Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 21238 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2012, 04:21:32 PM »
One thing I hate about the Water Temple is the constant changing of the Iron Boots and changing water levels of the temple. It just makes a sluggish pace for the temple. Those jumping spider enemies are annoying also. But other than that, I already made it to Dark Link and didn't have trouble this time finding that other Small Key. Part of the reason that it didn't take me so long was because I used the Dungeon Map and Compass this time around, so I sought out every Chest that was on the map. The one thing I always forget is the Small Key behind the bombed-wall on the second floor.

The Dark Link fight wasn't even hard. I read somewhere that if you use the Megaton Hammer on him, it makes the battle much easier. And indeed it did!  :mrgreen: Dark Link can't block the attacks from the Megaton Hammer, so the hits are always successful. Wish I knew about this a long time ago. :roll:

Now I am stuck in the room with the whirlpools. Its just so tricky to maneuver through this room without getting sucked in. :roll:

@RJF: I remember that battle with Zant, he was definitely a twisted character. Twilight Princess in general is such a dark game, almost as dark as Majora's Mask. He is such an awesome villain, but I still like Majora and Ganondorf slightly better. ;)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »
The water changing doesn't bother me as much, but constantly changing boots is really annoying. I found Dark Link to be pretty hard, honestly. I wish I knew about using the hammer on him, then I wouldn't have had to waste a fairy jar thanks to him. The boss was a cake walk though, all you have to do is hookshot to lure, then slash at him/her.

And I've never played Twilight Princess before. Something's telling me it's a pretty good game.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2012, 01:13:32 AM »
Twilight Princess is a great game and I enjoyed it, but it just didn't have the same charm as OoT and MM did for me. I mean I could go back and play OoT and MM from time and time again, while TP I have not completed after my first playthrough. Maybe I should play through it again?

Anyways, back to the Water Temple. I managed to beat Morpha with ease also. In my case though, I trapped Morpha and slashed the hell out of that mother f'er. So I didn't have to wait for it to come out of the water again. I remembered this time to get the Fire Arrows from Lake Hylia after beating the Water Temple too! Not like I really have a use for them, but I want to complete my inventory.

I managed to beat Ingo also. It took me two or three retries to beat him. The trick to the race is to not let Epona's carrots completely deplete, and always save at least one before it recharges again. So now I have Epona AND the Lens of Truth. Next to go start on the Biggoron's Sword quest. I already got the Poacher's Saw from the creepy boy in the Lost Woods, now to take it to the Carpenter in Gerudo Valley...  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2012, 01:28:39 AM »
Well, do what you want with Twilight Princess. Though, if you still want to replay OOT or MM side by side with anyone else here, I'd hold off on that. Of course, up to you. ;)

And yes, I completed my Biggoron trade fest and now have the sword itself. It's really not as hard as I thought it would be. But it's still so tedious having to go through almost every section of the game just to get stuff. And you can't teleport anywhere either. I remember last playthrough I almost ran out of time giving that Laboratory dude the frog. The problem is you have to stand literally in his face for him to accept it. But, this time I had 35 or so seconds to spare so it wasn't too much of a problem. After that was done, I went back in time and did the mask trade off. I was bored, and I sort of wanted that Mask of Truth, even if it's not that useful of an item. At one point, I accidentally forgot to wear the mask in front of that skull kid, and I guess he wanted to hear Saria's song. So I played it and got a heart piece out of it. So the whole trade off thing wasn't too much of a waste. I even got upgrades on deku nuts and deku sticks too. There's certain sections you can go to in the Lost Woods for that. I know it's pointless, but I did it anyways. :P

As of now, I've at least entered the Shadow Temple, I'll tackle on that tomorrow. And man, people weren't lying when they said it was a creepy temple. :shock:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2012, 03:24:00 AM »
I don't even know where the game is at anyways. Even then, I want to try and jump into MM next since I also have that on my Virtual Console. :p

I don't want to enter the Shadow Temple quite yet either. I am contemplating whether if I want to save those ugly Carpenters from Gerudo Fortress or not. I also want to try and get the Gold Scale, but that is a pain in the butt to get though since its hard to catch the Hylian Bass or whatever it called. But I just want to get the Shadow Temple out of the way before I step foot into Gerudo Fortress since its not my most favorite temple in the first place.

And did anyone ever get the Ice Arrows from the Gerudo Training Grounds? I remember doing that and being highly disappointed that the Ice Arrows were the prize. Man, that was a pain to fine all the Small Keys and using them to unlock all the doors to the Ice Arrows. And I hardly foun any use for them.  :? :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2012, 03:29:01 PM »
I'd do the Gerudo's Fortress bit after Shadow Temple. And yeah, the Ice Arrows are so pointless in the game. You don't get them until the end, and you don't use them once. I remember getting them, but it's so useless I don't think I touched them even once last playthrough I did. They're much more handy in Majora's Mask though.

And I've also attempted the Golden Scale, on two different occasions. Naturally, I failed at it both times I tried it. Apparently you only get the scale if you catch a 15+ pound fish. The biggest I've ever gotten was 7 pounds. It's a waste of time honestly. :roll: Though if you catch the 7 pound one as a kid, you get a heart piece. Maybe I'll try it one more time once I'm done with Shadow Temple.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2012, 12:53:20 AM »
Well, I am half way done with the Shadow Temple. This temple is just a little too over-the-top for me now. They overdid it way too much with the horror theme. I mean everywhere you look there is some kind of torture device or dead enemy in your face. So I am already getting tired of this temple now and ready to get it over. I had no problem with the Dead Hand and getting the  pair of Hover Boots. I just crossed the ferry now and now I am about to find the Boss Key.

