Graveyard
- Treasure Chest on top of Gerudo Fortress
- Golden Scale one in Lake Hylia
- Hylian Loach as a kid :(

I have a lot of work to do...