I hate those Floormasters more than anything else in this temple. Ugh, when they split up into little hands, you have to get rid of them quick or else they will grow bigger. I can't wait to fight Bongo Bongo and get it all done. :roll:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:03:22 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2012, 01:19:32 AM »
Yeah, Shadow Temple is just creepy as hell. They did overdo it, I mean.... a Redead in nearly every "find a key" room? And I'd like to congratulate Bongo Bongo for giving me my first death in the game. Man, I didn't have NEARLY as much trouble beating it last time I replayed it. And that's saying a lot considering the humiliating death toll I had last playthrough. :lol: After gathering a bunch of fairies, and getting back to the boss, the second time around I beat him no problem. After going through all the trouble of gathering fairies, I don't even need them. Figures. XD

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2012, 08:47:15 AM »
I was able to get Twilight Princess. I'm in Faron Woods searching for Talo.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »
Well, due to our phone and internet being out for a couple of days this past week, I decided I'd catch up on OoT.  I made it past Jabu-Jabu's belly and into the adult part of the game, and also finished the Forest Temple.

Currently, I'm working my way through the Fire Temple--and I've forgotten how annoying those Flare Dancers can be if you don't kill them quickly. :lol:
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2012, 11:22:36 AM »
Well, due to our phone and internet being out for a couple of days this past week, I decided I'd catch up on OoT.  I made it past Jabu-Jabu's belly and into the adult part of the game, and also finished the Forest Temple.

Currently, I'm working my way through the Fire Temple--and I've forgotten how annoying those Flare Dancers can be if you don't kill them quickly. :lol:
And if you do kill them, they'll still try to explode in your face. :roll:
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2012, 03:27:34 PM »
Yeah, Shadow Temple is just creepy as hell. They did overdo it, I mean.... a Redead in nearly every "find a key" room? And I'd like to congratulate Bongo Bongo for giving me my first death in the game. Man, I didn't have NEARLY as much trouble beating it last time I replayed it. And that's saying a lot considering the humiliating death toll I had last playthrough. :lol: After gathering a bunch of fairies, and getting back to the boss, the second time around I beat him no problem. After going through all the trouble of gathering fairies, I don't even need them. Figures. XD

You had trouble with Bongo Bongo? I defeated him relatively easy. All you do is shoot the hands and then shoot the "Red Eye" when it comes at you. I don't think I ever had trouble with him. And when you hit him, he will give out Arrows and Magic Jars, so its not like you have to worry about running low on that. Either way, I finished the Shadow Temple this morning and glad to get it out of the way.

I am off to the Gerudo Fortress now to save those fat ugly carpenters. I hate fighting those stupid Gerudo women with the swords... :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »
I was able to get Twilight Princess. I'm in Faron Woods searching for Talo.

Good luck with the beginning portion of the game. It was very sluggish for me when I remember last playing it. But once you turn back into a human, then the game starts to pick-up.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »

See, now you're catching up with us. :lol: And yeah, the Flare Dancers are pretty annoying if you don't kill them fast enough. At one point, I even ran out of bombs and had to teleport back to Death Mountain Crater to stock up. Still an easy match despite that.

You had trouble with Bongo Bongo? I defeated him relatively easy. All you do is shoot the hands and then shoot the "Red Eye" when it comes at you. I don't think I ever had trouble with him. And when you hit him, he will give out Arrows and Magic Jars, so its not like you have to worry about running low on that. Either way, I finished the Shadow Temple this morning and glad to get it out of the way.

I am off to the Gerudo Fortress now to save those fat ugly carpenters. I hate fighting those stupid Gerudo women with the swords... :roll:
Well, the second time around I beat him in literally two minutes. I just stunned the hands, turned on Lens of Truth, went straight to the Red Eye, and slashed the hell out of it with the Biggoron sword. That sword really pays off if you want to kill a boss quickly. I've read on other message boards that others have had a hard time with that boss as well. Even the walkthrough says "this is a pretty hard boss unless you know what you're doing." Overall, Shadow Temple was a pretty easy to get through. Besides the very beginning and the room with the spikes, I didn't have to use many walkthroughs at all. The complaints I have are the room with the Wallmasters, and how they grow back to normal length if you're too slow to kill it. And how far you have to go just to get to the Boss door. Otherwise, cool temple, albeit creepy.

And I'm also at the Gerudo portion of the game too. I haven't actually entered the fortress yet, I just went to get skulltulas and heart pieces. But I'll definitely free those carpenters next.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2012, 01:29:04 AM »
The Shadow Temple is so linear that its not possible to get loss like you can in the Forest and Water Temple. Every puzzle is straightforward pretty much and its like you have to use the Lens of Truth is every room. They really overdid it with all the hidden secrets and horror theme in that temple. Bongo Bongo would've been more challenging if the fight didn't give you arrows and magic bottles every five seconds. But I do like the beat he makes when playing the drum. :mrred:

I have rescued 3/4 of the Carpenters in Gerudo Fortress. I am having trouble finding that last one now. I hate fighting those Gerudo women with swords. When they do that charge attack, they can knock you out and send you back to the Prison. But other than that, I can't wait until I rescue that last carpenter.  :mrorange: